New members of the Argentina forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Argentina forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Argentina if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi!

I'm Swedish and my wife is Argentine and becomes from General Guemes in the province of Salta. In a maximum of 5 years from now we are planning to live in Argentina, probably in the province of Salta, for a period of 6-12 months. I'm curious about the expat community in Salta and that is why I have become a member here. My wife is the field of health, I'm in chemical engineering and our 1-year old son is interested in everything 😉

//Niklas Elm

Hi Niklas.

Welcome to the forum. Can't speak too much about living in the Salta region, but I'm in the mining industry and potentially planning a move not too far from Salta, in San Juan with a mini g company. I know the area is rich with mines and thus with expats, might be Australians, Canadians and Americans though.

In yout field of Chem Eng, and your wife is health, and your son in "everything", i'm sure your family will be an asset in the region.

Cheers

hi not allowed to speak spanish here?

yongfeng yan, this forum is primarlily an English-speaking one although no one really cares if you write a bit of Spanish. If you wish to write in Spanish in the Argentina forum, you may begin by introducing yourself here and then post or respond to any topics you desire in Spanish:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012937

Hello

My interest in the Argentina-Uruguay cultural area also entails awareness of the history and current reality of its people. Any comment or view regarding the Fundación Favaloro has an special value to me.

You can listen to René Favaloro his and his principles, yet the Fundación he started could never turn into a reflection of his thought or even follow his own basic goals. Any non-institutional insight will be welcomed

Hiya. My names RJ. My wife and I will be moving to Cordoba, Argentina, in about 2 months and are very excited (and anxious and nervous). We're reading up on as much as we can about it and just about can't wait, it looks like it has a lot to offer. We even already started studying Spanish, and we've enrolled at the university of Cordoba there to take Spanish classes once we arrive.

We're currently stressing out cuz of the prep work, trying to figure out how to exchange our currency (as we currently live in China, so we have to get a lot of CNY exchanged to USD, which isn't easy), finding a place to stay once we arrive, dealing with issues about how to travel with our pets, and finding the best (most economical) way of moving our things there.  I'll probably post another threat soon in asking about a moving process (mainly easiest way, such as sending packages vs paying for extra bags), but just wanted to start with an introduction.

Looking forward to being there,

RJ

Hello
My interest in the Argentina-Uruguay cultural area also entails awareness of the history and current reality of its people. Any comment or view regarding the Fundación Favaloro has an special value to me.
You can listen to René Favaloro his and his principles, yet the Fundación he started could never turn into a reflection of his thought or even follow his own basic goals. Any non-institutional insight will be welcomed
-@danmarquesp

This post consisted of a text both in English and Spanish. Now the Spanish translation is gone.

It makes no sense.  The question  was mainly intended to Argentinean people who don´t master English.

Yet the really upsetting issue was the new removal of doctor René Favaloro's memory, in his own language and to his own country.

Find he reason if you feel like it.

Hello @Danmarquesp,

My response is off-topic on the New Members thread as this thread is only meant for members to introduce themselves and share a few words on why they want to move to Argentina. I apologise to new members reading this thread/post.

However, I need you clarify a few points :

You are participating on the Argentina Anglophone forum where you are required to write only in English according to the forum code of conduct.

Should you want to write in Spanish, you can do so on the Spanish speaking Argentina Forum : Foro Argentina

You can also switch languages at the bottom of this webpage next to sitemap :

English

Portuguese

Italiano

Español

Français.

In regards to René Favaloro, we discuss only topics pertaining to expatriation on this forum. Should you want to discuss about anything else, I suggest you open a new topic on the Expat Cafe - open discussions (English) or El bar de los expatriados (Spanish)

Should you want your above posts removed from the anglophone forum please report your post (report button) we will remove it.

Regards

Bhavna

OK. We are simple guests not voters. Forums set their rules, made to be followed. The Argentina Spanish forum is not really bustling with activity. It really puzzles me that no translation into Spanish (or, rather, 'castellano') is allowed in the Anglophone forum. We are talking about English and Argentina... Not being allowed to use castellano and having to talk about this country in English only is a historically thorny issue.    I´m a Spaniard though, and won´t push it.

Thanks for the suggestions and the links provided.

Hello. I introduce myself here. Greetings to all.

Hi everyone,

It's Selo from Türkiye. I am 25 and have been living as a digital nomad for the last few years. I was traveling mostly around Asia and have been living in Sri Lanka for almost a year. I will move to Buenos Aires on 25 August and plan to live there for a couple of years to master my Spanish and study digital marketing at university.

Just signed up for this forum and found it really helpful!

Thanks.

Hello and welcome Selo !

If you are looking for info, feel free to create a topic of your own on the Buenos Aires forum.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi. I'm Sandra. I'm Argentinian living in Mexico since 2000. I'm married with a Mexican and has a child, and I'm visiting my family in Rosario every December since then.

I joined this forum trying to help a cousin that lives in Canada. He is Argentinian and wants to go back, after 40 years of living in Canada.

He has a lot of doubts on how to go back for good,

I hope I can find the answers or at least a guidance for him

Thanks!

Sandra

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056232

Thanks!

Closed