10 Reasons WHY to Just Go For it (Marry a JORDANIAN Guy)

1. Because he's HOT--and He's GENEROUS!

2. Because when he loves you, he loves you COMPLETELY and FOREVER

3. Because when he adores you, he will lift you up onto a pedestal and treat you like a queen

4. Because he doesn't believe in adultry and cheating

5. Because he will protect you entirely and in every way possible! Along with his entire TRIBE!!!

6. Because he will work hard and do his best to take care of you in sickness and in health

7. Because he has a sense of dignity and honor and self-respect, and that is a virtue.

8. Because he knows how to cook and clean!

9. Because he can get his way through any Jordanian Desert and show you the art of survival!

10.Because he has a golden, one-of-a-kind character, that you won't find hardly ANYWHERE else in the world! THIS I PROMISE!

+ BONUS::: BECAUSE HE HATES TO MAKE YOU MAD! AND CANNOT FUNCTION PROPERLY UNLESS YOU'RE HAPPY!

BEWARE!! THESE 10 only apply to certain JORDANIANS of the Original Jordanian Tribes!!!! (Arab Bedouins) -BUT ALSO KNOW THAT THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED! SO BE SMART  AND USE YOUR COMMON SENSE

what an observation? Great going... hope u have found one

I got me one, and he's just my EVERYTHING--my eyes, my arms, my soul, my mind, my heart, my life!!! And he's soooo hot too..I caught him when he was single and when all his cousins and second cousins were wanting to marry him, and then we found each other and fell head over heals in LOVE!

Lucky one....

NOT U but him

I agree with this

Thanks you FouadsBaby,We are "Jordanian Men" we miss romance in our life,few have married their first love or someone they had romantic relationship with..We are so busy working hard to get the house and the car then we get married,buy the time we are ready to get married,Romance would be gone.soo if meet someone that can wait for the car and the house some who wants to be with u because u are u,then of course we would show them romance,love and support ..Thanks you again FouadBaby ,if u have a sister let me know :)

i am an only child..and both my parents have passed away unfortunately.

I wish I could change my circumstances and go back to Jordan to be with my dear Husband Fouad. I wish that romance was enough to make a couple survive....

Soon enough u will be with Foud and u will start new life together,my advise to him and to u,do everything quietly,He dose not have to tell people around about his plans.
Good Luck

hi i wish i can find wife like you if you find someone like you just let her add me
[email protected]

strong79 wrote:

hi i wish i can find wife like you if you find someone like you just let her add me
[email protected]

Strong, this is not the subject of the topic and BTW Expat.com is not a dating site. You might eventually insert an add in Jordan's Classifieds -> Man seeking woman.

Kalamir, Expat.com is not a matrimonial website; kindly refrain from posting this type of messages. Thanks.

wow!!
you're in deep love with a jordanian guy!
i guess~~

Jordany wrote:

wow!!
you're in deep love with a jordanian guy!
i guess~~

Yes I am very much, and he's not just a Jordanian guy, but he's my husband and my soul partner.

oh wow!! I am a Jordanian woman from a well-known decent tribe and i have to admit, they are the best :)

lol thats all i have to say!

Shall I come back to Jordan ?

I don't really agree >_> Most Jordanian men are mama's boys, living in their parents' houses well into their thirties. (That is based on my observations) If you can't really find many girls here that will cook, good luck finding a guy that cooks, and cleans. He will never help out, most Jordanian men are lazy when it comes to helping out in the house. He'll come back after a long day at work, lay down on the couch and expect dinner. He will surely love you at first, but after time passes he will become colder. Divorce? No, of course, he cares too much about what society, and his family will think.

They may appear to be that at first (specially towards foreign women) but as time passes his 'charm' will be dialed down.

P.S: Stereotyping is bad, isn't it? Take every person as an individual, and do not identify a whole population on one person's traits. All people are different :/

I second that lyardanetz!

lyardenetz, I agree with your conclusions. Not just Jordanian men though but Arab men in general. Their number one priority, from what I can see is Don't Get Bored!

I think the ones with a Bedouin background, like my husband, do know how to cook. They learn from the men in their families though, not the women. Meat dishes, like kofta and mansaf, seem to be their speciality in my family-in-law. And any excuse! New borns (which they really get into celebrating, which I thought was quite touching), weddings, religious festivals, you name it, mansaf is on the menu. Give me magloobah any day of the week instead.

But looking after children, household things like cleaning and day to day management, daytime things in general unless it's work, seem to bore them quickly.

What I found living there was that even within the family, there are two parallel worlds - the society of men and the one of women. And, for all you as a foreigner may pass between the two, to me they are quite different worlds and not really coinciding. It reminds me more of my grandma and great grandma's lives here in the west, where they stayed at home, would never have dreamt of working outside the home, looked down on women who weren't married, staying at home with children. A world where men hardly never cooked, were always out, never did household cleaning, and were restricted for friendship purposes to their spouse, their own blood brothers and their father, uncles and grandfathers.

@deb568....yes it is like our great grandparents time...but i think it was better that way. the family structure was more strong & less divorce. now days in USA the family structure is not important to people & kids do not even respect their own parents. I think the way people in USA r raised is wrong & it leads to a life of destruction. Alhamdulillah i am Muslim now & i am raising my kids with better morals. The Arab culture is the best way to raise the kids :)

anyhow, Foudsbaby i admire u for loving ur husband so much. i hope ur husband realizes how luck he is that u dont care about big mahr, fancy house, or money. I also married my husband & he had nothing & I was the one working and paying all the expenses. unfortunately we been separated now for almost 2 yrs & he is in his country.
Only Allah knows what will happen in the future. Yes I think it's great to marry an Arab (muslim) man. But sometimes they take advantage of us American converts because we are not materialistic like most Arab women & we will marry them without asking big mahr. but maybe some of them do not appreciate it. but some of them is real good & do appreciate it. Insha Allah, Allah bless your marriage & give you plenty of ajar.

Errm what are Jordanian women like to marry?

It's quite funny the description of that loving Jordanian man is me and I'm British lol. Thanks to God I've been married for almost 6 years and I'm still like that and so's my wife (she's Spanish-revert)...

Curious to know what the Jordanian women are like? Anyone elaborate?

Thanks
Adil

Thank you for this wonderful post.  I know it has been a while but it is so beautiful to see someone put into words how wonderful the men here can be.  I am married to the most perfect man for ME that there can be.  I can never thank God enough.  BTW - He cooks everyday!  The honesty and respect that we both share for each other is wonderful and I wouldn't give that up for all the money in the world.  He is exactly what every American woman DREAMS of!

Wow! Lol! Hope u feel the same way after a few year go by!

I don't really agree >_> Most Jordanian men are mama's boys, living in their parents' houses well into their thirties. (That is based on my observations) If you can't really find many girls here that will cook, good luck finding a guy that cooks, and cleans. He will never help out, most Jordanian men are lazy when it comes to helping out in the house. He'll come back after a long day at work, lay down on the couch and expect dinner. He will surely love you at first, but after time passes he will become colder. Divorce? No, of course, he cares too much about what society, and his family will think.

They may appear to be that at first (specially towards foreign women) but as time passes his 'charm' will be dialed down.

P.S: Stereotyping is bad, isn't it? Take every person as an individual, and do not identify a whole population on one person's traits. All people are different

I quite Agree with you Lyardanetz,,,but anyway Ms.FouadBaby,,you are the Most Luckiest Lady...wish you Luck :)

Exactly how long have you been married to an Arab and how many other arabs do you know? I can give you 10 reasons why this post title is a naive statement. I agree with the less fairytale statements but only to a point; its not ALL that bad, guys. Relax :D

1. Because he's HOT--and He's GENEROUS!(Just like anywhere else, some are gorgeous, some have been beaten with the ugly stick. Girls, don't go for looks alone! Generous he is, as well as generous with his opinion and what you might consider personal, private information, like the fight you had with him at home yesterday, is perfectly acceptable to tell your in-laws)

2. Because when he loves you, he loves you COMPLETELY and FOREVER (Subjective. Often our western definition of love and devotion are a lot different from theirs. You might think a rose everyday is a show of love; he thinks asking his Mom for advice on how to improve YOUR kebsa recipe though you think its fine is love)

3. Because when he adores you, he will lift you up onto a pedestal and treat you like a queen. (You are the Queen, his mother is the Empress and whatever the Empress decrees trumps what the Queen wants.Nearly ALWAYS. Mother is God in the eyes of a child, especially Arab male children, who are raised to put Mommy on a much higher pedestal than yours, no matter what. Lots of wives can't take that)

4. Because he doesn't believe in adultery and cheating. (No he really doesn't, but be damned sure he thinks you do, even a little bit. And so does that tribe you mention next. Also, why cheat when it is your Islamic right to marry 3 more women? Did you know unless you have a solid reason for him not to marry that other chic, he doesn't necessarily have to have your approval? All he needs is a fatwa from the local sheikh)

5. Because he will protect you entirely and in every way possible! Along with his entire TRIBE!!! ( Yes he will, oftentimes in ways you think are cute at first, and then get progressively annoying as time goes by. Like when walking down a street, he'll shuffle you to the side of the walk that doesn't give men a view of you, or go so far as to cross the street, leave the restaurant, or suggest staying in for the night. As for his tribe, they are protecting him to protect their name, not you, remember that. You are American/British/etc and you will be trash-talked till the day you die.)

6. Because he will work hard and do his best to take care of you in sickness and in health. (Or get someone else to; mostly true, however)

7. Because he has a sense of dignity and honor and self-respect, and that is a virtue. (Just like all men, he has a weak ego. Tread carefully. Be easy on criticizing him or anything he does or says, be careful correcting him or worst...disagreeing with his Mom.)

8. Because he knows how to cook and clean! (Kind of, if eggs and shorabat maggi count as cooking. Cleaning only if his Mom encouraged it; if she was the slave-housewife, then he can't even do his own laundry. Utterly helpless)

9. Because he can get his way through any Jordanian Desert and show you the art of survival! (There's only one. And if we think that using a porcelain hole in the ground as a toilet, showering with a small amount of water, and subsisting on hummus for food is survival, then yes he can. But you gotta have a farm boy for the rest :D)

10.Because he has a golden, one-of-a-kind character, that you won't find hardly ANYWHERE else in the world! THIS I PROMISE! (Actually, I've found them all over. :D )

+ BONUS::: BECAUSE HE HATES TO MAKE YOU MAD! AND CANNOT FUNCTION PROPERLY UNLESS YOU'RE HAPPY! (True dat, he hates making you mad because he hates swearing, hates it when you're angry in front of people or his family or in public or at night or in the morning or during prayer.....)

BEWARE!! THESE 10 only apply to certain JORDANIANS of the Original Jordanian Tribes!!!! (Kind of racist, isn't that?) (Arab Bedouins) -BUT ALSO KNOW THAT THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED! SO BE SMART AND USE YOUR COMMON SENSE. (Also, love always trumps common sense. Why the hell else would all of us have married Arabs? LOL!)

NouraAlkhazaleh wrote:

Exactly how long have you been married to an Arab and how many other arabs do you know? I can give you 10 reasons why this post title is a naive statement. I agree with the less fairytale statements but only to a point; its not ALL that bad, guys. Relax :D

1. Because he's HOT--and He's GENEROUS!(Just like anywhere else, some are gorgeous, some have been beaten with the ugly stick. Girls, don't go for looks alone! Generous he is, as well as generous with his opinion and what you might consider personal, private information, like the fight you had with him at home yesterday, is perfectly acceptable to tell your in-laws)

2. Because when he loves you, he loves you COMPLETELY and FOREVER (Subjective. Often our western definition of love and devotion are a lot different from theirs. You might think a rose everyday is a show of love; he thinks asking his Mom for advice on how to improve YOUR kebsa recipe though you think its fine is love)

3. Because when he adores you, he will lift you up onto a pedestal and treat you like a queen. (You are the Queen, his mother is the Empress and whatever the Empress decrees trumps what the Queen wants.Nearly ALWAYS. Mother is God in the eyes of a child, especially Arab male children, who are raised to put Mommy on a much higher pedestal than yours, no matter what. Lots of wives can't take that)

4. Because he doesn't believe in adultery and cheating. (No he really doesn't, but be damned sure he thinks you do, even a little bit. And so does that tribe you mention next. Also, why cheat when it is your Islamic right to marry 3 more women? Did you know unless you have a solid reason for him not to marry that other chic, he doesn't necessarily have to have your approval? All he needs is a fatwa from the local sheikh)

5. Because he will protect you entirely and in every way possible! Along with his entire TRIBE!!! ( Yes he will, oftentimes in ways you think are cute at first, and then get progressively annoying as time goes by. Like when walking down a street, he'll shuffle you to the side of the walk that doesn't give men a view of you, or go so far as to cross the street, leave the restaurant, or suggest staying in for the night. As for his tribe, they are protecting him to protect their name, not you, remember that. You are American/British/etc and you will be trash-talked till the day you die.)

6. Because he will work hard and do his best to take care of you in sickness and in health. (Or get someone else to; mostly true, however)

7. Because he has a sense of dignity and honor and self-respect, and that is a virtue. (Just like all men, he has a weak ego. Tread carefully. Be easy on criticizing him or anything he does or says, be careful correcting him or worst...disagreeing with his Mom.)

8. Because he knows how to cook and clean! (Kind of, if eggs and shorabat maggi count as cooking. Cleaning only if his Mom encouraged it; if she was the slave-housewife, then he can't even do his own laundry. Utterly helpless)

9. Because he can get his way through any Jordanian Desert and show you the art of survival! (There's only one. And if we think that using a porcelain hole in the ground as a toilet, showering with a small amount of water, and subsisting on hummus for food is survival, then yes he can. But you gotta have a farm boy for the rest :D)

10.Because he has a golden, one-of-a-kind character, that you won't find hardly ANYWHERE else in the world! THIS I PROMISE! (Actually, I've found them all over. :D )

+ BONUS::: BECAUSE HE HATES TO MAKE YOU MAD! AND CANNOT FUNCTION PROPERLY UNLESS YOU'RE HAPPY! (True dat, he hates making you mad because he hates swearing, hates it when you're angry in front of people or his family or in public or at night or in the morning or during prayer.....)

BEWARE!! THESE 10 only apply to certain JORDANIANS of the Original Jordanian Tribes!!!! (Kind of racist, isn't that?) (Arab Bedouins) -BUT ALSO KNOW THAT THERE ARE ALWAYS EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE MENTIONED! SO BE SMART AND USE YOUR COMMON SENSE. (Also, love always trumps common sense. Why the hell else would all of us have married Arabs? LOL!)

Yes, I know the post is very old, but I'm bumping it because it's excellent!

To the original author: I would love to know you are doing with your Jordanian husband?  I too am in love with a Bedouin man... he has ALL the same characteristics you described.

Did the two of you marry in Jordan?  I am planning to visit in 4 or 5 months and I have no idea what to expect.   Our plan is to marry while I am there... what can I expect from that?  I will only be there for two weeks so it seems like so much to plan in such a short time.

This is American men as well

I am also curious to know the same thing. Wonder if she is still on here?

:whistle: Seriously how nieve can you get? My husband is Jordanian ( married 6 years) I'm 39 and he's 30. he's awesome but being in an inter cultural relationship takes some getting used to. Even we have 2 kids were still learning together.

You could not get married in 2 weeks it takes longer than that to get the marriage paperwork ready..

This was great wasn't it lol
It's so true
:lol:

I am a Western woman soon to return to Jordan to marry a Jordanian Bedoiun man. I was in Jordan recently and lived a lot of my time with his family. He and brothers in seperate quarters. It was a wonderful experience but certainly not without challenges. He and I saw each other at our best and our worst. It will not all be a bed of roses and compromises will need to be made on both sides. Eventually we will return to my country but not immediately. I hope for the best but not perfection. An experience yes. I have converted to Muslim of my own accord so one hurdle down.

SON

Sunset please update us how things go. I will go soon also to Amman and get married. I am very nervous what the process will be for documents and what I need to bring from here so things go smoothly. Thanks!

i agree with u Iyardanetz , but about living with mom i can say u dont know the reason here... im trying to leave the house and rent a room for me , but as long as im a single guy no one would let me to rent ... it's very hard to find a room for a single man in this community ... even if i find one it will be very expensive and the owner will keep me under control ...as a single man if u need to rent and live as a normal guy u have to leave the country...

Hello,

I am marrying this week and I will let you know.

Sunset

me too getting married in the summer, but I already know him for 3 years and he been with me at my worst and the best. This January we just got engaged

thats not true.....

Hahaha. :( I've met one online. He was a catfish first identifying as a "Russian."

And then turned out he is actually Jordanian

I still fell in love with him—I must say, I fell for him deeper. Ever since, he don't want me to get attached. He always tries not to hurt my delicate heart and mind.

But tooo, too unfortunate of me. I really fell hard and asked him about our future. He said we can't be lovers in real life because of religion and strict marriage arrangements of his parents. He said he is only relishing the remaining years of his freedom before gets into the arrange marriage.

To me, he is my soulmate and it breaks me into pieces.

Hahaha. :( I've met one online. He was a catfish first identifying as a "Russian." I fell for him since day one.

And then turned out he is actually Jordanian.

I still fell in love with him—I must say, I fell for him deeper. Ever since, he don't want me to get attached. He always tries not to hurt my delicate heart and mind.

But tooo, too unfortunate of me. I really fell hard and asked him about our future. He said we can't be lovers in real life because of religion and strict marriage arrangements of his parents. He said he is only relishing the remaining years of his freedom before gets into the arrange marriage.

To me, he is my soulmate and it breaks me into pieces.

Hello everyone,

Please note that this is an old thread and we are a website dedicated to expatriation.

I would recommend members to share about their expat projects on the forum and not about their personal sentimental issues.

This is private and should remain private maybe talk to your friends and family members. We are on an open forum, so many people are reading you.

Regards,

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed