New members of the Argentina forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Argentina forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Argentina if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello!

My name is Dominyka, a lithuanian interested in relocating to Argentina and in search for career opportunities there. I have bachelors and master's degrees from Denmark Universities (VIA University College and Aalborg University) with education in construction management and technology.

I have working experience from Paris in project management consulting and currently live in Lithuania working in a construction company with projects of various scale.

I am looking for networking possibilities/advice for searching for job and moving to Argentina, especially in construction - real estate industry.

Any insights or just a conversation would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

Hi!  Love to discuss more with you as someone who is just a week or so in to considering this and wondering what you have done so far. 

@Julien  Hello my friend.  My name is Ty.  I met The One, living in Buenos Aires, 6/13/20…. We planned for 2 years, all while your border was closed,  about our house, our animals, our future, together.  I bought 20,000 worth of land, to show her, my heart was true.  She couldn't wait for me anymore, to arrive… The border stayed closed. .  I'll be on the land, I bought for us, soon , hopefully.  She married somebody else…. Love, in the time, of Covid, broke both, my heart, and soul…I will never ever, forget this Angel, that I never got to meet.    To my wonderful friend, Angel.  I hope we meet soon, my friend…. So we can get started building a beautiful home, for the Queen, that will never see it…

@Julien  My name is Sunday Ojebisi, the reliable man, and devoted Christian, i'm planning to travel down to Argentina, to register and estthablish my company there,  i love yo meet people around the world, i love honest people..  perhaps i will be happy, if someone can enlighten me all what i need to register my company in Argentina, and to get my register Bank account,, e t.c,

Thanks
@Julien

Good day, my name is Ashley. I have an estancia in Neuquen, northern Patagonia of 40,000 hectares and am offering shares in part of the estancia to put together an ex pat community of some 20 members to build homesteads with rights to use and enjoy the beautiful lands.

There is a very reasonable initial payment and then monthly contributions.

Cheers
Hi Ashley,

could you please post an ad in the housing section ?

thanks
@Julien Hola,
My husband and I are retired and seriously considering moving to Villa Carlos Paz.  We have a son-in-law, daughter, and three grandchildren who have been living there for nine years. We would appreciate any pros and cons, and advice.
Respectfully,
Ann
Julien,

Sure. However I investigated doing what you said and could not find a way to "advertise" on housing.

Care to clarify?

thanks,

ashley
ashley,  if you go to the housing section and scroll down just a bit, on the right hand side you will see a box with a button, Post It Here.  Just click on that button and you can create your ad.
Hello, I'm Kevin, I'm married to an Argentina lady and at present we are living in England. I lived with her in Argentina for a couple of years but a) she always wanted to try England and b) living in Tucuman was very hard for me due to the climate.
However, she's struggling to find work as a teacher and despite becoming entitled to UK residency in January, we are considering a move back to Argentina. It would most likely to be the cooler south but wherever it is, inflation is a massive worry.
I'm almost 70 and have fixed income pensions ( I lose the UK inflation uprating if moving to Argentina) My wife ( 56 ) should get a pro-rata teachers' pension as she worked in that job for 20 years, albeit part time. But, inflation is really my main concern.
I know the blue dollar market was very favourable when I was there in 2015/17 but inflation was about 17% then. Anyway, I'm rambling. Hello everyone. I'd also like to improve my Spanish so if anyone wants to help with that please let me know. Thanks

Hello Kevin,

I have been living in Argentina in Patagonia for some 30 years and have never minded inflation very much as I have a cattle ranch so the price of beef tends to keep pace with inflation. If you have an ongoing pension you should be covered.

The dollar is plenty powerful these days with a fine malbec going for two bucks - plus labor is cheap.

We are offering an ex pat community on our lands, see patagonialandhavens for information...it might be of good interest for you.

Estancia is at [link moderated]

cheers,

ashley

Hi all 👋

Ive been drawn to Argentina for a decade now- the culture, history, & nature among other things. Plus I speak conversational Spanish.

I am now in a position where I have the freedom to live anywhere in the world and am exploring this as a very real possibility.

I'm beyond excited to be visiting for the first time 9/2-9/16. Seriously it's been hard to sleep! Part-vacation, part-scouting trip.

I would love, love, love to meet-up with any friendly ex-pats in either Cordoba or Buenos Aires and learn about their experiences.

I can promise you a free meal, drinks, my gratitude, and some laughs along the way in return 😁 

Hello gregorylsf,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the intro!

The best way to meet new people is to post an advert in the Argentina classifieds section.

Note that you will get more reach as the advert will automatically appear in the weekly newsletter.

Feel free to start a new thread on the Argentina forum to share your experience as an expat so far. It would be nice to hear your story. 1f60a.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello! My name is Finn. I'm coming to Argentina for the first time next week. I will be based in Cordoba and plan on staying for a couple of months. I'll be taking spanish classes and working my job remotely. I'd love to meet up with anyone to get tea or just walk around.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013401

Thanks!

Closed