5 day isolation period

Hi guys, we bought a holiday home in Emilia–Romagna last August and have only managed to get there twice due to covid .

Can anyone shed any light on the 5 day isolation, as we have flights from uk booked 23 rd August. If we go can we collect shopping on the way to our house? Then after day 5 how do we go about getting g a test? Can we bring tests and video calls to get a certificate through the uk or would it be cheaper to use somewhere in Italy?

All help greatly received .

Nice and great idea

Hi. We have been here 3 weeks. We did pick up shopping on the way with just one person going in as there is no on line deliveries where we stayed. We phoned the local number who said to get a test in a pharmacy on day 5. These were just the italiana version of the NHS ones and cost €11 each. Did those at the house and that was it. We took photos of the negative tests just in case.
All quite relaxed for us tbh.  (Just our driving home drama now as the rules changed for France when we were here and we drove)
Safe travels
Paula

Hi Paula

Thank you very much for your information, that has put my mind at ease as we have been thinking of canceling our trip. 11euros is far cheaper than I thought it would be.

Have you come across the green card situation as yet? I have heard that you cannot get into restaurants without one? My husband and I are double jabbed and have read the NHS passport should be sufficient but we have 3 children in tow with no vaccinations?

Thanks

Marilyn

I believe from August 6 th you will be required to produce the green pass to gain access to public places..

We have 5 kids in tow and not been asked once for either proof of vaccination or green card as yet. As I say we are here 3 weeks this Friday. (Also not asked once for proof on our journey from the uk by car).
We are in Tuscany and tbh haven't eaten out much but have been out for pre dinner drinks in the piazzas.
Paula

Hi,

While I can't speak to the 5 day isolation question, I can comment on where you can get testing. We were just there in June/July. We got our testing at a Pharmacia and it was very convenient. There are also testing facilities at major train stations and airports (we saw ones at the Ancona airport and Rome train stations). Hope this helps!

Hi , thanks for your help, I think so too, Although I have heard they will now accept NHS vaccination pass  and negative proof too. Not sure if this is correct though.

Hi ,yes that has helped. I feel we can easily nip to a pharmacy now and get the test. Did you need appointments or can you just turn up.

Thanks

Thanks Paula, I think it will be a case of us seeing what happens whilst we are there with the rules changing on the 6th. Worse case scenario I will be cooking for 12 days not eating out lol,

Thanks

Hello - I'm heading to Italy next week. I have a certification from the NHS that confirms my vaccination status (obtained through the NHS app NOT the covid app) and I'll be having a private test the day before - my understanding is that once in Italy you have to report your presence via a covid reporting system for each region and self isolate for 5 days so shopping for groceries is a no-no.
Take a look here:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … quirements

Are you vaccinated? No quarantine if so. Have your plf.

You need to read the Italian health directive. If vaccinated then Italy will accept certificates from UK, US and a few other non EU countries, no questions asked. No Green Pass, no QR code.  No Quarantine! PLF is a must.
Then again if you are driving I'd be surprised if you were asked for anything. I was in Italy for three weeks and never had to show anything. Zilch. Quite disappointing. A doctor flew into Sardinia last week and no one was asked for anything at the airport.

Yes I am vaccinated and have the paperwork to prove it - I wanted to cross every T and dot every I so I did everything that was recommended for travel from the UK.
It was interesting to see just how little concern there was when I checked in at Dover. The French customs simply asked if I'd been vaccinated and I waved the paperwork at him but he didn't scrutinize it - then nothing for the rest of the drive!

LindaR57 wrote:

Yes I am vaccinated and have the paperwork to prove it - I wanted to cross every T and dot every I so I did everything that was recommended for travel from the UK.
It was interesting to see just how little concern there was when I checked in at Dover. The French customs simply asked if I'd been vaccinated and I waved the paperwork at him but he didn't scrutinize it - then nothing for the rest of the drive!

Yes I think there is Covid fatigue at the borders and elsewhere. I too had my t's and dots but had little scrutiny. Flying into Frankfurt the immigration officer was more interested in the behind of a woman exiting than he was my certificate. Never looked at it. Taking a bus to Italy absolutely nothing checked, anywhere.

Seems to be a huge difference between what we are told should happen and what actually happens - I'm just glad to be here finally!!

Hello,
     Wondering the same thing. Coming from the USA sept 1 and have a layover in London (about 2 hours). Arriving in Rome. Wondering how strict the 5 day isolation is? Is there an app we need to download on our phone? Do they keep track of where we are? Will they come check on us? I am vaccinated and wondering if their quarantine restrictions are strict or not? I've heard rumors that they track your phone and come knock on your door.

We are flying to Rome from the US, with a transfer in Paris. As far as I have researched, there is NO quarantine for us in Italy. We must fill out a passenger locator form that you can find on line or at the airport ticket counter prior to boarding. You must also have the results of a Covid test within 72 hrs or less of leaving the US and proof of your vaccinations (card).

Not with just a layover! If you stay in the airport there is no quarantine necessary!

Yes, that's still required for UK arrivals. The 5 day isolation is not required for U.S. folks entering Italy

So even if I am transferring through London- no 5 day quarantine in Italy?

If you are coming from the US with a short layover in London, as long as you don't leave the airport, you should not need to isolate for 5 days. This is a rule for UK citizens traveling to Italy

Do you have any info on this? would be appreciated. thanks

dalessia1 wrote:

Hello,
     Wondering the same thing. Coming from the USA sept 1 and have a layover in London (about 2 hours). Arriving in Rome. Wondering how strict the 5 day isolation is? Is there an app we need to download on our phone? Do they keep track of where we are? Will they come check on us? I am vaccinated and wondering if their quarantine restrictions are strict or not? I've heard rumors that they track your phone and come knock on your door.

Do you have any info on this? would be appreciated. thanks