Looking to purchase land 20 - 30 acres or small farm in paraguay

Can anyone help us gain reliable info about buying small acreage in Paraguay with an old house or any kind of dilapidated dwelling.  We would like to purchase and rebuild.  We are wanting to find land cheap, less than 1k per acre,.  I can't seem to find any web sites with reliable info.
I don't know if there are any web sites such as realtor.com that cover the Country of Paraguay?  Or where to look to find a good deal on property.  We have purchased property many times in the USA and almost always the best deal is what you find off the beaten path.    My wife and I are semi-retired and are planning a trip to Paraguay in the next few months i.e. April or may.  Our goal is to eventually move to Paraguay and have a small self sustaining farm.  I know everyone laughs, we both have college degrees and it's our goal.  Thank you very much to anyone who replies.  Lee and Jocelyn.

Clasipar.com is a great way to find land and properties throughout Paraguay.
Life is certainly slower and much more relaxed.

Hi Jocelynlee,

Mybe you should try to contact a real estate agency and ask for more information.
They might be able to guide you.
Here is a small list : https://www.expat.com/en/business/south … al-estate/

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello Lee and Jocelyn,

Congratulations on your decision of moving to Paraguay,

I could be of help to find the right property for you, I've successfully closed over 20 real estate deals and I have many resources to find great deals.

Please send me a private message if you need more information

Best Kind Regards

We are kind of on the same situation but I think the best is to rent a place here first and then do your search. This our suggestion.
Victor and Donna Franco
From Chicago

I was wondering if you are now in Paraguay ...
Victor

I am going to Paraguay by the middle and/or end of January 2017.

Hi. I shall be moving to Paraguay and looking to purchase a property. Maybe you could let me have your contact details. Thanks

I have lived in s. America and i have been a modest,  profitable biz owner and owned & sold undeveloped land.  PLEASE don't arrive and immediately go out and buy a property....especially if just because it fits your pocketbook and your 'dream'..and even more so if you don't speak Spanish ...and maybe don't have reserves

My experience is that 90% of all real estate for sale or rent in LA is not on-line....99% for raw land.  I have investigated only  4 countries in person but they were all about the same thus my opinion.

You will end up in deep despair if not ruin IMHO.   Arrive, rent, live cheap, travel the countryside, learn the language/customs, most of all make some reliable friends...its not a huge country but the challenges for a foreigner just landing make the country huge.  Don't do anything big for 9-12 months.  If you feel you really need something to do....aquire tools (.  that should keep you busy for three months ), find reliable carpenters, a foreman, etc.   You will be th Rich Gringo and they will smack their lips when they see you coming...you need help before you get that far....always have a simple and fair written agreement on anything bigger tha $150 usd equivalent, don't prepay, don't agree to deposits w/o a contract and them signing receipts of payment.... Be polite but business-like. Protect your money and your family with sound judgement.  I made miskakes and learned ....good luck all.

I used to live in the US and 2 years ago moved to Paraguay. 

Did you find what you were looking for?  If not I can suggest some realstate agents that might be able to help.

Regards,

Miguel

I am a US citizen that moved to Paraguay 2 years ago.

I agree with your posting. 

Arrive to Paraguay, rent, learn a lot about the different areas and how things work and then start looking for a property to buy. 

Let me know if I can be of assistance. 

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi there...did you ever find the acreage you were seeking? i'm looking to purchase small acreage as well and any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. if you know of any agencies that have land listed  could you forward it to me.
thank you.
adventurousC

help me find some land to buy . thank you

Well, purchasing land at about 1K per acre may be possible but on towns a bit away from the capital city of major cities in the country.  You should head the advice of those that recommend renting first, getting around the surroundings (i.e. visiting different areas of the country - the Central Department is where people concentrate to live), then making the decision to purchase.   You may not be able to purchase a big piece depending on your budget.  Land is becoming expensive in Paraguay.

xxx

Take care,
Eduardo Garay

Moderated by Sarvesh 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads on the forum + please recommend the realtor in the business directory of the website + post a free ad regarding your property in the housing section of the website.

After greeting:
I am looking for opportunity in order to move in Paraguay like as   buying small acreages.if you achieved your goal .can you help me .i need your export.

have not had any success in purchasing land in paraguay.....about ready to just give up on the idea of relocating there.  wish i could have been of more assistance to you but i cant.
adventurousc

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising of services is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.

I agree with your views in totality

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.

Is it 36 acres or hectares?  I am asking because normally in Paraguay it is expressed in hectares. 
Can please post the location?  If it is not too much trouble. 
Thanks

Thank you for your advise, I've done that... Now available in the housing section of this site...

Dear, I am Thomas from India, I like to visit Paraguay within 6 month, I like to settled also. For that I need to purchase some land for PR processing.
I am not a rich person to waist money, so that I thing , first I need to take visit Visa and study about the situations. And also need better suggestion from you and other friends.

For that according to you, what I need to do first. Also I am looking for job or businesses their.

I am waiting for your valuable reply,

Thanking you,
Zeen Thomas

Great advice and really helpful for every body ..stay bless ..

Paladino is absolutely wise and right !

May I add up something very important to what he said ?

For any contract either for a deposit before buying or anything else never forget to go together to the public notary (Escribana) in order to legally increase the validity of the deal by an inscription in their lefal book with the respective ID , and signature of both parts and mutually agreed conditions.

You can also only make  a private written agreement  . But it is not advisable at all. You must secure all informations given to you by the seller in order to be sure that he is the real legal owner and to avoid any kind of possible  fake data, which sometimes happens.

Generally speaking, I always advise when asked in order to be successful when arriving in a new country to forget about the bigest fault of the occidental mentality, which is exclusively egocentric, and only think of yourself.

The world exclusively functions through group cooperation. The expat forum is a good exemple. However the cooperation must go much deeper in order to really succeed. Alone it is not easy to find something or a good deal. There are different prices depending wheather your are Paraguayan or not. This is all over the world a normal situation.

However, acting with an egocentric occidental mind, It is quite difficult to find good opportunities when only buying one hectare or less. People will sell you lots and the unit will be the m² instead of the hectare. Which makes a hell of difference.

The best way is to group yourselves intelligently and then share a bigger surface, which means a cheaper deal for everybody !

This is what we do with friends. And it works very well.

The big advantage of real forgotten solidarity (except among Paraguayans and they are 100% right ) is that it is then possible to make a Castor organization,. Which means mutual help in order to build each other's house  at a much cheaper price. And it works well !   

Intelligent solidarity  and mutual help are  the survival most precious and useful words considering times which are coming soon !
Do not hesitate to contact me.

@Jocelynlee Good morning.

I am looking for the same so if you got more options pls share with me.

[link moderated]

God bless you.

@LoreLaterra Hello.

My name is Angelo and iam looking for almost the same option.

Thank you.

[link moderated]

hi there...did you ever find the acreage you were seeking? i'm looking to purchase small acreage as well and any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. if you know of any agencies that have land listed could you forward it to me.
thank you.
adventurousC
-@adventurousC

@angelonicolina Hello and welcome

Please consider opening a new thread on the Paraguay forum as some of the participants you've referred to are no longer active on the forum. A new thread will get better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

@Jocelynlee

Moderated by Bhavna 8 months ago
Reason : Old post + contact details

@btevans Hello,

Please note that this member hasn't been on the website for the past 7 years.

I would suggest that you create an advert in the Housing in Paraguay section of the website should you want to put your property on sale.

Regards

Bhavna