VTL - Smart Health Card QR code error for VTP

Hello!
I am trying to apply for a VTP for my mom who is coming from NY state. The VTP requires that US-vaccinated travelers upload their Smart Health Card QR code. Mom has an Excelsior Pass Plus, which is built on the Smart Health Card network. It does not have a Smart Health Card logo on it though.

Whenever I try to upload her Excelsior Pass Plus into the form, I get an error message that 'Unable to read QR code. Please upload a valid QR code.'

Is there a problem with the Excelsior Pass Plus? Is anyone else having this problem? Does the Excelsior Pass Plus need to be uploaded into some sort of app and then regenerated into a different format?

I noticed that dates are in a different format on the EPP (MM/DD/YY) than the VTP application (DD/MM/YYYY). But that is common in the US and I would have thought Singapore would have foreseen that. But could this be a problem if mom's birthday doesn't seem to match because of formatting?

Also her EPP does not show her middle name, and the VTP makes a big deal about identifiers matching exactly.

Grateful for input or commiseration!

I assume this is a question about the format of your USA vaccination pass.
Thus please ask your USA provider or on the USA forum.
Here (Singapore) nobody will know about this.

As far as I understand, QR codes (for the vaccine dosages) are essential for entry into SG hence as Beppi suggested, get in touch with the relevant authorities in the US and sort it out.

greetings! i think you have to use the SMART health qr code, based on the FAQs at the ICA web site. the one i got from virginia took me 5 minutes to obtain, so i believe new york should be just as easy?

i am having problems with the ICA web site though, even though i have the SMART health qr code. it's demanding 2 codes, even though SMART health only has 1. i have emailed ICA for its assistance.

Just as a follow up, the Excelsior Pass Plus (EPP) is a Smart Health Card. The problem was that the certificate did not show my mom's middle name. When you request the EPP, there is no field for the middle name.

I am from The Netherlands and I am having troubles uploading as well.

In Netherlands we only get 1 code for 2 doses. We get 2 QR codes, one for inside Netherlands and one for outside Netherlands. If I upload the EU one, it says verified. When I upload the Dutch one, it says this one is invalid. If I upload just the one, it says I need 2.

I have called the Singapore Embassy in Brussel and they say I need 1 QR code per dose. This is not the way this works in the Netherlands. There is no QR code per dose.  I have called the Dutch health agency, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and also the makers of the QR codes. They all cannot help me with this :(

I have contacted the ISA Safe travel and I am waiting for a reply.

Hey, can you please elaborate on using the same QR code twice? Did you just upload the QR code image or the entire vaccination form? Appreciate any help you can provide!

thanks so much for the reply, I tried it just now but no luck. it does say 'verified' when I upload it a second time, but then when it return 'information in QR code does not meet requirements' - did you get this too?

I will keep trying with different versions of the QR code, any chance your parents are coming from Virginia as that's where my husband's smart check card is from!

hello FD. i have the same error as you. the 2nd qr code upload is verified for 10 seconds before returning the error. i tried saving the 2nd qr code upload different as CG suggested, but no luck. i can't believe i'm asking this, but CG, what were the differences between your 1st and 2nd qr code files hahaha. ICA has made me (us) into a hacker.

in any event, thanks for the help!

FD, i'm from virginia trying to move to SG. hmmm, i'm beginning to wonder if it's our smart health cards/qr codes that are the difference here. nonetheless, ICA should take all of them!

I think it might come down to a VA problem, hearing that other residents have similar issues. Which is why I was wondering what state worked above. so far no luck, if you are stateside, maybe give virginia dept of health a call and see if they can split it? we have been trying to get in touch but no luck.

in the meantime, the Singapore side hasn't figured out any solutions as far as I can tell.

do let us know about the QR codes!

also having trouble with a CT record

thanks for the info on your parents qr codes. i have applied for vaccinecheck; let's give it a whirl. out of alternatives, and who knows how long ICA will take?

the virginia qr codes are in the SMART system. the verifier scans them, but unfortunately, it doesn't matter. the VTP forms seems to randomly dislike qr codes from virginia, netherlands, france, italy, among unknown others.

Thanks, CG for sharing your experience.  I got my both doses in WA. When I first uploaded with just 1 QR, I got the same error as you did i.e. Error Code 500

Based on your suggestion, I tried uploading the same QR twice using the 2 QR option. However, I got a different error message: 'QR Code uploaded is invalid. Please check the validity of your vaccination certificat'

So curious to know if you faced the validity issue or not?

PS: I don't have a middle name, so all my details should match.

hello KM. for me, when i upload the virginia smart qr code, i obtain "verified." when i upload it again (or some separate file variant as CG suggested), i get "verified" for 5 seconds ... and then the error you obtained. such a tease. driving me bonkers.

hopefully vaccinecheck is the answer. some americans are getting through as evidenced by the VTP numbers in the strait times. i wonder what states' qr codes are working. anyone out there that obtained VTP without using vaccinecheck?

Anyone knows what service I can use in the US to generate the QR code? CT doesnt have much digital platform so i dont have any QR code to use. Appreciate your help.

DB0882 wrote:

Anyone knows what service I can use in the US to generate the QR code? CT doesnt have much digital platform so i dont have any QR code to use. Appreciate your help.

As CG mentioned above, he or she successfully used a site called "VaccineCheck" (vaccinecheck.us, not sure if the link will work) to obtain QR codes for parents who are not part of a SMART health card state. I also ordered these QR codes as my Virginia one is not working. "VaccineCheck" uses the SMART health QR code system.

Thank you, i just asked my gf to use vaccinecheck, lets see how it goes.

Hi Loren,
Thanks for the answer.

@DB0882 : I used ConnectHealth App. All I need to enter my name, address and date of birth. The QR code generated has a SMART logo as well. Its just that VTP is giving me error.

Greetings! Just want to let everyone knows that the SMART Health QR code from vaccinecheck.us came in today ... and it works on the ICA VTL/VTP form! And I only had to upload it once (not twice as previously suggested). The VaccineCheck QR code seems to be a bit more complicated than the Smart Health QR code I obtained from the state of Virginia.

I was going to thank CG who recommended it here in this thread, but seems like said person has removed all of the postings. Well, anyways, thank you whoever you are!

The link is "vaccinecheck.us." Hope it works for everyone having trouble!

Loren Tung wrote:

Greetings! Just want to let everyone knows that the SMART Health QR code from vaccinecheck.us came in today ... and it works on the ICA VTL/VTP form! And I only had to upload it once (not twice as previously suggested). The VaccineCheck QR code seems to be a bit more complicated than the Smart Health QR code I obtained from the state of Virginia.

I was going to thank CG who recommended it here in this thread, but seems like said person has removed all of the postings. Well, anyways, thank you whoever you are!

The link is "vaccinecheck.us." Hope it works for everyone having trouble!

Excellent!!! How many days did it take before you received your QR from vaccinecheck?

Thanks, Loren for the update. Also, thanks to CG wherever he is. I have applied for Vaccinecheck and it says that I will get my QR code in 3-5 business days.

Hi! Can anyone with a VaccineCheck QR code verify if it is scannable with the "Smart Health Card Verifier" app created by The Commons Project?

From what I understand, the requirements are "Only the Smart Health Card (SHC) format, issued by Canada or the USA on the Common Trust Network are accepted (starting 19 Oct 2021)", aka scannable by the app created by The Commons Project.

Greetings !

I got my new QR code through Vaccinecheck and it was accepted by the VTP portal.

michele28ice wrote:

Hi! Can anyone with a VaccineCheck QR code verify if it is scannable with the "Smart Health Card Verifier" app created by The Commons Project?

From what I understand, the requirements are "Only the Smart Health Card (SHC) format, issued by Canada or the USA on the Common Trust Network are accepted (starting 19 Oct 2021)", aka scannable by the app created by The Commons Project.

Yes, the VaccineCheck QR code is a SMART Health QR code and is scannable by the downloadable Verifier.

Hi, can anyone suggest suitable app to get new QR code for VTP application, singapore.. Thanks in advance.

Just an update, VTL got approved using the vaccinecheck.us

For Dutch nationals trying to apply for a VTP but have trouble with the requirement for 2 QR codes, the solution is simple: Update your CoronaCheck app in the App Store; re-upload your vaccinatiebewijs using DigiD. Once you have done this, you will have 2 QR codes in your app.

My VaccineCheck Qr code was accepted on the VTP application and VTL has been approved. A few days later and I am scanning (just to double-check it still works) the VaccineCheck QR code using the "Smart Health Card Verifier" app created by The Commons Project and it shows "Not Verified - This SMART Health Card cannot be verified. It may have been corrupted."

This has me worried we may be denied boarding at the gate. Does anybody know if Singapore Airlines is scanning and verifying at the gate as well?

This doc states VaccineCheck.us should work (https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ … gapore.pdf) but in real life on-the-ground and at-the-gate, I don't know if it actually works.

Nevermind! figured it out. It seems the vaccineCheck Qr code periodically refreshes (I assume for security). Best to use the direct link if you ever need to present it for scanning :)

How did you get VaccineCheck QR code to work again? My in-laws couldn't get their VaccineCheck-issued QR codes to scan at JFK. Luckily they were able to get an SQ supervisor override to be allowed to check in, and then had to run through TSA to get to the gate just in time for the flight to leave :( Now we are very worried about them clearing immigration at Changi :(

The QR codes used to showed Verified when I used the Verifier app to check. But today, after hearing their check-in problems, I used the Verifier app to check the QR code generated from the direct link and saw the error message that the issuer is not recognized, so it's only a partial verification. Yikes.

Hello, I am currently located in Chicago and aiming to enter Singapore in the mid of December 2021. I knew that Vaccinecheck.us was the only option for me since I got vaccinated in Chicago (Walgreens) but since yesterday, Vaccine Check is no longer the issuer under Common Trust Network...

Does anyone have idea where I should apply for my QR code? I have only 2.5 more weeks to apply for VTP, otherwise, I will need to apply for Entry Approval to enter Singapore via FTL...

Thank you for your help!

I thought I saw Walgreens on the list of issuers for SMART QR code. How come you can't get the QR code from them?

My parents are in Florida and got their shots through the county, so we are pretty much out of options :( I am pondering whether they should redo their vaccination by getting a J&J shot at a pharmacy chain that is on the list of issuers. Feels very wrong and such a stupid thing to have to do. But we might not have other options given how Singapore only accepts very narrow lists of vaccination QR code and we don't know why VaccineCheck was removed from the list of issuers.

How did Singapore Border Control respond to the VaccineCheck QR code?

My VTP is approved (applied a few days ago so I guess I got lucky), but I am supposed to fly out of JFK in 1.5 weeks and am worried we'll be denied boarding in case Singapore Airlines changes their procedures...

And I can confirm that Walgreens does not have a vaccination SHC QR code yet. They only have SHC QR codes available for their ID Now Covid Test.

Lastly--did your in-laws have any recommendations on the best place to get the PCR done with a 48 hour guaranteed turnaround? Since JFK - SIN is typically a night flight, it ends up being more of a 36 hour turnaround that has me worried as well.

Unfortunately, Walgreens doesn't provide a QR code yet... I emailed Common Trust Network and the representative got back to me. She said Walgreens will be one of issuers within a few weeks but that's not really secure :(

I also talked to a representative at Vaccinecheck.us and she told me to check back on the website again in 1-2 weeks. They are doing their best to be authorized to issue a QR code again.

My fiancé's dad made a call to ICA and asked, the representative told him I can enter Singapore without having  a QR but digital proof of vaccine. I also emailed ICA and they told me I MUST have a QR code; otherwise, I need to fly to Singapore via FTL or Student Pass Lane. People say different things so I can't trust any information.

I'm currently in Chicago and I asked the local free PCR test place. They told me if we request, they can get us the result within a day and it's still free! The negative covid test also has my legal name and my birthday in English. I recommend you to check with the local free testing place and see if they can do that for you. 

BTW i'm flying from JFK-FRA then FRA-SIN. It's almost 2 day trip but i was told that i just have to take one PCR test before departure even though i have 12 hours layover and arriving 2 days later!

@honguyen_45 - do you have any recommendations for a quick turnaround PCR testing location?

@ssa_lly - This article helped me a lot and may be worth pursuing. The idea is you:
1) become a patient at a hospital/medical system near you that offers QR codes for vaccinations and
2) the hospital system periodically updates their records by pulling in state vaccination records. The whole process is explained here:

https://medium.com/@nesporean/how-to-ge … 5e5547c279

In regards to 1)^ , call their new patient number and get registered. Another easy way to become a new patient is to do a walk-in covid test if they offer it. Chances are they will register you as a patient and take your insurance info for the covid test.

In regards to 2)^ the hospital system updates their records and shows you as vaccinated, displaying a SMART QR code. The trick here is to find a hospital system that generates SMART QR codes based on their records. A lot of systems use MyChart to communicate with patients, but not all of those hospital health systems opt in to create SMART QR codes. With this method, I got as far as getting a CLEAR App QR code, but still no SMART QR code, so the key is to find the right hospital system.

**update, my state's digital app JUST (10 minutes ago) rolled out the feature for SMART QR codes. Good luck to everyone!!

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your help:( i read the article and seems like this is the best option for me (and my Singaporean fiancé) to get a QR code. we will give it a try and hopefully to update for y'all.

a big shout out to @michele28ice , i successfully received my QR cord (smart health card format)! i checked my QR code and it says “issuer verified” so i think my QR code works good.

i hope when i apply for VTP next week, it works without any issues as well. thanks for your help :(

I am in a situation like a few of you.   I am traveling to Singapore in a week and got my QR code from VaccineCheck.   As you know it is not working.   I see some had success another way.   What other way did you have?  I have the approved VTL but worry about being able to board.

@ssa_lly I do not see the article.   What did you do?

Turned out ICA didn't give my in-laws any problems after scanning the QR code and looking at the vaccination records they presented. They were done with all the procedures within 1hr of landing.

They flew MCO-JFK-SIN. They did their PCR test at Orlando airport. There's a rapid testing facility there ($175, 36 minutes turn around time).

The connection at JFK was dicey. There was a 2hr delay for the MCO-JFK leg. At JFK, they were made to go to SQ ticketing counter outside of the sterile area. Then there was issue with the QR code which required supervisor override. By then, they were getting late for the flight, and still had to go through TSA. It was a mad dash. But thankfully they made it onto the flight, went through all the checks at Changi, and made it to our home safely.