Moving to Brazil from South Africa

Im planning to move to Brazil from South Africa.
Im planning to move to Brazil from South Africa.
- @mmshandu23

Welcome, mmshandu23,
Wishing you the best.
Do you have questions as to becoming a permanent resident or do have a BR passport?
This wont be a helpful comment.
It just strikes me as a damn shame that there aren't any flights across between Africa and South America ,....one is force to first fly north, then cross the ocean, then fly back ....extremely expensive .... I am sure that the reason is totally rational, there's just too few people wanting to travel any of those routes, but I would be one of them .......

@Texanbrazil Hello, thank you for your response. I have a BR passport. I would love to be a TEFL teacher in Brazil and also become a citizen at a later stage.

I am confused! If you have a Brazilian passport you must already be a citizen.
The following shows how to become a citizen:
Brazilian citizenship requires the following conditions to be satisfied:
Have civil capacity, according to Brazilian law;
Be registered as a permanent resident in Brazil;
Have continuously lived in Brazil for a minimum period of four years, immediately prior to the application for naturalization. If you have a Brazilian child or spouse, this period is reduced to a year;
Be able to read and write in Portuguese;
Be employed and/or have sufficient assets to maintain yourself and your family;
Exhibit good conduct;
No denunciation or condemnation in Brazil or abroad for an intentional crime which carries a minimum sentence of at least one year in prison;
Evidence of good health. If you have lived in Brazil for more than two years, you do not need to provide evidence of this.

@Texanbrazil Hi, thank you. I confused myself, I do have a passport but not a Brazilian one. Thanks for the information. I think I need to apply for TEFL jobs that side to make things easy for myself.

mmshandu23,

In order to work (teacher or any job), you must be sponsored by an institution or company. This must be done by the institution or company and submitted to the Gov.
One must remember that Brazil is " Brazians' first". This means that the sponsor must prove there are no Brazilians that can fill the position.
You cannot apply for a work permit unless sponsored or applying (and approved) for a permanent visa.
This wont be a helpful comment.
It just strikes me as a damn shame that there aren't any flights across between Africa and South America ,....one is force to first fly north, then cross the ocean, then fly back ....extremely expensive .... I am sure that the reason is totally rational, there's just too few people wanting to travel any of those routes, but I would be one of them .......
- @Inubia

Google says that there is a flight from GRU to JNB (Johannesburg) with a stopover in Luanda, Angola.

There are few people travelling between two countries, I guess.

South Africa is too dangerous (lots of hate crime based on race) for Brazilians and Brazil is too expensive for S. Africans.

07/18/22 @Texanbrazil Hello, thank you for your response. I have a BR passport. I would love to be a TEFL teacher in Brazil and also become a citizen at a later stage.

- @mmshandu23

Good afternoon,

As Texanbrazil said, the only practical way for a foreigner without a family tie (spouse, parent, or child) to come to Brazil permanently is to be sponsored by a Brazilian employer, with a labor contract approved by the Ministry of Labor before the person comes to Brazil.   It is not really possible to come to Brazil as a tourist and to find a Brazilian employer to sponsor you while here.  The job market is difficult, unemployment is high, and the market for English teachers is saturated.
@mmshandu23 Best way to fly is via Lisbon, so many flights everyday with a good choice of airlines. Teaching TEFL is great but getting a job is another thing. I teach online and teach from anywhere west of Portugal as it suit with students being on GMT time.
There are quite a few companies in Europe looking for TEFL teachers for online.

@mmshandu23 I want to go back to Brazil and you're getting out of Brazil is a great country

I like Brazil very much I have emailed alreadi MBC but you guys help me I want to go back to Brazil anyway.
to teach.... Good luck in  making do with your rent payments. 

You will need a lot of it.
My advice is to learn foreign trade..  And pick on another foreign language.

Brazil, Russia, South Africa, India, China are part of the BRICs, ( with Iran wanting to join in ).

Mercosul has been doomed as a failed experiment. 

So sharpen up your Afrikaan, pick up on Russian.   Word is, these countries are tired of dealing with US trade sanctions and want to leverage their economies in developing a parallel payment exchange that curtails the Dollar denominated transfer system. ( that is Swift and Plastic payment systems ). 

You will be able to land an entry level job in port cities like Paranagua, Santos, Pelotas/ Rio Grande , Vitoria, Sao Luiz, Macapa, Rio de Janeiro, and over the time, perhaps being a custom's broker and write your ticket.  it is a closed doors club.