Quiet hostel(s) in Asuncion?

Hi, everyone - I'll be coming to Asuncion for a couple of weeks, probably in June. I like to stay in a hostel if possible because: (1) I like to prepare most of my meals myself; (2) I like to be able to interact with other travelers - a great way to get information about a place. BUT - I would want a hostel that's quiet and not a party place where young kids are partying, drinking, and smoking all the time. I would require a private room but a shared bath is okay.

I stayed at a great hostel in Medellin, Colombia before. On a second trip I thought I'd try a different one just for novelty. Big mistake! After one night, I checked out and hurried back to the first one!

Thanks for any information and links to web sites if available.

Hi muffiemae
Not sure that "Hostels" as we know it exists in Py, but I maybe wrong, like I said ;not sure.

A very good Hotel that isn't "too" expensive (I would venture to say) and where you'll almost certainly meet foreigners is Hotel Portal del Sol.
Hotel

And if you should with for peace and silence I can always recommend the Mennonite Hotel :lol:

Thank you for the information. And, duh! I finally thought to google "hostels in Ascunsion" and I see a couple that look promising. The Black Cat Hostel does have private rooms available.

The Black Cat Hostel!!?? :o

Even I had to google that one, never heard of it, and yes, reviews given is quite positive.

Hope you find what you seek in whichever hotel\hostel you should decide to stay.

Another possibility is the hotel El Lapacho on Republica Dominica 543. lapacho.com.py/es/index.html

It appears to be a house from the front and has no sign but goes back forever. It is run by an elderly gentleman and we were quoted $300 per month for 1 person. He said he will put microwave etc into rooms if requested. There are people there that have lived there for a couple years. When we visited it was fairly busy with no evidence of children.

Black Cat doesn't have private rooms, they have 3 rooms where you sleep with 7 other people. The hostel is not that nice actually, but the "ambient" (can't come up with the correct english word sorry) is really good and the owners are really nice and know a lot about Paraguay and travelling in Paraguay.