New members of the Portugal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

@alten03 Tere - I'm from Estonia too and am moving to Lisbon from the UK (Manchester) - there is some similarity there with your situation. Looking for someone to share a nice big house with in the range of no more than EUR 2500-3000. I have a cat, play tennis and yoga is something I wish I did more often. If you want to get a house together let me know and we can talk more ***

Rental market is crazy expensive in Lisbon and the quality is not that good. You can get a small studio for 700 I guess, but I have a cat that needs a backyard and thus the desire to get a house - I wouldn't mind living in a nice place either. I'm seeing these houses with pool and big backyard and they are amazing, but I can't pay that much alone.

In either case, let me know about your studio when/if you open one, and I might come for some classes at least :-D

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi dawntennis11, Welcome.

Maybe this will help you:

Rooms & Sharing Apartments

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 93#5069704

(Post #6)

I remind you that renting houses on the south bank of Lisbon is cheaper than on the north side. And from there you have public transport (train) to the centre of Lisbon. The monthly pass for public transports costs 40 eur.

I am erasmus student and studying in University of Minho ( Guimaraes). I need a room till march 2023. Its urgent . Now em staying in a hotel. Thank you

Hi Zarar, Welcome.

Try this link:

https://www.idealista.pt/arrendar-quarto/guimaraes/

Raparigas = girls

Rapazes   = boys

Hello my name is Amanda and my husband and I are wanting to move to Portugal in Sept of 2023! We currently reside in Illinois and could use some help from anyone who has also moved from the US! I am a disabled veteran and my husband is hoping to find a job in Portugal. We are thinking about living in Lisbon or I would also like to live near the beach but also close to town since we won't have a car. We would need to be near public transportation and hopefully within walking distance to markets and such. I could really use some help! Thank you

Hi @mklj9939, Welcome.

I think medium-sized cities like Aveiro, Coimbra or Braga, or then Oeiras and Cascais (near Lisbon), or Matosinhos (near Porto) could be good choices. All are served by public transport, and close to the beach (0,5 km - 10 km).

Best Regards

@Julien

Hello,

I am an 80 year old US citizen looking to get a D7 residency visa through VFS ,and it has been very difficult to get accurate info on "Proof Of Accommodation".On their D visa form it states a"long stay"  lease is required ,but when I emailed them for specifics they sent me a message to check the check list.Which I did before asking my question.I feel like I am on a treadmill.I read in many places on the internet about needing  a one year lease to get a D7 visa but cant find it on the VFS site.

Any help would be appreciated.

MS

Hi Michael Siegel, Welcome.

In case of proof of accommodation - rentals, it seems that SEF are now requiring a one year contract. Many of the members here on the forum have already spoken about this issue. Here is some more info:

Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation (UK, USA, Canada, ...)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5123520

Post #8

Experience sharing about Visas to Portugal (D7 & others)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=971460

Forbes&InternationalLiving reports about Retirement for US citizens

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=903613

Best Regards

Hi everybody!

I am Charlotte, french native but married to a portuguese man about 15 years and living here in Lagoa Council, working in Portimao and around. I will never go back to france as Life here in Algarve is a nice dream 🥰

Speaking french, portuguese and english, I may help you if you need.

welcome to our lovely place to live 🤩

Welcome on board Charlotte !

Hoe you are enjoying your Expat life and that Lagoa/Algarve is treating you well 1f600.svg

Thank you for offering to help, it is very mush appreciated.

Feel free to participate on existing threads of the Algarve forum to reach out or interact with members.

All the best,

Bhavna

@Julien yes i will come protugal I'm fresher from nepal plyz help i will do anything work such as like=fruit picking ;packing,security,housekeeping etc so.

pleased to meet ya.  To borrow a Stones' lyric, “ Hope you guess my name.”

moved to PT.

ANSWERSWto my questions in Community Forum would be hugely appreciated.

thanks in advance.

best,

from Frank in Tavira

Hello we are in Senegal me and my friend. But we want to find the means to come over there to Portugal because we are ready to immigrate to work as breadwinners.

Hello Ouzin Demba,

Welcome to expat.com 1f601.svg

Could you please tell us what are you planning on doing when you get there?

What do you do for a living in your current country? Have you started to look for a job in Portugal?

It is recommended to have a job before moving.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien

Hlo sir

My name is Sonu chhetri I'm am from Nepal and my family background is good and my dream Country is Portugal and my dream is study and working in Portugal and i havea experience in motercycle machanic job and I'm study in bachelor degree in good University and my family is poor

My wife and I have spent a lot of time exploring Portugal and finally decided to relocate to Caldas da Rainha on the Silver Coast.  About 1 hour drive to Lisbon.  About a 15 minute drive to several beautiful beaches.  We are from Tampa, Florida, USA.  My wife is originally from Sumy, Ukraine in Eastern Ukraine.  We are relocating to enjoy a better quality of life.  I am a retired businessman and my wife a retired school teacher.  This past February, we purchased a new apartment that was being built.  We will actually move to Caldas this next March.  We love Caldas with it's Farmers Market open 7 days a week; it's Seafood Market open 6 days a week; it's friendly people; it's weather; and so much more. 

Max & Lana

Hi Max,

This youtube channel, Josie in Portugal, may be useful to you, as this american couple also lives in Caldas da Rainha:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKgXQe … Z1w/videos

Best Regards

@Julien

Hello all,

My name is Alan. My partner Katherine and I are seriously considering Portugal as our retirement destination.

I am a semi-retired college professor (manufacturing) and Katherine is also a college professor (nursing) and a nurse/social worker.

We are fed up with the contentious politics in the USA, and the gun happy mind set.

We are attracted to Portugal for its climate, culture, history, and geography.

We currently reside in northern Florida.

We will be coming to Portugal in December, and would be anxious to meet other people whom have made Portugal their retirement choice.

Peace

Alan

Hello Alan,

Welcome to Expat.com !

I hope you will love Portugal !

Feel free to read the Living in Portugal guide for expats to gather as much details possible about what is important to know before moving to Portugal.

You can also participate on existing threads of the Portugal forum or create your own thread whilst posting your questions so as to interact with members.

all the best,

Bhavna

@coralthunder Hello, we are Australian too and have just moved to a village outside Tomar.  Love it here.  I cannot believe how widely English is spoken.

Have lived in the UK for 13 years but moved here so I can get my Age pension from OZ which I have.  Best decision I've made is to live here.  Tried France but diabolical bureaucracy.  Hope you reply.  Glenn

I'm from India.I want to come to portugal. Plz help me.

Hi Glenn, Welcome.

There is a lot of information here on the forum. You can use the search function.

Best Regards

@sequenom

Be sure to check out the Silver Coast which is about 1 hour North of Lisbon.  In particular, look at Caldas da Rainha. 

Hello sequenom,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Feel free to start a new thread on the Portugal forum if you want to discuss any topic.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Hello, my name is Marouane, I am 22 years old, from Morocco. I am looking for a job as an electrician and work in anything else

@Julien

Hello

My name is Lesley and my partner and I moved from the UK to the Algarve in July 2022. We have holidayed here for many years but decided this year to move permanently and obtained D7 visas (we're retired). My partner now has his residency permit and I should get mine in January. We used an immigration lawyer and we're glad we did.

I'm a dual national - NZ & UK - and spent 25 years of my adult working life in the UK.

Welcome on board, Lesley !

Hope you will enjoy the forum and interact with our dear members.

All the best,

Bhavna

@zubeala

My wife and I live in Tampa, Florida, but are in the process of reloacting to Portugal for many of the same reasons you stated.  We have purchased a new apartment in Caldas da Rainha on the Silver Coast.    We will be in Portugal in January and plan on our actual move in March.   We would like to meet you for a glass of wine or cup of coffee.  Contact me for a personal chat if you are interested.  We have spent lots of time exploring Portugal and decided the Silver Coast was best for us. 

Max & Lana Mitchell

@Julien  Sure I will

Hello hawnan157,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Could you please tell us more about yourself?

Are you planning on relocating to Portugal sometime soon?

How do you think we can assist you here?

Feel free to give us more details.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@John Tavares

Hello sir I am sohail Janan I from pakistan. I m new here .I want to some information in you.

[link moderated]

My yahoo mail.plz contact me.

Thanku very much

@John Tavares
Hello sir I am sohail Janan I from pakistan. I m new here .I want to some information in you.
[link under review]
My yahoo mail.plz contact me.
Thanku very much
-@Sohailjanan12

If you would like information please ask in the forum by starting a new post. But please don't post any personal details as that is not permitted.

Hello,

Partner and I have both applied for D-7 and my partner has just been approved beginning Jan 28. Excited to finally get started. As yo can imagine we have lots of questions. Hoping to use the forum to navigate through it all. We are coming from San Francisco and looking at properties in the north in Porto.

Hello, I am Issaka Bukari, from Ghana(Africa) and I have been doing much of research about Portugal because I want to visit, and I came across this forum. I wish to make friends or know people there before coming.

Thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013137

Thanks!

Closed