Does Egypt law for adultery apply for expats?

Hello, Im from the US . My family will soon be moving to egypt. My husband has been in Egypt for a couple of months for work. He was back to see us for the holidays when I found out he is having an affair. And he is planning to marry another woman from egypt (not sure if egyptian woman or from other foriegn country) My question is: If they can really get married even though my husband is already married in the US and he is not muslim. Does Egypt law for adultery apply for Christian expats living in egypt (what is the punishment) or only for egyptians?

Thank you, I look forward for answers.

So, Can women in Egypt have multiple husbands? I know a foreign woman , married and have kids from her home country (Philippines). She came to egypt illegally, got married and had a child for residency purposes (meaning fraud) Converted to Islam. She got her permanent residency and left her second husband without divorce. Now living with 3rd husband (orfi marriage). Just recently she was caught by 3rd husband having an affair with an American (live in maid-live in sexual relationship) for money and was hoping Mr. Sugar Daddy will marry her. Is this kind of activity legal in Egypt?

Given the information in your other post - No hope of any legality in any country, especially as the woman concerned is a serial bigamist (assuming the information you gave is accurate).

I heard about something vert similar before with a lady asking for advice but never giving all the details so she got the wrong information.
This lady was a citizen of both the US and Philippines who went to Egypt to marry a man without all that much thought. He turned out to be violent, possibly attempting to use her to get to the states.
They were married in early 2014 and she returned to the states immediately after marriage, thus leaving him alone in Egypt.
The woman who had a son to another man soon found out she'd married a pretty bad man but it's taken her three years to do nothing about it, even after asking for advice all over the internet.

That woman made, as I said before, the error of not giving full information, that including the religion of the couple involved and mentioning the fact the other woman had converted to Islam in order to marry before.

Assuming she was telling the truth back then, these things will change the nature of any questions she might ask now.

However, all that apart, the answer remains all is illegal and very foolish.

No, cause there re a million + ways to cheat that law for expats across the cheapest lawyer offices..

Very sorry to hear that! Well, it's a bit complicated to explain, but let me simplify it as much as I possibly can. With the givings you have mentioned above, that your husband is a non-Muslim, and assuming that she is Muslim, then they cannot possibly get married under the Egyptian Shareaa (Islamic law) law, as ONLY Muslim men have the right under the shareaa law to get married to non-Muslims, but not the other way round. The minute he converts into Islam, then he becomes lawfully eligible to marry her, as well as two more women at the same time. Should we only focus the light on adultery, yes any individual is liable to adultery charges in Egypt including expats as long as it's proven against them (basically they have got to be caught red handed to be able to press charges for adultery as far as courts are concerned.)

Hope this is answering your concern.