Data Sim Card in Malaysia

Hi All
I shall be moving to Malaysia in about 3 months time and I need to be online. Can anybody tell me which is the best sim card to get for my data stick? I wanted, if possible, a flat rate but no contract, i.e. a prepaid card. Grateful for some advice.:)

Kind Regards
4everasia

are you asking for phone service or internet service?
phone service, they don't have unlimited data plan.
internet service, they have no contract air card (like those verizon card or sprint card in the US). just to warn you, it is very frustrating to get one here being a foreigner.

Hi thanks 4 that. I mean a sim card for a surf stick you plug into the laptop. I thought you can get them anywhere in the world. My brother hd just bought one in India for 3 months.
Kind regards.

Does nobody use a Surf Stick?
Regards

Get the YES 4G..

you mean a dongle as they are called here...it plugs into a USB port.
I have a YES 4G...you pay for what you use. The stick costs RM100, but that is refunded in usage credit.
I have used it for 5 months now with very little problem!
There's no contract or minimum usage, and now large deposit for being a foreigner!

Thank you all, very useful and yes I meant a dongle.
Kind Regards

I just visited Malaysia and bought such a dongle from Celcom. You must pay a deposit to be registered (they photocopy your passport picture page) and then you pay for a one month plan. Total cost to me was RM498 (RM400 register + RM98 plan) which gives unlimted data download for one month. For 2nd and subsequent months just pay the RM98.

Proble was the internet was very slow and cut out every few minutes. I mean REALLY slow. A local friend told me later that was because my hotel room was high (15th floor) so signals at that level were bad. Whatever the reason, I can only report my experience.

You can get Celcom dongles anywhere in Golden Triangle area - I got ours from Sunghei Wan Centre.

Thank you all!!