Emergency: Housing Needed Immediately

Please help!  I am flying into Asuncion on Wednesday, 24 August.  I had an apartment lined up for me and my cat, but the landlord told me today that they rented it out from under me.  Now we are screwed!  We are homeless.  My cat is already feeling the trauma from hours of traveling.  I speak very little Spanish and don't know the first thing about finding a place to live in PY. 

We need:  either a reasonable hotel or a room in someone's home temporarily.  Longterm we need an apartment or house (preferably with utilities and internet included) safe from heavy traffic so my cat doesn't get killed on the road.  I don't have to be in Asuncion, but I will need to be fairly close in order to complete my visa paperwork.  (Since I don't have a cedula yet, I need accommodations that don't require one.)

If you are willing to translate for me to line something up, I will pay you for your time.

Can someone please help us?  We're out on a limb.

Hi 9thWave!

Have you tried Paraguay classifieds?
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Hello,
you can pass me your Skype contact details and explain me what you look for, price range, etc

there are classified adds in local newspappers that i could look at for you.

best,

jose

I have tried the Paraguay classifieds mentioned by Armand above.  There are no rentals listed and there have been no replies to the want ad I posted several months ago.

Right now, I am staying in a hotel with my cat, waiting for my flight to Asuncion, which leaves in 2 days.  We are in this situation because the owner of an Apart hotel in Asuncion promised me a room several months ago, then rented it out without bothering to notify me.  I would've given them a deposit to hold the room, but I was told it wasn't necessary.  It took 3 weeks to receive my PY visa.  In that time, the owners rented my room to someone else.  If I hadn't emailed them my arrival date, I wouldn't have known I had no place to live until I showed up on their doorstep.  If they'd just bothered to tell me they were renting the room to someone else, I wouldn't be caught homeless just 2 days before my flight!

They advertise on this forum, so it's probably not appropriate to post their name.  If you send me a PM, I'll tell you who it is so you and your friends can avoid getting screwed like me.

We talked to the Hotel El Lapacho and they told us they had been contacted a couple of times for 9th Wave, so believe she has a place to at least initially stay.  Also sounded like a nice place although a little pricey.

hi
capelo.....i will tel my skype id follows

skype id : naveenx2

can u help me to find a room in city and and papers frm paraguay for residency

also pls tel me adress wer frm we will get these documents???
and wer i need to submit??
do u hav any lawyers or any body helping????

Good news!  Thanks to Capelo, Nico, and majbjb, I have found another apartment.  I am deeply grateful for their willingness to make phone calls and help me in my time of need.  You have restored my faith in people.  Thanks also to this forum for making such a miracle possible.