Phone & Internet plans

Hello everyone,

I just arrived to Malaysia and serving my two weeks quarantine.
Just wondering if you have any recommendation about internet providers and cell phone plans.
looking for something reliable.

Thank you in advance

I am not going to recommend you any of the options available. Instead, I will just post what I have and the basis on which I got my plan.
I have a Maxis SIM card with hotlink postpaid plan of RM 30 Per month. The plan includes unlimited SMS and calls within Malaysia. Any calls to India (by pre-fixing 1-300) cost 0.075 sen/30 secs. 1 GB internet along with 1 GB specifically for youtube is included.
Check out the full details here - Hotlink Postpaid Plan 30,40,60
My friends use other plans like Plan 40, 60 which have more free internet usage. I rarely use my mobile internet as I spend most of my time either at home or office where broadband internet is available 24/7. So, I need internet only when i'm outside. I make only whatsapp calls to my friends and family in India. Those are the reasons I chose this plan.

I'm interested in knowing more about this too. I will be living in Selangor.

I got TIME for Internet and Celcom for cell phone plan and so far no issues

Kovu01 wrote:

Not to go off the topic but how was your quarantine? Where was it and what did you do? You had the pre-paid version of quarantine? Im not even sure now how things may have changed since July, there was talk they were stopping the quarantine but that may have been just for citizens.

-@Kovu01

What im looking for is a data-only plan so I can drop my TM combo phone and net if it would save money. Is there such a thing?

Digi do a prepaid RM10 per month plan with 2GB data if you're a light user. Or if you mean home broadband data-only, Time's 100Mbit plan is RM99/month for unlimited data.

Digi do a prepaid RM10 per month plan with 2GB data if you're a light user. Or if you mean home broadband data-only, Time's 100Mbit plan is RM99/month for unlimited data.
-@Cobolin

Yes I need a home plan. I have TM, phone and unlimited net, 8mbps for 73/mo. I dont use the phone, its just included in the deal. If I had another similar plan without the phone, can I do better than 73? I dont need fast net, just stable.

I dont want to hijack my own question but will just say that i get a lot of pressure from TM to upgrade, they even threaten to cancel me if I dont upgrade, but the stability of service at higher mbps is the same as the low, meaning that paying more doesnt get more.

Going forward from now, I just need the cheapest, most basic, slowest net that doesnt even have to allow streaming,  just website access when needed and thats it -- but on a PC, not smartphone. Do you happen to know if Time has cheaper than 73 for any plan, or whats out there even if its using a smartphone as a hotspot the PC can connect through? Ive only had TM all along so im clueless. I only recently got 8mbps, they dropped the 1mbps I had for years.

@cvco I don't know of anything cheaper with Time. I suggest you join the Lowyat forum, Networking and Broadband sub-forum,  and post a question there - someone will know what the options are.