New in kuwait, and it's so borking here without friends :(

Hello everyone,
I'm newly married and i'm newly moved kuwait, well i moved here from around 6 months but i have no social activities other than my work!
so any ideas about what to do in this country and how to meet new friends?

thanks in advance for anyone who reply my post

:) Regards,

eat - sleep - gyM !

if you werent married i could help :)
kidding. this is the most difficult place I have ever tried to make a social life. been here 2n half yrs and it has not got any better.
Even sites like this seem to be a waste of time.
u.zair is right...eat, sleep, gym and travel, although thats probably difficult for you being married.
good luck.

its too difficult to find like minded people,i hardly find any one interested so finding a like minded person is way too far.

Too bad you are in Salmiya (or that I'm in Mangaf). Our dogs sure would have some fun meeting each other :)

Scubaman wrote:

Even sites like this seem to be a waste of time.

That's why we need sites like this. To waste some time. And hey, i'm not married. That's not my real picture here. :joking: Kidding :joking: I have one time waster already - my dog.

Regards to all dog lovers & owners :top: and good nerves while walking them on streets of kuwait :dumbom:!

Aline i'm sure you will find good people right here on this site:).

I have bad news and I have good news for you which one you want first?

hey all thanks for your sweet reply

I like the joke about your photo lara_y hehehe

Nicole, anytime you find yourself near of salmiya notify me ;)

Scubman  & U.zair = i already do eat sleep and gym and wasting time in every way i can find

Ace= I agree
Moe = Donno is it a game you playing? umm just shoot it both lol

Yeah Moe just spill the news we are curious:D

Welcome on Expat-blog Aline_SAY

if you are in salmiya you could go for jogging in salmiya park or beach it can be a nice activity at evenings

and you may find me there ;)

I got here a month ago and I do the eat, sleep, work, gym thing. It does get boring though

with all due to respect to everyone, ya'll are just sittin @ home waiting for life to come and find you, you gotta be proactive, and being proactive does not include going onto a site, saying i am bored, and waiting for something to happen.

so far it seems everyone is into some form of sport, walking or the other, arrange a meeting, do something, say something. maybe no one will show up the first time, maybe one person will, maybe more. u'll never know until you try.

forget waiting for someone to come and say "party's over here!", make your own, then maybe it wont be so boring after all :)

photography is a good ice-breaker too, just the other day i was on the corniche near the scientific center @ 1am and i counted like 4 or 5 groups of photographers, a dozen groups of fishermen.

how about we go fishing? nothing fancy, no boat rentals or anything, head on over to the sultan center, pick up some line, hooks, bait etc. and make a afternoon of it.

then we can either cook what we caught (or just throw it back, whatever) and go for coffee or a burger.

there, thats being proactive.

wow... now thats being proactive.

legacy- yeah,it will be awesome.

legacy...you talk exactly like my husband, and yes surly you are right.
but from my point of view: i ve tried to contact many women and girls on many blogs and facebook it didnt work even one of them i prepared to meet her one day, in the same day she msg me saying she is A MAN! haha OMG
anyway u guys can hang out and speak to anyone in anything anywhere, but me as woman, i can't. and even if i did, i wont get any answer or welcome from the other side. i do many activities with my husband i didn't meet any other couple and single girls here don't like to hang out with married woman or with couple! so im confused what to do i don't know!
VERY difficult to get friends here.
:(

lol, i'll take that as a compliment :)

from a ladies stand-point, yes, you are right. its difficult to meet one-on-one, or even ladies groups, coz of the stigma of guys posing as girls to pick up girls online.

most married gals suffice by meeting their husbands friends wives, u could start there.

heres what i suggest: join any ladies only clubs :)

for example, deniz has a belly-dance class for ladies only, so u can be sure that no guys will lurk there (maybe outside tho :P)

the rugby scene has a ladies team, if ur into that type of sport.
and even if ur not, its good exercise, and u meet different people (mostly teachers tho, be warned).

aline,ur rite,its hard to find any good personality

legacy so when are we having the fishing.

waitin on ur call ace ;)
im game this weekend, never fished in my life, so should be a good experience

let me see if i am available this week and let you kno

Legacy- I've never really fished either but I'd give it a go.  We would have to rent a boat right?  And could we rent poles too?  Where would we get the bait?  If we're going to do this we should find all of this out in advance.

Hi,
I'm Lucylulu...i've been in kuwait 3 yrs and i still think the place is boring and i now have some friends....what are u interested in...do u have kids....would u like to meet? we can go for coffee...
I am also married, i am a south african woman married to a kuwaiti else there would be now ways i would be here...

:/

Hi everyone..Lucylulu, newbie on this blog/chat site... 
frm South Africa, been here for 3yrs, find kuwait boring after being all over mother Africa...the best place on earth!!! and some other places, but my heart is in africa...

hey lucy, add me :) yes why not we can meet :)

and no i don't have kids, just a small dog heheh she still puppy :)

that all sounds cool what u are saying about doing things, i used to have a hectic work schedule and social life in saudi, i never had a moment to get bored, lazy or anything...so thats why i am suffering being a house wife here, just nearly married...thats why i find it boring, but i have lots of fun walking and playing with my dog, a small pomerainan cross on the beach and we walk alot sometimes frm Maydan hawally to the 3 towers or to marina mall and we meet lots o nice people along the way...
But i also know about people cancelling on u, there is something about people not wanting to keep appointment or about keeping time here in the middle east its like a bug...in africa we have africa time which means things are slow and u get to accept it.. well in most places, it drove me made when i 1st left SA

Does anyone know how one can get a moroccan friend to visit when u yourself are and expatriate here in Kuwait...what can u tell me fellow Moroccans???? any advice to get my friend here????

Great we can puppy walk together when will u be free?

sorry lost u for a while...my face book page is Michelle Vd Merwe if u want to add me as a friend, im looking for friends with dogs as then i know we have the same interests and my dog will be welcome and so will yrs...as i have a problem as my husbands muslim family and friends all feel dogs are haram...
where r u frm???
how old r u if i may ask??

have to go cook, my husband will be home soon, if u want to meet up...send me a msg on FB...with yr name frm here and yr real name as well pls and i'm a girl for sure i'm 44 and married....

Hey i dont care if u guys are single and i am married if we can get together and our dogs can meet, then i'm ready to do that as my child(my dog) needs doggie playmates...i want friends, i'm not worried if u are male or female- friendship never hurt anyone...
my dog is my first priority he also needs a social life....
and Nicole we can make a plan to meet half way or something and then our dogs can meet, well its up to u....

legacy how to activate this log in my BB

Does legacy have a job or does he just sit on Expat.com giving advice all day?

Hi everybody,
I think that you are a little off topic. Please concentrate on the initial subject.

Thanks,
Harmonie.

and i'm 26 years old..

hey lulu i added u on fb my name is Aline (french name) you spell in in english ALEEN 

yes you and your dog are welcome, i am from lebanon, but in my profile picture show my dog that i left in lebanon (she is Maltese), but here in Kuwait i have a japanese spidz white she is still puppy > 3 months old only 
well i don't know if there is too much things to do here in kuwait, for me  im still don't have too much to do, even i work, but at the end of the day i find myself laying on the sofa! than preparing food than feeding my dog, play lil bit than zzzzzz sleeping! boring life here pff, but im happy im going to lebanon at the end of this month for vacation ! hardly can wait

hi all
we are new in this blog
hand sure everybody have the same feeling "bored"

so lets arrange something, we can invite some for our house or for hang out, with other couples

It's Bornig here specially in weekends.The main problem is the weather ,in this heat you can't do anything even at evening is hard to go out.

ya, weather its always bad, but we can fix something indoor not outdoor

lol

been here for more than four months now, and i am running out of activities to do :( what gym do you go to? all i see are gyms for men.

Welcome on board Sasa.