Moving to turkey

looking for advice on moving from the uk to turkey best places to live colleagues hospitals ,to be very honest every thing really best visa etc regds steve

@stephenbradbrook join the Facebook group [link under review]. There are lots of Turks though who would know all of the local customs

The best place to live is Istanbul Kadıköy Bağdat street area for sure

@stephenbradbrook  Hi, You have many options. First of all, if you specify in which region and under what conditions you want to live, more pinpoint information can be given.

@stephenbradbrook Just bring your money, everybody like business, if enough cash no problem to settle, we are quite happy so far (Alanya area). Indeed far too little circumstances (financially or personal) it can be more difficult.
What I can say for EUR  2K pm you can live like a king.If you are at EUR 900 pm it is still good, but you have to be more modest.

Turkey is a great country to live if you can spend.
I think I mentioned before but for GBP 2.5 you can have a shave at the barber being treated like a VIP. (better (cost) effective than myself).
Restaurants (without alcohol are possible for GBP 7 for two (tea, soup, main dish, side dish etc). Still even abstaining from alcohol for 2 a budget (renting) GBP 400 will be difficult. To enjoy you have to bring something.

Visa if enough cash should not be an issue, your real estate agent will be happy to help. I think additional employees in hospitals are needed, but from what I understand health care is good (but if needed expensive during the first year (if you need).
But having a full time nurse for GBP 300 is not to bad as to compare to the UK.

I have to say your specific requirements are quite unclear.

@cdw057 is there much to do in Antalya/Alanya other than the beach or is it a boring place with no social and night life.im trying to decide between Istanbul Or Antalya to move to from Australia

What is boring? My requirements ( I am 60) are limited, in any case more than enough restaurants for me, for my wife enough shopping possibilities, in Mahmutlar I am not looking for a lively club scene (perhaps in Alanya). I am fine but one could say boring (very much what ones expects). Internet (unlike some reports), with direct connection 100 mb and stable (important for me).

Very international I can say, I do not like the center too much (too many English binge drinkers). I do not want to be cynical too much, but the presence of police tends to limit crimes (I feel very safe (also because I think turkish prisons are not as convenient in Australia (or in my case Luxembourg, Netherlands or even UK (hungary where i lived is a different matter).

But I think the key question is boring and nightlife. (possibly in Alanya for the latter, but I do not like it (I go to bed at 8pm or 9pm).
Living is cheap, for our limited budget it would allow us to go to a restaurant (with alcohol) and three courses every single day (but even that is not perfect (my wife also cooks very well).

We are quite happy, but then again no discos for me, drugs totally off considerations.

Could you clarify what you need? (very unclear even implied), Alanya centre seems to be a good place for you from what you implied, noisy and far too busy (for me).

Age/budget/interests/married/???? 
it would be better to give advice if you could tell a bit about yourself (what kind of life you are living, your age, what you expect from the city you will move in, environment, budget etc) but trust me wherever you go, you will probably have everything available to you (shopping centers, groceries, hospital, public transport, post offices etc) if there is one thing i like about Turkey is that in considerably big cities you have all the opportunities around you.

Antalya is known for the tourist population and beautiful beaches. most of the population knows english (not perfectly, but you would understand each other) if you want a "calmer" beach life i would suggest going there but mind you, summers are very, very hot. for more information about prices and conditions to buy property in Antalya you can check here https://tranio.com/turkey/antalya/

i myself am from istanbul but i do not advice going there. it is just chaos and prices are increasing non-stop because of the economical crisis now.
@broccolipiee Please refer to new members section, I think that should be enough for now.

Still a few additional items,

-post and post offices in where I live (Alanya) are an absolute nightmare (admittedly I have some issues with dealings of my ex countries (Netherlands (I am Dutch), UK, Lux, Hungary. Getting post, very very rarely (I even suspect much are thrown in the bin)
-Hospitals, no experience, but private clinics are nowadays not allowed to do simple things (eg tests for extending license or giging a booster for covid).
-I hate public transport, but my wife is very happy (and it is cheap)
-I do not know what you mean by opportunities, I am old and just living from my savings. Possibly additional investment, but I think you mean something different.
-I can do without any promotions, we know enough people here and we live here (we accept the local situation and do not intend to leave for now)
-Budget, a special topic, for a few hundred EURO it is fine (and better than in Western Europe). For a comfortable life with restaurants, cigarettes, alcohol for two I would suggest something between EUR 1500 and EUR 2000.
-I hate the even mentioning of shopping centers, but MMM Migros is fine for me (or too much)
-A shaving at the barber is just TRY 50 (INCLUDING tip I have to say).
-Internet can be stable and fast (I have 100 mb contract, EUR 12 pm), I am happy
-I do not like the beach, my wife does, seems to be fine.

Bottom line cost of living is very very fine, just depends what you expect

I am a bit sad for your advices given on Antalya, we are residents and giving advice from somebody living in Istanbul on the area is let's say remarkable. We have made our choice (with pluses/minuses).
A bit contradictory I have to say, ask views and then give advice.