Google Translate Errors, Serious and/or Humorous

OH MY!

Now, this is a really bad "Google Translate" boo-boo.

Members may recall my acquiring a new puppy a while back. Trials and tribulations continue, mainly in the arena of fur/skin infestations (ticks and mites) with ever accumulating vet expenses (3 million this past month). There's no end in sight that I can see, as he gets reinfested time and again from playing with the dogs from neighbours.

So, I decide I better start exploring a home-ready treatment plan for him.

I bought a shampoo from a reputable company, BIO(Link to biopharmachamei.com).

Shampoo is labeled "BIO-SHAMPOO 5", and except for the one line on the front in English stating "Ectoparasitic (sic) and Fungal Control", the rest was all in VN.

So, Google's my friend.

Initial Google English search (Firefox) gives me this page.

bio1.png

I select the first hit, linking to biopharmachemie.com, and bingo! That's the product.

bio2.png

(And, oh my! Not nice at all, and I do hope the mod's understand that this post is to be taken as a "caution notice" to members, especially if/when children learning English might be encouraged to hit the "Translate this page" option to practice on.)

At that point I hadn't noticed the Union Jack, top right of page, so I backed up to the search page and selected "Translate this page".

This is what I got. (blush)

bio3.png

(Here's the link to the search page, for confirmation)

We used the shampoo today. Results were good and immediately noticeable.

I think I'll write the company and send them the screen shots.

(or perhaps a link to expat.com ;) )

Full size screen snip Firefox Google English Search Page (Link)

Full size screen snip Product Page- Vietnamese (Link)

Full size screen snip Google Translate (Link)

Hello Aidan,

Please note that this new thread has been created on the Vietnam forum from your posts.

All the best

Bhavna