Permanent residency federal police interview

Hi All,

I started my permanent residency process and have a visa in my passport from the Consulate office in DC. My wife is a Brazilian Citizen and I have been trying to complete the online request for a federal police interview. I have entered by information on the web site several times but each time a sentence appears in red saying something does not match what is on the federal system but does not indicate what is wrong. It does print out a receipt showing the information I have entered. I finally figured out how to pay the two fees for processing of the permanent residence card after the web site would not forward me to the payment page. I have two receipts for these required fees. A window pops up and says there is no need to make an appointment. We went to the PF office in Governador Valadares and they said I could not process my application at this time with no additional information. They handed me a small piece of paper with an e-mail address on it with no other information.

I just can not find out how to proceed at this point. We have been married for 15 years and have all documents and are legalized as required.

Cheers, Paul
Hi All,

I started my permanent residency process and have a visa in my passport from the Consulate office in DC. My wife is a Brazilian Citizen and I have been trying to complete the online request for a federal police interview. I have entered by information on the web site several times but each time a sentence appears in red saying something does not match what is on the federal system but does not indicate what is wrong. It does print out a receipt showing the information I have entered. I finally figured out how to pay the two fees for processing of the permanent residence card after the web site would not forward me to the payment page. I have two receipts for these required fees. A window pops up and says there is no need to make an appointment. We went to the PF office in Governador Valadares and they said I could not process my application at this time with no additional information. They handed me a small piece of paper with an e-mail address on it with no other information.

I just can not find out how to proceed at this point. We have been married for 15 years and have all documents and are legalized as required.

Cheers, Paul
- @Paul6611

Welcome, Paul,
May I ask if you registered your marriage with the DC Consulate? Did the piece of paper you referred to have a Number? I assume the Consulate nor the PF gave you a checklist?
What documents did you provide?
What visa did you obtain from the Consulate?
You can go to the airport and ask the migration PF what you may need. (Best to have your wife with you).

08/18/22  Hi, Paul.  A couple of additional questions, first of all: 

1, Are any of the documents that you've submitted through the PF online system different from the ones you submitted for your visa?  I don't mean additional documents, I mean different versions of the same document -- even a different issue date might be enough to cause a "fail" in the system.  This is why I always suggest that people have multiple identical originals of their documents.

2. Does the information that you've manually entered into the PF system match the information that you provided to the Consulate and the information on your visa exactly?  That is almost certainly the information to which the system is comparing your new inputs.  "Paul John Smith" in one place and "Paul J. Smith" in another might be all it takes.

If you're sure that both the docs and the input information are absolutely identical, I would print out screenshots of all the error messages that you're receiving and bring them to the PF office.    Have all your other documents with you, just in case you're asked for them.  Unless your Portuguese is excellent, it would be a good idea for your wife to do the talking, and keep it very simple, like  "These are the error messages we've been getting, but everything we've submitted is identical with what we submitted to the Consulate to obtain the visa, so we can't identify the error.  Can you help us do that, so we can fix it?  We have all his documents here." 

If that doesn't work, you may need professional help from a facilitator ("despachante") or an attorney.
abthree is offering you good advice.  I had a lawyer submit the application for me and there were no issues. Once you get the interview though, you will need to bring  certified translations of everything they could possibly want and even things that seem they might not want.   There is no guarantee in the Brasilian system.  One thing is definite.  You will need to register your marriage and your Birth certificate in Brasil otherwise all the work will be in vain.
@Paul6611 Hey Paul my wife had a similar problem when she was requesting an updated birth certificate from Brazil. She would fill out the form but the form would say there is an error. It wouldn't say what it was and wouldn't allow her to submit. (This is really bad UI / UX common with a lot of Brazil Gov websites I noticed)

This worked for me give it a try:
If your on google chrome (Firefox and other browsers also have their own devtools)

1. Click on the chrome tab
2. Click on more tools
3. Click on developer tools
4. You should see the chrome dev tools open with Elements Console sources Network performance tabs etc (Click on the 3 dots top right corner and open the dev tools in a separate window to see it easier)
5. Click on the Network Tab
6. Under network tab you should see column headers with Name, Status, Type etc
7. Try to submit information on that form again. (Make sure you have the dev tools open in a separate window)  When you try to submit or see the error pop up look at the Status column and focus on the 400 client side errors and the 500 server side errors. (HTTP Status Code's)
8. Click on each name that matches up with each 400 - 500 range HTTP Status Code (error) (They should be RED)
9. Once your inside the name click on the nested response tab and see what it say's. The server might be sending back  a clear message to you but the developer didn't implement it properly on the front end. 

@Paul6611 Hey Paul, can I ask how you made the 2 fee payments?  I started my residency process in February this year (2022) after marrying in Brazil in November 2021.  I had to come home to Australia in March with my husband and got my Federal Police Clearance certificate to take back but at my interview in February they told me to also bring my receipts of payment however I have the same problem you did that there is no direction once I made the appointment for October that takes me to a payment site.  My husband said I can pay on arrival in Brazil next month at an agency but my appointment is 2 days after I arrive so would like to pay earlier if I can. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

@Mark Aichholzer-Bueno

Mark, when you go to the PF website to start the document for interview registration select the "With GRU" that will let you pay the two fees for processing

Sorry for the late reply. I hope this is helpful

Paul

@abthree

Thanks for the great info. I think I spelled my mothers middle name wrong but never screen shot the summitted consulate stuff. I have everything and getting ready for interview later this month.

Paul

10/07/22 @ Paul6611.  Excellent -- best of luck!