Planning on coming to Argentina July Aug 2022 and have some questions

1. got a question about fees. I am planning on starting my residency this July/August time frame. I can do a mercosur residency because my wife is a peruvian citizen. I was quoted $2400 for the two of us, and wondering if it makes more sense to do just the rentista for me cost wise. I was also told citizenship would run $4000 each to be represented. IF this is a fair price, I will deal with it, but if someone has a good referral for a fair attorney that would be great.

2. I plan on staying there for at least 3-4 months my first visit, to travel and find where we want to live. I will want to purchase a home/apartment so referrals of Realtors or their equivalent would be great! Current plans to visit are Mar Del Plata, Bariloch, Palermo, La Plata, Rosario and Cordoba so any feedback on these would be amazing. (I see homes online, but I assume locally I will find better bargains?)

3. how easy is it to bus to different cities/states? Do Realtors typically drive you around to see places like in the US?

3. how common is Crypto used in the country?

4. I plan on being out of the country for a few months out of the year. Any thoughts on using home for air bnb during that time frame, and are there companies that manage them there?

5. How easy is it to do banking there?

*I saw the one question per post, but did not look like there was a lot of action on the forum and thought it would be ok.  If not let me know and I will break it down to 5 posts*

hello! how are you?well to start I recommend that you do not pay more than your ticket, and once here it is easier to do all kinds of procedures.Rosary beads if you come to Rosario you will fall in love. and banking operations are easy, cryptocurrencies are not used, more than in canco operationsand banking operations are easy, cryptocurrencies are not used, more than in canco operations I'm to help you

Thank you for your answer. :-) So find a good attorney there once there?  Do y ou recommend at least booking hotels for the days I plan to be in different cities?  I need to watch my budget and don't want to get in a bad place or expensive place :)   What are Canco operations?

Hello! if you book only stay, where are you going to come? If it is the city of Rosario I can give you information about hostels, which is cheaper

Operaciones de banco?

Sorry I was on the bus, and I wrote wrong, on the bench

We are 50+ and I will be with my wife.  Thinking we will prefer our own room, but thank you.  can you recommend a clean affordable hotel in a decent neighborhood?

Yes! of course, hotel holliday in, hotel riviera, and if not there are many temporary apartments, which you pay monthly and even have very nice and new bedding, let me know anything and I'll look for numbers

Thank you very much!  :-)  we will want to travel to a few parts of the country before choosing.  I will be working out of the country so should not be that effected by inflation as long as we are careful with costs.

Hello!

As for where to stay, yes, it is always better to look for information in forums or facebook groups, from people who are already here.

Otherwise, you will end up in a real estate agency and the prices are usually not the best.

There are a lot of buses to travel around the provinces. Although depending on the bus chain, the service can be good or not. What you have to take into account are the long hours of distance.

Cryptos are used, but it seems to me that they are just starting to be used.

As an extra tip, and besides looking for a place to stay, if you want to enjoy an adventure, I recommend Argentina Polo Day outside Buenos Aires! To get to know the real polo and a magical experience!

Thank you for the tip!  

1. got a question about fees. I am planning on starting my residency this July/August time frame. I can do a mercosur residency because my wife is a peruvian citizen. I was quoted $2400 for the two of us, and wondering if it makes more sense to do just the rentista for me cost wise. I was also told citizenship would run $4000 each to be represented. IF this is a fair price, I will deal with it, but if someone has a good referral for a fair attorney that would be great. ANSWER: Christian Demian Rubilar Panasiuk, 25370123, Arenales 2231 piso 10 (1124) CABA  is a good supportive lawyer and he only does immigration.
2. I plan on staying there for at least 3-4 months my first visit, to travel and find where we want to live. I will want to purchase a home/apartment so referrals of Realtors or their equivalent would be great! Current plans to visit are Mar Del Plata, Bariloch, Palermo, La Plata, Rosario and Cordoba so any feedback on these would be amazing. (I see homes online, but I assume locally I will find better bargains?) ANSWER: You can find some bargains in the mountains of Cordoba or just over the border into San Luis
3. how easy is it to bus to different cities/states? Do Realtors typically drive you around to see places like in the US?  ANSWER: Very easy and cheap as chips
3. how common is Crypto used in the country? ANSWER: Crypto is sold is Argentina for double its value in pesos. Bring USD cash it is also double the value
4. I plan on being out of the country for a few months out of the year. Any thoughts on using home for air bnb during that time frame, and are there companies that manage them there?  ANSWER: Air Bnb seems to work well but you would  need a local caretaker however labor is cheap
5. How easy is it to do banking there? ANSWER: Banking is impossible for foreigners but there are better ways  of dealing with funds.
If you need any more help let me know, a  fellow oldie