New members of the Portugal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hello,

My name is Deborah and I have just submitted my D7 visa to live in the Lisbon area.

I am English but have lived in West Africa for the last 8 years and am now looking forward to the next phase of my life.

Hello Debs19,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

How can we assist you?

Feel free to start a new thread on the Portugal forum if you want to discuss a particular topic with other members of this forum.

I also invite you to read the Living in Portugal guide for expats. This guide is full of tips and useful information.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello, I am a truck driver. I have been using a truck for years. I have all my certificates. Including ADR, I know German, English and Flemish.

hello, I am a truck driver.. I have been driving a mixer truck in a concrete company for the last 6 years.. I speak English, German and Dutch.. I have all SRCs. I also have dangerous goods ADR.. I want to settle in Portugal.. [link moderated]

Hello Mahsunxalko,

Welcome on board !

We are not a recruitment agency! Could you please drop an advert in the Jobs in Portugal section ?

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

Hello expats to PT

My wife (Susan) and I live in Austin Texas and are in our early 60s. We are planning to retire in Portugal with a specific interest in the silver coast, and Foz fo Arelho, Because the beach and lagoon look lovely there. We welcome the opportunity to connect with others and planning our move in establishing friendships.

Raj and Susan

@John Tavares Hi There! I am also Canadian thinking of doing the same and wondered if you used an agency to help with the paperwork etc..? If so I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

I've just started the process of gathering info and resources on a potential move. Had the D7 visa in mind but I heard there may be a digital nomad visa in the works which would suit my situation better as I work remotely. Looking at Funchal on Madeira as a landing spot. Also here to hear people's thoughts on companies offering immigration assistance such as NIF, bank accounts and all the fun paperwork involved in the visa process. Look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

Cheers from Vancouver Island Canada :)

Welcome on board everyone,

@ Kerrabas, thanks for the intro.

Should you need any precise info, feel free to start your own thread on the Portugal forum so that members can guide you.

All the best,

Bhavna

Hey Everyone :)

My name is Alyona and I moved to Portugal in May 2022 from the Uk after living there for 15 long overrated cold years . Originally from Estonia. Even colder. But with better healthcare.

One of my unwavering passions is yoga. While living in london it was a passion in the background, I would like to bring it into the foreground here in Portugal. I am  currently looking for a commercial space to open a studio in Belem.

i am available for -bachelor parties, weddings, bar mitzvahs- jk. But I am available for private and corporate/group classes. I also have access to an insane view of lisbon from the highest private viewpoint in Belem, I'm happy to extend you an invitation to practice here with me :)

You can find me on IG under Thenaughtyogi - say hi if you do!

Looking forward to meeting you :)

Big prepandemic hug!

@Julien

hello

is it possible to arrange messages in the forum by date posted? It'd only be logical that newest posts show at the top, not at the very end  for no one ever to see😅

also page indication would be super helpful, to know the amount of pages the posts are spread over :)

Hello Alyona,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for your introduction.

You can create an advert on Portugal classifieds> Classes> Yoga classes.

I understand the point you are making and we really appreciate all the advice of our members.

But with the current format, it is easier for members to follow a discussion (i.e starting from the least recent ones to the most recent one). They get an idea of the problem/question that is being discussed.

Don't you think it will be much of a hassle if members were to understand where a discussion is going by reading only the recent posts?

Also, page indication is available. You will see it below the last post on each page.

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien yes sir thanks for quick response of my mail .

The purpose behind I want to live there is that I want to do work in labor /helper level work.

@Yoginee thanks for the quick response with guidance and clarification.

I see arrows (previous page, next page, jump to first page, jump to last page), but no indication of number of pages, so I don't know if there are 3 pages waiting to be scrolled or 23 :)

tbh the only reason I learned of the chronological order of posts is when I was trying to find my own post… it's a little counterintuitive :) if you have the opportunity, a button to sort posts (newest first or oldest first) would be very handy so that the decision of which posts to view first is left with the user.

@alten03,

You can go directly to the end of the thread, if you click on the second line of the title thread.

Eg.

New members of the Portugal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Last post an hour ago by alten03

In this case, click on "Last post an hour ago by alten03 " and you will go to the last post in this thread.

Hi Julien,

I am Shahin from Saudi Arabia. I am Bangladeshi. I am 40years old. I am interested to immigrate to Portugal. My profession is being Diswasher and Housekeeping job.. Can you help to immigrate to Portugal? Plz let me know... Thanks for your time.

Thanks Regards,

Shahin

Email: *****

Mobile:*******

Hello Shahin,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that expat.com cannot directly help you in your immigration process.

Nonetheless, expat.com has a Living in Portugal guide for expats for all members who would like to start their expatriation project. I suggest you take a look at that first. You will get a lot of information pertaining to visas and employment in Portugal in this guide.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

hi there

l hope you are ok i have lived in Auckland Newzealand for a year and i really loved NEW ZEALAND i hope that we will have a chance to meet each other soon

my email is : ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Everyone,

i am from the US and we plan to retire here in the next year or so. We are purchasing a house in Torreira and will travel to and from as much as possible before making this our full time home.

I am looking for expat groups, so any help would be appreciated. :)

Take care,

Jason

Hello Jason,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for this lovely introduction1f60e.svg

Feel free to start a new discussion on the Portugal forum if you have any questions. Our members and myself, we will be glad to help you in your projects1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi Jason,

How to build a social circle from scratch in Portugal

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=909130

Some meetup groups

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 30#4966994

(Post #2)

Facebook groups

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 30#5505120

(Post #17)

Best Regards

Hi All

Just a quick note about ourselves.

Myself my Wife and our 3 dogs will be hitting Lagos next May when we retire to our apartment, we both can't wait. We will be coming from the Uk (Berkshire) we will be starting the process of getting our D7 early next year and we are getting a new Electric car hopefully picking up in April coming on the ferry to santander next May.

I will need advice about how I go about registering the car in Portugal I've been reading up and it looks very complicated.   

Regards

Ray & Dill

Hello Ray & Dill,

Welcome on board !

Thank you for your introduction !

Well, you could reach out to members to gather information and get some advice to ease the process.

Feel free to create a topic of your own on the Algarve forum

All the best,

Bhavna

Hi Ray & Dill, Welcome.

How to register your imported vehicle in Portugal and get portuguese registration number plates

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 33#5099337

(Post #8)

No I live here but I neend job

No I live here but I neend job
-@gillkalsi444

No what? If you live in Portugal you must know the formalities of obtaining a job. The site isn't a Job agency .

Hello everyone

I am Brian and just settling into Coimbra. I am from Canada and have been in the Uk for the past few years. I am excited to begin a new chapter of life now in this great country.

Please do reach out and say hi.

Brian 😁

Hello briantex,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

Should you have any questions or topics to be discussed with other members of this forum, feel free to start a new thread on the Portugal forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien  New to forums, where do you click to Introduce yourself?

Hello Wayne,

Welcome to expat.com!

You can introduce yourself on this discussion itself1f609.svg

If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to message me.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi all,

Newbie on the Portugal forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you wink.png

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Portugal if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!
-@Julien

Hello everone,

I'm Ugochukwu, a Nigerian based in Portugal.

I moved here 3months to join my husband.

We're based in Vale Da Amoreria and we are open to me making new friends and building a new community.

Regards.

@Julien

Dear Julien iam muriira mbaya from Kenya, looking for a job opportunity in mid to senior management in immigration services/citizenship by investment,and real estate brokerage.

I currently work as a business consultant in Kenya

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board !

@ Mbayasnik,

Make sure you drop an advert in the Jobs in Portugal section of the website for better visibility. Do you speak Portuguese ?

Regards,

Bhavna

@Yoginee What are the minimum pixel requirements for a profile photo?

Hello Wayne,

There are no requirements as such.

If you do experience any issue, just send me a message by clicking on the small envelope below my profile 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien

Hello my name is Michael and I would like to find out how to work and become a Portugal citizen?

Hello M. Bullion,

Welcome on board !

These information can be found in the Guide : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/portugal/

Have you read the articles ? They are a good source of information

Regards,

Bhavna

@lifeinvienna waooooo, great folks here.  I am  planning to relocate to Portugal very soon, consequently I'll will wanna make some good friends before I finally move.

Folks, your are kindly invited and don't hesitate to keep in touch.

Hello Ero(Aero),

Kindly note that is thread is solely for the introduction of new members.

Any conversation should be conducted privately.

Thanks1f609.svg

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Debs19 Hi Debs, how's your application coming along? I'm also moving to Portugal from the UK (but I'm an EU citizen and don't need visa). I'm moving in January to take up the position at the university. I am looking for someone to share a nice house with. No more than some 2500-3000 a month altogether (to split between the two). I have a cat and have been to East Africa a few times - looking to go again, maybe even by the end of the year. Let me know if you want to share a place. Best wishes...

Closed