Re: Query

I just met a wonderful guy from Jordan through the internet. He is so sweet that i am falling in love with him; he says he would visit me anytime since he gets free airline tickects from Jordanian airlines and about 90% less in other foriegn airlines being a former airline staff. Now he is into business with his family; I would like to know if this is true. That former airline staff can get free airline tickects to any destination around the globe. Hoping I could get some answers from you guys, thanks:)

Hi beatriceg and welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe you should tell what type of position he had in that company.

Regards
Armand

He said he was a former airline pilot.

I don't have the information but hope that someone on the forum will be able to tell you.

Good luck
Armand

Fairly typical. One free trip a year after you retire, first class if you are sufficiently senior in the company. 90% discount off fares whilever you work for the airline. Subload though (i.e. you can be offloaded anywhere along the route if a paying passanger wants your seat). If you resign (as opposed to retire) though, you usuually lose these kinds of benefits. If you are under a certain age though,a nd have one or more parents who work for the airline, you may still get privileges through being their son/daughter rather than any former employment status. Some airlines allow this up to around the age of 26.