Portugal D7 visa interview in Canada

Good Day All

This is the first posting I have made on this site.   

My wife and I are applying for our D7 interviews and we are wondering in any other Canadians have applied through the Consulate in Vancouver.  Understandly , we are a little nervous and hope that things go well.

So far, the Vancouver consulate has been very helpful and they quickly respond to any questions we have. 

Has anyone had their interviews in Vancouver?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Have a great day

Hello Dwalter131969,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I hope you and your wife go through these interviews successfully. :)

I'm sure having fellow Expat.com members share their experience will ease your nervousness, and maybe even help you by providing insights from having done a D7 interview themselves.  :idontagree:

Best of luck,

Diksha
Expat.com team

Hello Walter, I am just checking in to see if you successfully applied and what the steps were?

My family and I are planning to apply this coming year, through the Vancouver Consulate and are wondering... does it work like this?

Book your appointment online, the first business day of the month.

Send all of your documents via the online link.

Go to your appointment and hope for the best?

How many in person appointments did you need?

Did you have to pick up your passport in person or will they mail it? I know Toronto will mail it...

We will be applying from Calgary, Alberta so we are hoping to only need to make one trip or at least a few a few days apart.

Thank you for your help! I hope you are enjoying Portugal! ~Michelle