Hunting in Morocco

Hello pals,

I am from Malta, and love hunting very much. does any one know if hunting takes place in Morocco.  If in the affirmative all information and details will be greatly appreciated.  Does any one have any contacts ?

Whilst hoping to hear from you at your kind convenience, I thank you in advance.

Regards.

Paul

scolopoxrusticola wrote:

Hello pals,

I am from Malta, and love hunting very much. does any one know if hunting takes place in Morocco.  If in the affirmative all information and details will be greatly appreciated.  Does any one have any contacts ?

Whilst hoping to hear from you at your kind convenience, I thank you in advance.

Regards.

Paul

Hi Paul, Hunting takes place in Morocco, However I do not think its allowed for tourist unless you have obtain prior approval beforehand.

The first step in getting your Moroccan hunting license is to pick what season you want to hunt in, fall or spring, and what area you want to hunt in.
Once you know where you want to hunt you will also need to identify what type of wild game you want to hunt.

Hunters will find ample opportunity to hunt for game such as duck, partridge, quail, goose and dove. Hunts for wild boar, deer, and mountain goats can be arranged. Hunting licenses are required for all types of hunting. All shotguns must be registered

If you want to hunt just duck, partridge, quail, goose and dove then you will need a permit to hunt that. If you want to hunt goose and other game you will need a separate permit for each type of game you want to hunt in addition to the actual hunting license.Hunting licenses are required for all types of hunting in Morocco.

When you have received your hunting permit in morocco, make sure that you make copies of all your documents. Place copies of all your licenses / permits ,and make sure to carry a copy with you at all times when you are out hunting.

you can legally hunt in morocco as long as you follow the rule and regulations set forth by Moroccan Authority. Failure to follow any of the Country's laws is considered poaching and can result in civil and criminal penalties.

The hunting weapons and their ammunition permit are issued by the Directorate General of National Security in Morocco. Firearms and ammunition (only smooth barreled hunting weapons are permitted but retained by Customs until a Firearm and Hunting Permit is obtained)

Required Documents:
a. A valid passport ,
b. hunting licence,
c. rifle details,
d. hunting pass
e. hunting equipments Details.

Ministry of Tourism
Postal Address Avenue Ennakhil , Rabat
Phone Number + 212 0 37 57 78 00
Fax Number + 212 0 37 57 79 01
Webpage http://www.tourisme.gov.ma/fr

Hope the above information helps