U.S. SOCIAL SECURITY COLA 2022

FYI:

A screenshot from an email sent to me by the US Social Security Administration.

Anyone receiving US Veterans Administration benefits will also see the same percentage raise:

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2021/10/screenshot_20211013-144544_gmail.jpg

Hello Oceanbeach92107,

Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

It's quite a jump, but as always, not enough to really keep up with rising costs of food, gas, utilities...

Well from a person who crossed the border on Oct 1st so has seen both sides recently.  US inflation is going insane last year me and my wife could buy filet at SAMS club for $10 pound.... before we left it was at $20 a pound!

Now down here we have not seen a massive increase like that unless you were getting filet for $2.50 a pound a year ago because we are paying just $5 usd a pound right now.

So I consider myself lucky to be in mexico with this super inflation going on in the states.

Being that both myself and my wife have VA coming in and just me right now with SS that 5.6 will go much farther down here than in the USA. Big reason for us to make this move really.

And my reasons for becoming an expat just get better and better.  Really looking forward to getting there.

What is the name of the border pass that lets you go to the really expedited crossing lane?

Not sure but when we crossed it was a Friday morning and we didn't have a line at all. Just payed our toll and they looked in one box in our trunk and looked at our cat and we were done.

Thanks for the response.

Warene

wwallassociates wrote:

And my reasons for becoming an expat just get better and better.  Really looking forward to getting there.

What is the name of the border pass that lets you go to the really expedited crossing lane?

"Sentri" is a program of the US government that gives you (and your vehicle registered with the program) quick crossing from South in Mexico to North in the United States.

It has nothing to do with crossing into Mexico

Note: everyone in your vehicle must have "Sentri".

Also, please avoid taking threads off of topic if possible. It's in the forum code of conduct.

Much more desirable is that you create a new thread with your question that is not on topic for a particular thread

Hello llanosedward4,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for these figures but you have unfortunately commented on an old thread.

I invite you to start by introducing yourself on the thread New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team