Does anyone here live in Denizli?

Hello everyone. I've moved to Denizli recently. I'm looking forward to making friends in this lovely city.

Hi YabancIII,

Welcome to Expat.Com  :)

Hopefully you will get some interaction soon. How are you finding Denizli so far ?

All the best,
Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna :) Denizli is peaceful lovely city. People here are helpful and descent. But there is a shortage in entertainment facilities.

I'm thinking on moving to Denizli for 6 months. How does it received people of color? How's the safe of a single looks like? What should I be worry about?

I'm thinking on moving to Denizli for 6 months. How does it received people of color? How's the safe of a single looks like? What should I be worry about?
-@Kallmeh_k

The same as everywhere else in Turkey. Turkey is a nationalist country and many will not like you for simply being different. Many people will stare at you, or try to make you feel uncomfortable.  Sometimes they will refuse you service for no reason. Attacks against foreigners are somewhat rare but they do happen from time to time. Mostly in bigger cities like Istanbul, and Ankara. You will most likely never have to worry about violence in Denizil but you will most likely face discrimination.

Last year when I was in Istanbul a bunch of drunk teens stabbed an American to death. Also I saw a riot in Istanbul, and Ankara which saw large scale destruction of Arabs homes, cars, and businesses, as well as them attacking random arabs in the street for a night which was then quelled by riot police.

I know Africans who had to leave Turkey because they simply couldn't find jobs because no one wanted to hire them, or their business failed because no one wanted to eat at their restaurant, or wanted to shop at their store, etc

The same for Pakistanis, Indians, etc.

The Turkish government have stopped visas for most Africans countries, and if you look like your African they won't view you as an American even if you have a US passport. They will view you as an African national, and treat you as such.

Also there is not a very big expat community of Americans in Turkey. While you will find a large expat community of Europeans in the south by Anatyla.

SOME  MEXICAN IN ISTAMBUL

@raulgf740 I know two Mexican families in Bursa, but it's very difficult for Mexicans to get approved through immigration in Bursa.