Life in Kuwait as a single person

Kuwait,

The city of heat and sand, a lot of it!

Kuwait really has nothing special to offer, unless you are from South Africa, like me, than you will really enjoy the save environment, yes, it is save, never I felt my life was threatened or something was stolen from me

Kuwait Dinar is also a very strong currency, I am making 4 times more my salary compared to when I was living in South Africa and it is tax free

But here is the downside, it is a major downside too....

Kuwait there is not much to do, unless you enjoy eating or smoking sheesa/ hubbly bubbly, movies are heavily restricted in some cinemas and some movies cut out too much of the movie to a point you are not sure what is going on in the movie...

So what else is there to do as a single guy?  Dating is sort of illegal, no kissing in public, no holding hands if you are not married and alcohol, so no bars, no clubs, no beach parties and no 'knertsies' (shots or warm up drinks) at the braai 'BBQ'

That is probably one thing you can do is have a BBQ with friends and have a orange juice...

Unless you like me and don't make much friends, because the majority of Westerners all seem to have be married with/ with out children and I am not even close to settling down yet

I will be honest, there is only so many times I can go out to watch a movie or go eat out before it becomes boring, so I do it once a month

Rent is super expensive and so is red meat, mostly I enjoy a mixed salad with chicken, no salad dressing or spices on the chicken, had to start going on a diet because Burger king was making me look like a burger, with an extra burger beef patty...

You could go to the shooting range (not sure if it is still existing) or you could fly to Dubai for a weekend, even better, just go work in Dubai

Woman don't have to cover them up, like Saudi Arabia, just need to dress in a way to not show too much skin, so no mini skirts

I also recently noticed that the woman is allowed to swim in bikini's in some areas like Khiran, it seems...

I spend most my weekends in front of the computer and playing online games, just wish the ping was better but since not fast enough DSL in my area, I play from 4G LTE, I have 1.4 GB of data, 4G LTE internet is cheap, rather download a movie here than go watch a movie, because you have 1TB of 4G LTE data, so why not?

Other then not much to do, it is dirty, very dirty, it is hot, very very hot, I stand 5 minutes in the sun and I look like a tomato, my white skin hates me for standing in the sun

Driving is awful, accidents are some of the worst accidents I have ever seen, public transport is very limited and everyone blames everyone for driving badly, but everyone is the bad driver

The locals are very friendly, well at least the once I have meet or had to talk to them, no problem there, I think it is because they think I am American

Did I mention they have a mall, known as the Avenues, which is 1.3 kilometers long?  They started extending it, because you know... Shopping is important......

All and all, if you have a job offer in Kuwait, take it, do it for a few years, invest a lot of money and move on to something better

Expat.com ask me to share my experience in Kuwait, that pretty much sums it up, I have been living here for almost 3 years now

Love it or leave it mate,,I think from the way you write it, seems you love it mate
Good luck

I have the same views as you.. Been living in kuwait for 4 years, i just love that i Get to have close friends here. everyone's priority is work , earning money... Just have to endure the downside of working here..

Kuwait is more suitable for a family life

I have to agree, it seems more suitable for families, currently trying to get myself a job in Ireland, no luck yet tho