Covid test before a flight

Good day everyone.  I am going to the Capital a few days before my flight back to the US.  Where can I get a covid test. How quickly am I able to recieve the results?

Where are you located?

If you are in Las Terrenas, your best bet is the international clinic, located in the town. They offer antigen test for like US$ 40.  The result is within minutes, but documenation is more like 2-4 hours.  So do it in thr AM and pick it up in the afternoon. 

In SD, there is Amadita at the airport, with a $35 antigen. Only issue is they close early.

Every lab in the country and it takes 2-6 hours

In the capital,  as that is where you said you will be,  there are many labs!  It depends what test you need to do!

Antigen  is everywhere and takes   a couple hours.

PCR  takes  24 to 36 hours it seems.  Best bet for those  Amadita and Referencia  labs

I am in Las Terranas but I am going to the capital on monday for 6 days before I leave

thanks, do you know what is needed for to travel back to the US.  I can certainly look it up, but if you know....

Too expensive at int'l clinic.  Go to Sireny on el Carmen $70.00 us.  You must get pcr test for entry to the 🇺🇸 72 hrs before.  Las terrenas

In las Terranas?  Will it still be valid six days later?

thanks, Found the labs on US embassy website

The Int'l Clinic in LT can do an antigen test and give you results immediately. Dave did that in August and went it, got tested, and walked out with his test results in about 15 minutes. Depending on when you are leaving for the capital, you might be able to knock it out in LT before you leave.

If you are flying after November 8 and don't have proof of vaccine, you have to have a negative test result no more than 1 day before traveling. If vaccinated, your result just has to be within 3 days of travel.

gcl1221 wrote:

Too expensive at int'l clinic.  Go to Sireny on el Carmen $70.00 us.  You must get pcr test for entry to the 🇺🇸 72 hrs before.  Las terrenas

Only the antigen test is required for US travel. And it's only 2300 DOP at the International Clinic.

So you need to test in Santo Domingo.

Always best to get the latest info on requirements directly from the source - your airline and the CDC web site on International Travel

I think it's best

planner wrote:

In the capital,  as that is where you said you will be,  there are many labs!  It depends what test you need to do!

Antigen  is everywhere and takes   a couple hours.

PCR  takes  24 to 36 hours it seems.  Best bet for those  Amadita and Referencia  labs

They can send the result by email.

Test must be performed within a specific window of time!

Amadita has an app easily found. Google it. It will show you locations, allow you to book, make payment, etc ... There are many locations and you get your results via email within hours.