Divorce In Egypt!!

Hi, I just thought I'd post a reply on this forum in case anyone needs the help. I finally got my divorce. I found a decent and very kind lawyer in Egypt who completed the process for me. I had to attend the family court to verbally confirm I wanted the divorce and the reason for the divorce. The lawyer dealt with most of the paperwork and I only had to attend the court on one occasion to confirm my reasons for divorce then on a second occasion to meet with psychology professional women to advise my reasons and for them to confirm I was of sound mind to make this decision. It took around six months start to finish but it was completed and finalised and recognised by the UK embassy in Cairo. If anyone wants to ask any questions or know anything more please send me a pm. Really hope this helps at least one person as it is hard to find someone who isn't looking to rip you off or find accurate information on this.

If a foreigner (woman) who's married to an Egyptian man want to divorce her husband, would she still keep her nationality with Egypt? She's got Egyptian passport and identity card already through the marriage. So I need to know if divorcing her spouse would jeopardize her naturalization. I need to know her chances..

Thank you!

Thank you for posting the success story.... I want to inquire if divorcing an Egyptian by a foreign woman would lead to her loosing her citizenship. Already, she has ID card and international passport through marriage to this Egyptian man. Would she loose everything is she divorce the Egyptian?

Thank you!

Hi I  would like to chat with you and get more information about divorcing and Egypt. can you please send me your contact details

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Need more details,does she have a residence Viza based in marriage or based on work or buisness,
Anyway every case is different,

Anyone wanting info if you can send me a pm as I don't want to post too much info publicly. Thanks

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no external link + no free ads
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi. I have question about divorce. If a married couple doesn't live with each other for few years (around 10), they are separated is that mean that they are divorced? Or maybe they still have to go for those legal papers?

Must go for the legal papers.
On the other hand, proofing they were seperated - through witnesses - for 10 years will surely help them in speeding up the process.

if you mean in egypt , then they have to proceed to legal divorce .....

If it's legal marrige at justice dept, they should go through court.
If it's Orfi non legalized contract, you can deny it.

It differs from case to another.
All can be drifted into your benifits of getting married to another.
I'll be waiting for your question on private message as discussed before.
No worries.

Why you divorced from Egyptian

Doesn't matter how long they are separate it must be done by legal documents to be officially divorced and then the X husband should give her a monthly amount of money plus if they got kids he pay extra.
So once again it must be official.
But to be honest i never heard about egyptian couple stayed that long without getting divorce.. sounds weird. I'm sorry

I am an American seeking to divorce my husband who is a egyptian citizen. I was told by lawyers in egypt i must fly over and do divorce there. This is highly dangerous for me because i found out my husband just married me for papers. He will lie about anything.  He is angry i canceled his papers. So i want to file feom the usa. How do i go about doing this and what is the process? Been married almost 4 years only been in person 40 days .been separated for over three years. Help. I want this situition out of my life. He also refuses to speak to me about anything and has blocked me from doing so. I mean doesnt he want to go on with his life just like me? He cant come here so what benefit does he have staying married to me?

If you're married in the states you simply can divorce him there.

If you are married in Egypt, you can also divorce him in Abdeen office through “Kholaa” - they made it much easier for foreigner wives who want to divorce their Egyptian husbands.

Please let me know if needed more info.

Good luck

Hi
Please let us know more information. Eg. How much did yr lawyer charge you and where is he?  I know many women who are suffering this complaint and find it difficult to find a lawyer who does not take advantage of them with money

Foreigner ladies don't need to go through all the divorce hastle in Egypt, they don't even need a lawyer!

All she need to do is to go to the Civil Affaires Office in Abdeen and file for “Kholaa”  and she will get a divorce much sooner than she expect.

I was told i can file divorce from usa. But it would be hard to locate husband to serve papers. My lawyer said i could serve him through publication of newspaper. How would i go about putting a publication in the newspapers in cairo.? Once i do that and judge sees i have tried to contact he will give me my divorce

I guess so, but I think you need to hire an attorney to do it for you.

well if you have an active and experienced lawyer, he will manage to do the right process and he will obtain the divorce certificate fast and get positive results.
there are laws to do so and different shortcuts and strategies, each lawyer apply depending on his experience, understanding, and relations and they have different fees acording to their effeicency and brain  :) capacity  :)

I plan on filing divorce myself. I can do it as long as i know all the steps. Filing divorce is easy. The only step i am unclear on how to do is putting a publication of notice in a cairo newspaper. Once i figure out that step its easy. If anyone knows how i can accomplish this step on which i am trying to know how to do it would help me greatly. I have law background and know all steps concerning filing a divorce but that step is hard because my husband is still in cairo and refusing to give me a divorce. It will be hard to serve him papers. So a lublicatiom in the cairo paper will satisfy the judge here.

just call a news papaer and make an add.
good luck

Only one month !??

I dont speak arabic. So how can i just call newspaper in Cairo

What about only one month.??

i just read online to have this the kholaa in islam releasing the woman from her rights, and will owe him money? i already lost so much money

why pray 5 times a day and not fear god? marriage fraud is the biggest haram. i legit am living in hell

kholaa in islam is ; when the woman dont like to continue the marriage , while the man has done no mistakes to her ...
it is different  from divorce .

Leila999 wrote:

i just read online to have this the kholaa in islam releasing the woman from her rights, and will owe him money? i already lost so much money

true that marriage fraud is haram and sin ..........  but in this life , there are devils men and women ............ not all people are angels ........

Leila999 wrote:

why pray 5 times a day and not fear god? marriage fraud is the biggest haram. i legit am living in hell

lol so basically you are saying using a woman for financial gain is ok if you pray. marriage fraud is the biggest haram. please read the quaran a little closer. i have read it in english so lets not play games here. im sorry but if you use someone for a visa..you are a liar, a cheater, a no good person. get a better job, education or do what you must do but using someones heart is NEVER ok. fear allah

THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS! drop the petition. if he used you contact the embassy in cairo. usa protects you and against marriage fraud. i am so sorry you are dealing with this. tell him to fear allah. contact the FBI . ice , border patrol and i would take a little trip to egypt myself to the embassy and let them know EXACTLY what this MF has been up to. he can be thrown in jail for this. IF HE USED YOU may he fear allah that sicko, sharmoot. find an interpreter prior to the trip and help you. they must be fearful of god. marriage fraud is the biggest sin and haram. i feel so sick to hear these stories. FEAR ALLAH to them. i think you must contact fbi immediately

whats his name please....

hello .... was this post directed to my previous post and me ????

Leila999 wrote:

lol so basically you are saying using a woman for financial gain is ok if you pray. marriage fraud is the biggest haram. please read the quaran a little closer. i have read it in english so lets not play games here. im sorry but if you use someone for a visa..you are a liar, a cheater, a no good person. get a better job, education or do what you must do but using someones heart is NEVER ok. fear allah

Hi,

I have a question.... 😊

Reading all this stories I get worried getting married in Egypt, so...here is the question..

If me (ortodox) and my egyptian (muslim) fionce get married in MY country - Serbia, and after we get kids...and God knows for some reason me or him want a divorce, what will happend with kids?

If I understand good- if we get married here kids go to husband.

Thanks in advance.

Uhh...and one more question.😊

How can I check if he was or was not married before?

Thank you.

hello, assalumu alaykum. you cant . this happened to someone i know. she literally had to go to his local court and get the document herself. she fly from her state in united states. muslim men are allowed to have more than one wife and sadly many times dont tell you. i would get copy of his marriage past from court, he will NEVER tell you the truth, sorry

for establish marriage in another country , they will ask him for a 2 official documents .

1) Family registration statement  "بيان قيد عائلي" .
2) Individual registration statement  " بيان قيد فردي" .

the second one , will show all his previous marriages and divorces , and will show if he is now married or not

hard question ..... it can be sometime a problem even if both are egyptians ....... 

it depends on the personalities ....... if they are understanding and want to separate in peaceful way , they arrange that , and discus a future plan .

if not , the court give the custody to mother till age of 14 for girls , and 12 for boys ........ (( i am not sure about the ages ...... that is an old information that i have ... i am not sure if they modified the age or not ))......   I tried only to help and to give you a preliminary answer to your question .

is there any online platform to check marital status? or it is just by requesting a letter via the website? another thing, can it be sent to an international address?

i have a friend who got married but the marriage certificate has open dated at the same time, she is not sure if the ambassador where the marriage was officiated sent the marriage certificate to egypt. cause during the marriage, the ambassador told her that he will only send the certificate once she go to egypt to register. but she didnt go to egypt at all after that.

thank you.