Globe Postpaid Plan

Hello, I would like to ask, I wanna apply for an iphone plan in Globe. I was wondering if there are plans that have no cashout? Specifically for ip13 plans. Thank you!

Better ask Globe, for you to find the right info.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Would suggest a lot of research and compare all the carriers, not just Globe, also relative to where you plan to stop here.

Cheers, Steve.

Be sure Globe or whatever carrier you would like has coverage in the area where you intend to use it, especially in the provinces where some carriers have very spotty signals.

Normally, the bigger carriers have the cities covered.

Definitely scout around with the carriers in your area. Some plans are better than others.

I don't use cell phones much but I use wireless internet and this might apply.

I wanted a postpaid plan because I didn't want to run around buying load all the time. I wanted the convenience of paying once a month.

I saw flashy posters in the Globe office about postpaid plans such as 16 Gb per month for P999. I assumed that this was a standard amount to pay. I applied and was treated with suspicion regarding whether I'd be able to pay, and subjected to a system whereby I could only get a lesser amount of load and if I paid my bill for six months, then I could get on a better plan and buy more.

I was naive about this stuff but after years of getting by on these small amounts of load, my son became a teenager and suddenly knew more about buying load than I did. He told me I could get 60 or 70 Gb per month from Globe on a prepaid plan. He told me about better wifi modems and antennas. He fixed me up and I was happy to get off the "postpaid" plan (which you have to pay in advance, right?) and now I buy my prepaid load the same way.

I go to a store in town that sells load and pay for it P1000 at a time. It's around 60 Gb and it's good for a month. If I run out I get more. If I buy more before the previous order is used up, I don't lose the previous order.

I don't know about your situation but I was an idiot to fiddle around with those insanely overpriced postpaid plans, applying for an account and being treated like an applicant (like a beggar) by  Globe employees who acted like they were doing me a favor to let me be a customer. I no longer have to deal with Globe employees at all, I do not have an account or a contract with Globe, just a wifi with a Globe sim in it.

stumpednomore wrote:

I go to a store in town that sells load and pay for it P1000 at a time. It's around 60 Gb and it's good for a month. If I run out I get more. If I buy more before the previous order is used up, I don't lose the previous order.

Perhaps worth checking the offers to become RESELLER of load, often combined with paying bills service and sometimes tickets and even insurances "One stop shops".  By such no need to go to do such, just do it at own computer/smartphone.

If I get in place I think of geting such, NOT to resell to anyone more than myself  :)

Some such cost very litlle to join , they are made to make small sarisari stores afford to join and offer such services to the public.  Perhaps its such you are buying load from?    :)   
Joining reseller level cost from just 1000pesos and up and are offered in some Facebook groups and I suppouse websites as carousell =erlier olx.

I doubt if anyone here can answer your question. Your best bet is to call Globe at 2882 and talk it over with an agent. You will probably have to call many times to get through. My phone says my last call took 7 tries then there was so much static I couldn't understand the fast talking lady.

ive been in Davao for 15 days and im very confused about this phone system. I cannot get a straight answer from the Globe people at the mall, so am wondering how much people pay for using internet with no wifi, and who they use?

terry from texas

Do you have a plan in the U.S.?  I use T Mobile... and added the international add on for an extra 5.00 per month... I have unlimited (shitty... but worksish) data, text... calling is .10cents a minute... I use messenger all the time anywhere I am... never any extra charge.  My fiancee here does the 399 peso per month for 20 gig plan with smart....

Good luck my friend...

@Naive72317 u have. Two think  u. Can do just pay it or hope he will be dont sound like he is going to do this

Your best bet is to get MagicJack (keep your number, port it over) and then get a GoogleVoice number as a backup (you need US address) you will need Internet for VoIP - and then just get a month to month load for local PH calls/texts. I have found that to be the easiest and most economical of solutions. Hope this will help some... Tony

Your best bet is to get MagicJack (keep your number, port it over) and then get a GoogleVoice number as a backup (you need US address) you will need Internet for VoIP - and then just get a month to month load for local PH calls/texts. I have found that to be the easiest and most economical of solutions. Hope this will help some... Tony
-@tpiro

I also use my magicjack number ported from the US plus google voice using my son's US address. I pay magicjack annually and nothing for Google voice. I find google voice excellent for 2-step verification website login texts and magicjack only works occaisionally for that purpose. I use magicjack for overeas calls to the US from the Phils and it works great.

@danfinn I am wondering if our magicjack and google voice will work ok (hopefully it will) during this PH SIM card registration process? I am thinking it will be ok b/c of VoIP via internet. I am using an old Samsung Galaxy 5 phone that I got through ATT back in the States- still with the old unlocked method to use any SIM card but I have a Globe SIM with a local Philippines Number for local text and calls..

@tpiro I think if the magicjack app works on the version of Android on the S5 (99.9% sure it will), both will work as VOIP.

@tpiro I think if the magicjack app works on the version of Android on the S5 (99.9% sure it will), both will work as VOIP.

@danfinn try WhatsApp.  It's free.  Video and voice calling. Works well with US and PHP  SIM cards.  Talk  to US daily no charge

@laymanm65 We use whatsapp a lot for family and friends in the US. But remember that the other party must accept your invite. Can you do that with your US bank, SSA or IRS? Will they subscribe to whatsapp? Some institutions may but that is not the case for me. For many institutions you need a US number...you get that from magicjack and google voice. For google voice you also need a US number and I use my ported magicjack number for that. I view whatsapp as an essential service but it has a much different function than MJ or GV in my particular case.