Building costs in Honduras?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be moving to Honduras next year and I am trying to figure out the best options for accomodation.

Ideally I would like to live in La Ceiba, but I am also interested in the villages outside of San Pedro Sula.

Is building in Honduras cheaper than buying property?

Roughly how much would it cost to build a small 2 bedroom home?

If you have built in Honduras could you let me know the area and cost per square meter (or foot) ?

New builds start @ $45.00 USD per square foot around La Ceiba Honduras.

Hi, I don't mean to dispute anybody or anything but I believe one can find building costs quite a bit cheaper through local Honduran builders, especially if you're willing to act as your own contractor as much as possible. I know of friends having paid closer to 30 dollars per sq foot

Thanks very much for the info!

I plan on building in about 2 years.  Im going to find a reputable building contractor and have them build for me.  That said I will be there for during the entire building process.  If your not Honduran and decide you are going to be the contractor, you will be charged top dollar for everything and will end up paying more than you thought you would.   From my experience, Most of the laborers are illiterate and many don't even know how to read a measuring tape.  That said, I'd rather pay a little more and end up  with a completed job to my satisfaction.  Good Luck!

Hola! He leido tu comentario yo soy hondureño y aun que desde hace un año que me bine a vivir a usa te puedo decir el mejor lugar para vivir no solo en honduras si no que en todo centro america se llama roatan, roatan es una isla y es el mejor lugar para vivir hay muchos extranjeros viviendo en la isla de la ceiba salen los ferris asia la ceiba te recomiendo este lugar para vivir

Roatan es el mejor lugar para ir ha vivir a honduras

Understand what you stated but others have zero idea what you posted. Post in English 👍🏻

I'm sorry, my english is bad! I want to tell you that roatan is the best place to live in Honduras and if you want a contructor I can recommend one if you want more details I can give you my number I currently live in san francisco california and in 2019 I'm back I hope to see you there

Why in 2019 are you going back to Honduras from California ?

Chris, you notiice that something seems rotten in Denmark about this "Character"

Yep

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please post in English only

I need to sell my two Lots in Honduras Development close to La Ceiba can anybody help with that here?!
I'm just recovering from hip replacement surgery and I live inToronto Canada

How much are you selling it and why

I posted detailed ad can you not see it??
I can repost if not
I'm selling because I got health issues and right now recovering from hip replacement surgery
I don't need two lots I got years back and never made it there unfortunately

I'm sorry to hear your situation Karlsbad hope you get well soon :'(, I'm new here and learning how this works. I have not seen your ad but I suppose I can find it. Just happy I bumped into this web with many stories parallel to my journey as in I'm not alone on this. I've been wanting to move to Honduras near the beaches to overcome city depression. I embrace nature and it's creator something I can't get where I'm in. Thanks for your insight.

Thanks f reply let me know if you interested in the lot I made u good deal it's very cheep to build small house in this development my friends a naighbour said ca 10 k to build
There are many from USA  Europe  and Canada people living there
Keep in touch ok?!
Take care
Maybe I keep one lot a build in beer fiture who knows I hate toronto and I love nature and animals

The Lot 1 is also premium lot and can be used for both residential and commercial purposes
I was thinking some caffe or small store and Upstsirs apartment ?!
The developer selling those lots f 12.990 US dollars I put the same price but I will go way down like half that price, maybe

But I'm old and sick now it's not easy but I'm strong and fighter so we see 😀

Are you in any way connected to Honduras ??
Let me know more about you if you can and like please

Hana

Thanks Hana,

I will keep you in my prayers stay strong. I'll consider your offer where in Honduras is your lot located? My parents are Hondurans and move to the United States many years ago so we all I live here in Florida and other places in the US. I have some family in Honduras and I'm close to a Pastor from there, I help orphan kids in Honduras by sending them clothes, food, school supplies, excetera. I heart Honduras dearly hoping one day (sooner than later) to find a good spot to build a church for them and everyone all over the world can come and find love, freedom, peace and their purpose in life.
Thanks for opening up to me I was scared at first to post but now I feel better.
How did you first hear about Honduras and what made you want to buy from there? I'd love to hear your story.

http://www.mondinion.com/Real_Estate_Li … velopment/

This should tell I all details about lots location etc

I use to date guy who told me about this location when I got some money 8 years back a wanted to invest he did build two houses and bought two lots there that time he's from Toronto a very handy guy who owe Apartment building here and wanted to escape the city as many of us do 😀
I find advertisment on Internet a closed the deal with seller who too is Canadien send money a my naighbour there is taking care of it for me
I never been there as my heart just almost stopped  5 years ago I had third degree heart block out of blue as I never knew I have heart problem so I got surgery and pacemaker
than the hip started couldn't walk for 3 years drugging my foot behind and lots of pain so I just got the surgery 3 weeks ago  hoping for better soon
I was planing to retire in Honduras a build small house w maybe a business downstairs and sell the other lot possibly
All changed and I'm just trying to get better day by day  and sell the lots or etleast one
I don't know if I ever make it there or what the future brings for me but realistically I really don't need the two lots
I could always rent a stay there for few months in winter I think if I visit and like honduras
It's very close to La Ceiba which has international airport and facing Pico Bonito in town in El Pino
The guy I was talking about is living there permanently a loves it but we are no more friends for many reasons
I will send You pictures what he build there a it's amazing but he's guy with money and I'm not
And he's much younger and healthy too so no comparison
Thanks also for sharing ur story w me

Hana

Wow Hana what a testimony, it's never too late your health will recuperate I will be praying for you like I said once again. Don't give up there's always lights on the other side of the tunnel if things didn't work out as you wished maybe God has better plans for you then being with him. Anyways guys tame to mature a little late at times then regret the things they did in their past LOL. you deserve peace and love. Now do you know how are the Neighbors in that area as in safety? What it's the actual name of the town where the lots are located? Since you mention it's near La Ceiba and Pico Bonito where exactly is it located.

There's is detailed description of the area I'm sending again
Can you see it???
It's in El Pino town and the Development is very safe but it's not luxurious place normally lots are much more expensive that's why

Thanks just saw it!

How much are you selling your lot . I live in Canada , Calgary Alberta

I posted 13k us dillard each but it's negotiable let me know if u have more questions I could answer

My good friend build house in his lot in same development Vista Bonita a his family lives in Calgary too

I added two more pic of my Lots in housing post now

Have you moved to La Ceiba yet ?  :cool:

Hello,

My wife and I will be moving to Honduras next year! We are excited to start a new journey and would love any tips anyone can offer. We are a young couple around the age of 25. We plan on living in Roatan for at least a year renting, and later buying a lot in La Ceiba to build on overtime. My wife's father is from La Ceiba and lives there 6 months out of the year. My wife will be taking her work with her while I will be looking for work in the Hospitality, Restuarant or Marketing Business (Or anything honestly). We eventually plan on opening a business once we are more established. I would love to connect with anyone who has the time!

Thanks,

Izzy

I'm headed to Honduras in November I'm planing to start building apartments, building its very cheap I would suggest talanga Honduras for moving . Very lay back town close to Tegucigalpa good neighborhood and town . I know of my cousin build a house for about 15k all concrete three bedroom one bath beautiful house . Maybe that helps

Diving all in on a deal or dream can easily become a huge headache. Hopefully you have all your ducks in order. With that said.... you can still easily pull all the hair out of your head.

Who will you be selling to ? Building @ 15.00 per sq Ft or selling at that ? Either way .... IMO ... not good.

Headaches for you or clients: a/c, hot water, doors don't close (wet wood), 9 months to build a simple apartment/condo... was told 90 days, who stole my electric wiring, what happened to my 39 bags of cement, .... on and on.

Wish you well.

After much research we have decided to purchase beachfront property and build our retirement home around La Ceiba.  We are heading down there in November and we are looking at property at Playa Vida does anyone know of that location.

Hello:
I seen your post as of Oct. 2018. 
My husband and I have plans to move to Honduras. In the Le Ceiba area.
Was just wondering if you have made the move and built a home and was wondering how \
everything is going.

Any information you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you.
Pauline

Playa vida is beautiful. Get a local attorney to represent you!! Do not try and purchase without your own attorney. Be sure that your attorney receives ALL of the necessary paperwork before you pay.

That is correct, get an attorney that will represent you and not the broker or developer.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Advertising is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

How much are you selling your lots in la ceiba honduras for

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

All utilities in place, no waiting nor promises!!!

Interested please email me shirleyella [link moderated]

Building costs in Honduras have been pretty stable over the past 16 years. Labor rates fluctuated over the years but are still by far lower than you could imagine. Materials for building a home or small bungalow are similar to what you would pay in The US or Canada. The $ saved building a home is in the labor in Honduras. As of today 10/13/2021 there are building options in La Ceiba Beach Club that are still under the $75.00 per square foot many have seen over the years. $45.00-$50.00 per square foot is quite possible if a client does not want granite counters, upgraded doors and so on. So, there are options for building costs that are almost the same as 16 years ago.