New members of the Portugal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Portugal forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Portugal if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi All,

I am an Aussie living in the Cascais area of Portugal. I am keen to connect and make some english speaking friends either in Cascais or Lisbon!

Thanks!

Hi I'm Hassan I was fisherman at vessel at Morocco 10 ago I'm now at Lisbon I look for the some work again any can assist me will be thankful for him

Have a great that guys

Hello Hassan,  Welcome on board !

please drop an advert in the Jobs in Portugal section of the website.

Thank you,

Bhavna

Hello luckykumar41617,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Anything you would like to tell us?

For example, why are you here? Are you looking for some pieces of advice/information?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi, all I am currently living in the UK and am looking to move to the Algarve. I am a health and wellness coach. I will be looking to find work in the hospitality or spa industry. I also love meeting new people.

Hello Janeettenapier,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to create an advert and your CV in the Jobs in Portugal section of the website to give your search a boost.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi, all I am currently living in the UK and am looking to move to the Algarve. I am a health and wellness coach. I will be looking to find work in the hospitality or spa industry. I also love meeting new people.
-@jannettenapier

Hi jannettenapier, Welcome.

Some job offers related with Spa here:

https://emprego.mitula.pt/emprego/terapeuta-spa-algarve

https://pt.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Spa

Best Regards

@Julien  This is me Ramkumar Kadariya, Originally from Nepal and currently staying in Portugal, Could you please guide me to find job.

Thank you so much and looking forward

Ramkumar Kadariya

Porto, Portugal

@Julien This is me Ramkumar Kadariya, Originally from Nepal and currently staying in Portugal, Could you please guide me to find job.

Thank you so much and looking forward

Ramkumar Kadariya
Porto, Portugal
-@kadhimal

We can't find you a job, we are not a job agency, but please look at the job section at the top of the page. Good luck.

@julien @Julien  Hello ! My name is Jo, I am an US citizen. My daughter is 13 and has a dual US/ Italian citizenship. I am an educator(teacher). I am planning to buy a property in Portugal but cannot afford one that would qualify me under the Golden visa. I was wondering if I could qualify in a different way because my daughter is Italian?

Hi yndaddar, Welcome.

I don't think that will be possible. It would only be possible if the ascendants of the EU citizen were dependents, which is not your case...

Residence Card for third-country nationals who are family members of EU/EEA/Switzerland nationals

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 33#5104571

(Post #9)

Best Regards

Hi, good day! I am Sherman, currently working in Doha as a professional photographer, Videographer with graphic design and editing knowledge. Willing to move to Portugal with my family.

@Julien Thank you so much for your information.

I am Basant kumar bhattarai from Nepal.

I am searching agricultural work like fruit packing in Portugal.

@yndaddar hello! You don't have to buy a property under the Golden Visa scheme, only if you want to get a citizenship after 5 years.

All nationalities are allowed to buy properties in Portugal, and even banks finance certain percentage to foreigners, you don't even have to have residency here. I'm a real estate buyer's agent and most of my clients are foreigners don't live in Porto and buy properties with bank loans

@Julien Thank you so much for your information.
I am Basant kumar bhattarai from Nepal.
I am searching agricultural work like fruit packing in Portugal.
-@basantkumarbhattarai

Hello Basant,

Welcome to expat.com!

I invite you to thoroughly read the Living in Portugal guide for expats. You will get all the information that you require regarding work there.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi, we are a couple, aged 54 & 55, we have been to Portugal so many times, we feel it's home for us and have decided to move there this year. We are going to apply for D7 visa. We need advice on health insurance for Portugal, I have the following medical conditions Diabetes Type 2, I had a stent put in 2016, my wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Bronchiectasis, currently we do take a lot of medication for these conditions. I wanted any advice on health insurance companies, how we would get medication, what happens with medical insurance when you apply for D7 visa.

The nice Portuguese climate should help with our medical conditions

Thanks

Hi, we are a couple, aged 54 & 55, we have been to Portugal so many times, we feel it's home for us and have decided to move there this year. We are going to apply for D7 visa. We need advice on health insurance for Portugal, I have the following medical conditions Diabetes Type 2, I had a stent put in 2016, my wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Bronchiectasis, currently we do take a lot of medication for these conditions. I wanted any advice on health insurance companies, how we would get medication, what happens with medical insurance when you apply for D7 visa.
The nice Portuguese climate should help with our medical conditions
Thanks
-@poogies201057

Welcome,

I suggest that you read this post here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=931521

Regards

SimCityAT

Expat Team

Hi,

We're a family of 4 waiting for our SEF appointment before we move to PT.

All tips and recommendations on how to reach SEF are appreciated!! 1f64f.svg

@Julien Hello everyone I live in Coimbra Portugal.  i need work  I know English and don't know portgusse.😅😅

Hello Nishan,

Welcome to expat.com!

Hello everyone I live in Coimbra Portugal

May I kindly what is the purpose of your stay in Portugal?

Are you studying there?

Also, in which sector would you like to work?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@belindafishwick

Hello, i am Ivan from Angouleme France and planing to moove to Portugal, I am about to see different peaople around in order to buy a piece of land for a living. I a m a retraité.

Hello - My Name is Joseph. I am looking to move to Portugal in the coming years - once I retire from my current employment in the US. I will not be looking for a job - but would love to get in touch with anyone else -from the US, who has either moved, or is looking to make a move to any part of Western Europe.

Hi Joseph, Welcome.

Maybe this will help you:

Facebook groups

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 30#5505120

(Post #17)

Experience sharing about Visas to Portugal (D7 & others)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 60#5334399

(Post #4 - USA)

Best Regards

I hope and I beleave to go one Day in Portugal 🇵🇹 I like their culture, There country.

I would like to shout Siuuuuuuuu😎⚽️ like Ronaldo

@Gabrie.laa Are you doing well?

You know each country determined access to real estate according to the needs of the population and their nationality.

On the other hand, for example, I am Senegalese and I would like to visit Portugal because it is a country that I like very much but I do not have the opportunity or opportunity to apply for a visa. It depends on the country's policy.

@Julien

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of documents that I need to take with me for interview with SEF, Portugal?

I already submitted all the required docs to Portugal Consulate and just recently received a D7 Visa with 4 months duration and an appointment with SEF, Porugal.

Thanks

J

Hi jrajasegera,

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5388099

(Post #23)

Best Regards

@JohnnyPT

Thank you kindly!

Hi, we have our appt. to submit our D7 in Manchester at the end of March.  I have all my documents in place apart from "Request for criminal record enquiry by the Immigration and Border Services (SEF)" as per VSF and SEF websites.  Is this a form I have to print and sign of is it something I have to apply for.

I have applied for my Police record certificate here in the UK through ACRO.  It says with the Hague Apostille (is applicable), or legalised.  Not sure if this is relevant, or if the actual certificate is suffice.

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

PT criminal record certificate is accessed by SEF.

Criminal record certificates

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 42#5212199

(Post #10)

Best Regards

Hello I am a Portuguese citizen and am planning to move back home from uk . I hold a hgv licence and  woundering how I can find a job from the uk in portugal porto as that's where I want to live and work and where I can find a place to live I don't mind a share house for the time beeing till.i get myself on my own feet. Thanks everyone for your help 🙏

Hi!

I just received my D7 Visa for four months. Now making arrangements to travel for SEF interview.

I understand from this website that I need to take all the docs that I already submitted to Portugal Consulate.

Does this mean copies or originals. I had submitted all the originals when I initially applied to the Portugal Consulate.

For example, the US criminal record, original was submitted to Portugal Consulate. I do have a copy. Or does SEF interview require another original?

Also understand that I don't need provide lease agreement, as my friends have given me an invitation letter to stay with them, up until I find suitable rentals or purchase a flat.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you kindly!

viji

@Julien My name is sima ranjit singh.I,m from india state Punjab city gurdaspur. My qualification 12th  other iti diploma welder and  D pharmacy  and 3 year experience pharmacist practishner.

@Monty Singh17 Hi Monty, Do you already living in Portugal ? What are you looking for exactly ?

Hi All!

First of all, need to thank the admins and @JohnnyPT to keep this forum really active and very effective.

I'm Sri Lankan and SQA Architect, came to Lisbon 18th of Feb, under D7. This was my first visit to EU countries and it was an exciting experience. Though I was not able to find a preferable apartment in Lisbon, move today to Marinha Grande near Lieria. I hope Portugal would be next home. :P

Thanks!

@Julien

Hi,

I am waiting for a permanent resident visa, but am currently here in Cela on a tourist visa. I came from Northern California and lived in California for a long time, but I was born in Taiwan.

I just got here a week ago and would love to start building connections with folk.

@Julien Dear sir, can you help me to come to portugal on work visa. but it should be agricultural visa

Hello mdhasan01017,

Welcome to expat.com!

I am interested

In what exactly are you interested? How can we help you?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello JustinKl2,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

If you don't mind, could you please tell us why you want to relocate to Portugal?

Do you speak Portuguese?

What about a job or even accommodation?

Feel free to tell us more about your plans.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Closed