TACO BELL IS HERE!!

hey so im super excited about finding a TacoBell here in khobar! share my excitement, show it in a reply.

YAY!!!!! TACO BELL !!!!

Never been there .... :shy

Remember to pick up some Imodium ;)

TACO BELL FOR THE WIN! Are you talking about the Taco Bell being built down in Khobar Corniche? I have been waiting for that to open for as long as I can remember! Hopefully they open soon! :D

Maybe now all the stray cats will disapear.

Alon Injed wrote:

Maybe now all the stray cats will disapear.

Ha ha, grim :unsure

It hasnt opened yet has it?

No bro, I am afraid not. I have been watching their renovation of the restaurant in Khobar Corniche for ages now, but I think they still got about 2-3 months to go judging by the look of it. Hey! I got a great idea! Why don't we all fellow expat-bloggers here create a meet up in Taco Bell for all of us to meet and share ideas?! What do you guys think??

Great Idel Paul.. but let it open up first. :P
because the fat burger has been "coming soon" for ages now.. :D

Hahaha true that! I actually know the manager of Fat Burger and they have been waiting to open for more than a year now, the problem was they had no trained staff so their employees had to go thru training in Bahrain first and they are actually open now but only to the owner's families and relatives first so I am sure they will be open to public soon! Hahaha

Went to Corniche 1st time Thursday. Saw Taco Belch and did a happy dance. Waiting..... Not sure if the stray cats will disappear. think Tacos will come with one hump or two?

Its now open in Riyadh at kingdome tower mall and there is another branch also on king fahad street next to pizza hut

@Creative85: How far is Riyadh from Khobar? Bet it's more than 75k which is how far I am from Khobar. Oh right: 415k. I can wait.
:-D

Abqaiq is 345 KM away from Riyadh, you can visit it on weekend I guess
There is a new train by the way between abqaiq and Riyadh. Using the train  you can reach Riyadh in less than 2 hour and half

Riyadh to Khobar: 401 km
Riyadh to Abqiq: 343 km
Abqiq to Khobar: 88 km

im very much excited to eat in TACO BELL....I ask my husband to drop us there last day but still not open....super sad....I hope it will open super soooonnn...:-(

Their potato cuddlers and fajitas better be good!.. as opposed to all international food chains with local versions here that sucks..

It upsets me when people here refer to these fast food chains as 'American restaurants' :sosad:

Alliecat wrote:

It upsets me when people here refer to these fast food chains as 'American restaurants' :sosad:

Take it easy... Logically speaking, a restaurant can be defined as a place in which people get food served and since these chains came from US it makes sense to define them that way, even if the "Kcal-bombs" you get in there are barely edible LOL. Maybe if someone bring good ones people would know the difference.

And as a matter of fact, I find taco shells a "crime against humanity" :P

oohhh yummy!

Alliecat wrote:

it is indeed sad, but thats unfortunately the only piece of Americana people see out here! conglomorates have ruined american cuisine by placing their kentacohuts and BigMcBurgerkings in every city street corner of the world!

come to think of it, what dish is actually considered as American other than BBQ? all other items are overtaken by fast food brands which are franchised the crap out of!!

:|:|:|:|:|:cool:

can't wait any longer.. :(

borntobemild wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

it is indeed sad, but thats unfortunately the only piece of Americana people see out here! conglomorates have ruined american cuisine by placing their kentacohuts and BigMcBurgerkings in every city street corner of the world!

come to think of it, what dish is actually considered as American other than BBQ? all other items are overtaken by fast food brands which are franchised the crap out of!!

Cajun?

Its open folks! :D

gashead wrote:
borntobemild wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Cajun?

cajun is french.....isnt it?

Its open and its great!!! Just about going there....

borntobemild wrote:
gashead wrote:
borntobemild wrote:

Cajun?

Nah, it's Louisiana style!  Like gumbo and jumbalaya. Blackened meats and fish.  Ever hear of Chef Paul Prudhomme?  Famous Cajun chef.  You can check out some of his recipes here:

http://www.chefpaul.com/recipes

Alliecat wrote:
borntobemild wrote:
gashead wrote:

Cajun?

Nah, it's Louisiana style!  Like gumbo and jumbalaya. Blackened meats and fish.  Ever hear of Chef Paul Prudhomme?  Famous Cajun chef.  You can check out some of his recipes here:

yeah its Louisiana which itself is influenced by french cuisine.
no i haven't heard of pridhomme but i did eat at Bobby Flay's restaurant which was pretty much all cajun.

borntobemild wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
borntobemild wrote:

yeah its Louisiana which itself is influenced by french cuisine.
no i haven't heard of pridhomme but i did eat at Bobby Flay's restaurant which was pretty much all cajun.

The cajuns were originally French Canadians who migrated.  Cajun food--which is ususally very spicy and makes use of local Louisiana ingredients like crawldaddies (!)--is totally different from French cruisine which isn't at all spicy and which is oftentimes dependent on rich, heavy sauces (like Bearnaise).

I've sure heard of Bobby Flay's but never ate there.

to answer your previous question, yes i have had crawfish jambalaya. had it while my group went down to the super dome to volunteer to help the families rebuild their homes affected by the broken levy a few years back.

P.S. taco bell here is sooo over priced and not prepared well. i am talking about 2dollar soft tacos (used to get 3 for 2dollars back home) which they might aswell name Soggy-Tacos!

the only good thing was that the empenada's were just as good as the last time i had one!

deep fried cardiac arrest....just the way i like it!