Moving with household goods and vehicle

I have heard different stories? I am retired and own property in Roatan. I am building a house there. I have been told that I can bring in one container of household items and one vehicle (just once ) duty free. Can anyone verify that for me 🤠🤔
Regards
Ernie

Hello Ernie,

I can't answer yes or no. There used to be similar programs. We used to be able to bring in up to 500usd at a time via the airport. Now we are supposed to pay duty on every item new or used. This is being enforced.

There is a tax based on value and a fixed tax on some items like a tv. This has happened in the last year.

A possible better answer would come from one of the shipping companies like Dip Shipping or the US embassy. https://hn.usembassy.gov/news-events/

The Hondurans are very rapidly maturing to a more sophisticated system. Laws are being enhanced and enforced.

Steve

I just shipped my 2014 Toyota Tacoma from Baltimore to Puerto Cortés total cost ....shipping, taxes, paperwork and tags a little over 5000 US and they brought my truck to Tegucigalpa where I was located.

What company did you use? That doesnt seem that bad.

Hi, What is the breakdown of the cost?

Other considerations.

Cars 5 years or less pay higher registration fees. New car starts at ~550usd. At 6 years it drops to about 100usd

In the Ceiba area where I live there are very few American made cars and very few parts. May be different in the bigger cities.

It seems to be generally understood that all cars of any age cost ~ 5000usd more than in the US.

Steve

I'd love to hear more about this, too

Ricardo
(858) 877 9577
Ship Overseas Sales Team

This is the company I used to ship vehicle to Puerto Cortés Honduras.  Taxes, Tags, etc.  Was handled by another company.  Total cost was about 5k

Is there a rule as to what year the vehicle can be?

@larryjamesa Have read several places less than 10 years old to bring to Roatan.  Not sure about the rest of the country.