Covid restrictions in Montenegro

Dear all,

I am living in Germany and thinking about emigrating to Montenegro. I am planning to visit there one week in September in order to get to know the country and to understand whether this is a place where I could live.  I understood that currently it is necessary to get a test in case you are not vaccinated and you want to go to a bar or restaurant (no matter if you want to sit inside or outside).

Could somebody let me know how strongly this is enforced, do the people care about this rule? And in case it is enforced how difficult is it to get tested? Many thanks for your answers!

Cheers,
JG

The latest I have heard about Montenegro is there are restrictions put back in place in the past couple weeks. Truly the best way to get anywhere in Europe is to be fully vaccinated. I was there in mid May and was fully vaccinated but had to still take a PCR test to re-enter the US. You can get a PCR test for free. I was visiting Bar and the testing site was easily accessible in the middle of town. My wife is a native of Montenegro and she is in constant contact with family members in the country as to the restrictions. Stay safe and still wear a mask and wash hands often. You should be fine.

Get vaccinated and protect yourself and those around you.

Hi. US resident here, fully vaccinated. I'll be in MNE for 8 days in October, mostly in the mountains. I plan to spend the last 3 days on the coast so I can get tested before I return. Can you tell me how they deliver your test results? Do I need to go back to the site where I was tested?
Thanks
Freyada

Freyada wrote:

Hi. US resident here, fully vaccinated. I'll be in MNE for 8 days in October, mostly in the mountains. I plan to spend the last 3 days on the coast so I can get tested before I return. Can you tell me how they deliver your test results? Do I need to go back to the site where I was tested?
Thanks
Freyada

Hi Freyeda,
We were tested in Mojlab in Tivat city center and I know it has its centers in different cities. You can get a print out or they can just sent it to your e mail. You only wait 15 mns to get your print out

Oh - these are rapid tests? Fantastic. Thank you.
Frith

Freyada wrote:

Oh - these are rapid tests? Fantastic. Thank you.
Frith

Yes, repid antigen tests. Stay safe 😊👍

So the question is, is it possible for foreigners to live and apply for Residency in Montenegro who are not vaccinated?.

Of course it is ! Please don't send such ideas into the universe ;)

It is probably a good idea to read your countries consulate/embassy website to confirm any requirements regarding "entry" into Montenegro. It is my general understanding that at the moment at most, only a negative COVID test may be required or "entry". As far as residency, we have applied (once June 2020) and renewed (June 2021) since the pandemic started and there was no requirement regarding vaccination or testing.

laingdm wrote:

So the question is, is it possible for foreigners to live and apply for Residency in Montenegro who are not vaccinated?.

THIS site suggests not

Still current at:24 November 2021
Updated:28 October 2021
Latest update:You'll need proof of vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test result or proof of recent recovery from COVID-19 to enter Montenegro. Entry to indoor venues is only possible with a negative PCR test result, proof of vaccination or proof of recent recovery from COVID-19. Restrictions may change at short notice. If you're staying in Montenegro, follow the advice of local authorities. See 'Travel'.

I tried the NZ site but it wouldn't load

https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/montenegro

The UK says ,,,

Entry to Montenegro
British citizens can enter Montenegro across all border crossings with at least one of the following:

a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel
a negative rapid antigen test recognised by the European Commission, taken within 48 hours of arrival
a positive PCR test or rapid antigen test, which is older than 14 days and not older than 180 days since the day of the test, demonstrating recovery from COVID-19
proof you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

That suggests a neg test is enough

laingdm was asking about conditions for gaining residency, not about visiting on holidays... 

So I confirm, to apply for a residence permit, you will not be asked your vaccinal status.