Thinking to move to Turkey

Hi,

I am thinking to move my family to Turkey and looking for a safe and conservative city that has an international schools. My Turkish friend  suggested Bursa. is there any other option?  if, yes, can you please update me with the city name and school name and if you have any information about the school fee

Thanks in advance,

Hi

I'm planning to come to Turkey with family for living and was thinking of Antalya.  Please share any info you may have about kids schools and a good place to live in.  I appreciate any input.

@advfamilyemail  Ankara is turkey center city. It is safe and comfortable

There is no such thing as a conversative city in Turkey. Every single city and village have nightclubs, bars, and alcohol stores, and gambling places. Some cities like Van have far less than a place like Ankara, and Istanbul, or Izmir. The only difference is that major cities will have more people supporting LGBT rights, and other things like this. While people from smaller cities, and villages will be against it.

As far as the best city in Turkey there is none. It depends on what you want to do. Are you looking for a job? Then Istanbul. Do you speak Turkish? Then you can go to Ankara, Izmir, etc looking for work.

Are you looking to start a business? Then it depends on what business you want to start. If its a non-Turkish restaurant then you will want to go to Anatalia that has a bunch of expats. Or you want to go to Izmir or Ankara where people are willing to try different foods.

Are you working online? Then in most northern areas of Turkey like Istanbul, Yalova, etc you can get up to 1 GBPS fiber optic internet now days. You have to make sure your building has it though.

Are you looking for a city for vacation or to retire in? Then there is many different places you can go.

As far as international schools most people opt for them in Istanbul, and Ankara since they are better quality. They do have some in Bursa but in Bursa people don't have the same job opportunities as Istanbul.

Hi

Thanks for the response. I'm studying Turkish very hard. Practicing a few hours a day. I'm learning about vocabulary, sentence structure, verb conjugation, pronunciation, noun agglutination, adverbs, adjectives, pronouns, vowel harmony and....

So I'm very busy. The only weak point is that I can not practice any conversation.

Thank you anyway

@advfamilyemail

Hello, my friend welcome to Turkiye.

I am not sure if Bursa is the best option in Turkiye but It depends on your expectation.

Bursa is one of the capital city. If you are running a physical business, it can be a really good spot for you. It is close to Istanbul and many people making big business in Bursa.

As an expat, it will be really easy to live in Istanbul and surrounding cities and the South of Turkiye such as Mugla, and Antalya.

My advice to you will be to research the places that are close to residence permits due to the latest situations in Turkey. Otherwise, even if you rent a house, you will not be able to get a residence permit.

You can ask me anything especially residential laws and daily issues (transportation, online shopping, second-hand bazaars, etc.)

Are you native Turkish or an expat. I'm asking this since I want to know if you have a deep knowledge of Turkey or just know a bit about it. I have some questions about the price of gasoline vs diesel in Turkey and is it economical to purchase a car? What are the car prices? Is Antalya good for living if you are retired and want to live by the beach in a city with good weather and lots of tourists.

What is the avg price of a one/two bedroom apt seafront.

@Kouroshamiri10545

Hello, my friend.

I am a native. I grew up in Antalya also. It is a very calm place full of tourists. To be honest as a young person I get bored in Antalya because it is not dynamic. Generally, old people like you live in Antalya.

I can help you to find the best house in Antalya because I own houses to rent. And I do this job for over 5 years. I know many real estate agents and house owners. We can talk about it in Dm.

To have a car in Turkiye is expensive when I compare it to Europe. The cheapest car is around 4.000$. Gasoline is generally around 1.1-1.4€ and LPG (gas for cars) is around 0.6€. You can find a car with LPG easily, it is very common. Repairing Car is very cheap in Turkiye. You can easily fix your car. We do not afraid when we broke our cars.

Fuel gas is expensive here. When I was in Morocco, a month before I bought a kitchen tube for 75TL but here it is 370TL. I am really shocked about it.

@Kouroshamiri10545 sahibinden.com is the main website to find houses. I guess it is 700€-3000€. In Antalya, we have some problems with residence permits in some neighborhoods. Also, someplace is very cheap but not good for living even if they are seaside. Ask me anything (areas, transportation, residence permits, etc.). It is my city.

Are people afraid to talk about Erdogan in Turkey?!

@Kouroshamiri10545 Hi, Prices of apartments vary from city to city. Some thing near the sea in Istanbul suburbs 1+1 200K $ Beslktas, Asian side Kadikoy 500K, Antalya  2+1 around 400K with some sea view.

:D

People are just afraid to tweet Erdogan. In seaside cities Izmir, Muğla, and Antalya we can easily talk in public.

@advfamilyemail

who said it turkey  is conservative . liberal/multicultural country it is . please read about Ataturk. or if you want conservative country go to ksa man...

@Kouroshamiri10545

antalya having some good international schools. iranians dont need any visa for turkey right haahahah

Antalya  and Istanbul  , you need

$ 3000  month to live comfy buddy.

Iranians living mostly in Istanbul.Iranians who do not have money or need a job .No choice but Istanbul. Los Angeles& Houston I lived long years also huge Iranian population if you have more than $ 250000 you may get a visa

I am planning to settle in kushadasi from uk, and know has good expat community who are happy living there.

Not sure about schools quality, my kids grown up. i understand private schooling is a common phenomena in US.

Kushadasi is real nice place to live but Fethiye & Oludeniz have plenty of British people.Quality of education is on the floor in Turkey.Public schools are not good.Izmir has good schools and close to Chesme but $$$$

Good luck .