Braga area

Hello!
I am new at this!
Our family will be exploring Northern Portugal soon, particularly Braga.
Does anyone have familiarity with the Vila Verde, Ataes area of Braga? American resources in the area (we only speak English)? We've heard that the "cafes" in Ataes are delightful ... can anyone elaborate? Are the cafes in Ataes area "open for the public", meaning tourists? Are tourists "welcome" at the cultural musical celebrations that are popular in the evenings?
We are in hopes to live in Portugal, at least part of the year when we "retire", within two years.
Thanks for any info!

Hi there

Welcome on board you have certainly chosen Northern Portugal as one of the nicest places on this planet, contact me at my email :[email protected] and I will tell you more about this area and introduce to an American lady that settled up here two years ago
Regards

Hi acrossthepond and welcome to Expat.com !

nandnjudge, why don't you share with us on the forum ?

Hi and Thank You!

This is a very intriguing website! It offers real life experiences, which are exactly what I'm looking for.

As I have "jumped around" familiarizing myself with this site ... it's all so very informative!

For now, I'm content to share and search on this public page.
There is such a wealth of information!
Surely, not to offend anyone .... but I prefer not to participate in private messages at this time.

Thanks!
atp

I have already posted some videos on your Forum in the absence of a Video Section, when are you going to have one

Here are my latest three videos about lofe in Portugal & Galicia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my5SmjLxjXwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fArFTs … re=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68bkfQXD … re=related

The problem with your Forum is that I am not permitted to mention as a signatre on replies my web site www.portugal-north.com .that promoted the area of Northern Portugal with no hard sell

I would love to participate actively but it it not worth the effort, unlike some other very big Expat sites which I participate actively that allow mw to put the signature.

Dont come back with the answer advertise, no one ever looks at the advertisements for web sites like mine, the adverts are great if you are buying or selling

A few months ago I guggested that you either change the location classification or do away with it completly.

If I open up the Portugal Forum I would expect to see all of Portugal, not just Porto, it is too time consuming to move from Location to find out what is happening in the Algarve which is not even listed.

One of my friends suggested that you include Galicia as a Spanish location , you completly ingnored his request.

The problem with you Forum is that is is clumsy to find things, and until you take notice from the members you will never build up a base of knowledable members that will stimulate interesting conversation.

Some other Expat sites can have threads that go on for over ten correspondents , often quite heated but very polite on really meaninfull subjects that are of interest to everyone in Portugal not only in the location which I live in which is not even listed as a location

If you look at some of the other Expat sites you will soon come to the conclusion that Portugal is by far the biggest section with very active participation across the whole country not ist Lisbon or Porto

I will be very interested to see you comments.

In fairness to you your web site in my opinion comes tops for appearance , lovely and clean but not cluttered with to much hard sell of financial services

nandnjudge, Expat.com is still under development, we are adding new features every month and are doing our very best to improve the existing features. We are still a very small team.

If you have any specific demand please contact me in private.

Regarding the signatures, we were constantly spammed and I had to temporarily deactivate them. They will soon be reactivated for active / trusted members.