I stopped wearing hijab will this be an issue Question ??

I use to be a niqabi then I stopped wearing this and just started to wear hijab with face mask do to covid issues. I decided  to  take off hijab as I dont share the  same views  i once had about this a niqabis and hijabis  . I find them to be arrogant and always look down on others . Anyway i removed my hijab  but I am still wearing abayas until I can get  other clothing  but abaya never  really bothered me  any way today was my first day to go out  with out it . It felt a little wear considering I have been wearing it for years  It really did feel nice to feel the sun on my face and stuff. I never even seen what my hair looks like apart from in home . anyway what i want to know is will i face and problems . I have heard  many women egyptian getting harassed when taking off their  hijabs and niqabs face veil by other people  muslims in the community  I did not  face any problems except thinking i was being looked at  but i guess I will have to get use to it. I will still wear hijab sometimes but not all times  I will wear it when i want to   i dont want to feel like i have to buy an  option Also if any problems arise   I am prepared to report it as a foreigner here . I have no issues with anyone who wears it and I think they should respect my decision to not wear it at least not all time anyway.. I still  know people who choose to   cover its not an issue with me.  But harassing some one because they  chose not to wear something is not good . I personally think the practice is out dated but each person have their own opinions on the matter.Anyway if you are a women who wore hijab or veil in egypt  when you decided to take it off did you experience any problems or harassment or anything .  I find it odd that muslim men can go out  in a tee shirt and shorts and no one bats an eye but let a women take off her scarf and go out and all problems break loose. Just wondering should i   expect it or am i just worried for nothing. And I really hope I can get the opinion or reply of a women  not a guy who is giving his two cents would be  good to hear what the women has to say

I donnu if u r talkin abt egypt !! anyways no one will harass u and no one cares
Ps ignore my comment didnt continue reading to know that u want only women opinions I tried to delete it but donnu how

I know you said you don't want a man's opinion. Please believe me I respect you and would never judge only Allah can judge.  I am a revert to Islam myself married to an Egyptian sister.

I totally understand and agree with you and I respect your choice no one can comment. Hijab is a persons intention and respect for themselves.

My wife did not wear hijab yet she respects herself as I'm sure you do. Unfortunately my ego I asked my wife to wear it and I totally regret this. My wife prays and is a very good Muslim a piece of cloth on your hair does not make your imam any better.

As long as you are a good person and respect yourself then only you can decide

Best of regards,
Rafee

very sad story of yours after knowing the right path of Allah hope Allah guide you again.

I don't think you gonna face any annoying as people here would fell you're free to wear whatever you want because you're a foreigner. Men here interfere the choice of women belong to their interior society. You just try to avoid local distrects without a car or a company if you wearing shorts or skinny but if you wearing vast clothes that respect the Egyptian traditions no problem to move freely even alone at night, no one will annoy you for not wearing hegabi but they might do to Steele  from you Lol 🤣. I hope I could answer your worries but allow me to discuss your desgin. As Muslim woman you suppose to commit to the shape of woman that prophet Mohamed describes ( peace and mercy be on him ) that women should were vast, untransperany, non describing clothes.. that is not necessary be Abaya or neqabi you free to were whatever style and colour you chose unless you don't miss these conditions.  Then to keep something to cover your hair just for not to lose the satsfiction of Allah. God bless you of whatever you chose to do and give you every thing good in life and in heavens.

@Ahmed_Mohsen  Yes I am talking about Egypt This is wear i live for now and  Yes some do care .    Not only  do they harass foreigner women but also Egyptian women as well. when they say they do not want to wear this . HIjab Veil should be a choice not to be forced . IF you want to wear it fine your business  but not right to harass the ones who do not want to. I even seen some getting threats with death. What type of islam is this that makes threats to women if you dont do this or that or dress this way they will kill you. This is also oppressive to women because men can go out in anything. I have seen with my own eyes  in egypt . they dress in shorts  and shirt and no one says anything but if a women take off her hijab or veil she get a lecture. Double standard . Its my choice to wear it and my choice to take it off .

@ rafeejones1   Aww thanks  this was the only point I was trying to make. It should be choice not force.
and people  should know why  they want to wear it before putting it on. I have found alot of  women in egypt who do not wear hijab and they are very nice and respectful women but always get looked down on from women that cover .  I have heard of them being harassed and bullied as well even some got death threats  over this . Not right at all

@ Ibrahim Lets hope  Allah will guide you and help  you to stop judging what other people do. Sir you need to focus on your self. My story is not sad. Thank you.  Hijab is a choice  and should not be forced .  While you are so worried about what women wear what about you. I have seen many muslim egyptian men if we are going by that not dressed according to islam and no one bats an eye. but  the  moment a women wants to make a  choice to take off a piece of cloth she gets harassed and people making threats to her. . What type of islam is this ? I find that women who do not wear hijab tend to have more manners and and worship better than the ones who are covered . The veiled and hijabis are the ones making the most sins  and always looking down on others  Even tho you are not a women you are a prime example of what i am talking about .

@Amany Al I always dress respectful     so dont believe everything you hear about foreigner women as it it not true. I only said I was going to stop wearing  hijab. I still might wear it from time to time but it will not be daily . Its my choice. I am well aware of what it says about women. I also think men should learn to lower their gaze too . Women should not have to dress down because men cant control them self ..

my Egyptian husband tried to tell me what to wear, because, quote, "I know my people."  And this is one reason why I am looking for a divorce lawyer, that coupled with his disgusting brother stealing our apartment and my money, while I was away working.  Don't bother what they say, most Egyptians are rude and not culturally savvy, AT ALL.   I wasted three years of my life in that horrible place, and I am glad I finally wised up to the advice, from EVERYONE, don't go to Egypt, they are all liars.  While that may not be statistically true, it is quite rampant.  Also, just look at how the men dress:  tight fake brand name jeans that look ridiculous, and counterfeit logo tshirts. And THEY have the audacity to tell women what to do and wear.  hilarious.  no offense to you, but don't listen to what they say, especially if they are criticising you, it usually means you are in the right.

@Mich , Your bad experience doesn't give you the right to generalize. Egypt is a huge country with incredible population, just cuz you picked the wrong guy you're gonna generalize and say they are bla bla. You made 2 terrible mistakes; 1. married the wrong guy and 2 .judged a whole population based on failure life.
“Americans are shallower and full of drama”
If I were to judge Americans in the same way you judge others but of course I wouldn't generalize.
Anyway, I gotta admit some of what you said is true; Specially that it seems you went to the slums of Egypt !

and what about the lies? You guys are prolific liars #theend ... what about the opinions of the neighbouring Arab countries? Are they generalizing? .. it is true Americans are shallow at times and some arent.. Most are.. but after this experience and after traveling to 182 countries with work and play...  I have to say this is the first time I have said to the missus.. "yes this is a foreign country... "

Personally I don't think the Pyramids belong to Egypt.. they belong to the world..

My God are you not embarrassed that there are so many comments and responses that are the same?

Would love to read your rational response within a civil dialog..

No, being an educated woman from a developed country gives me the right to say what I wish to, and it is not far from the truth.  It is not the foreigner's fault that many of you cannot think for themselves.  You shouldn't judge others, and yet many of you do, because it is ingrained, especially to judge women.
Go anywhere, and it is the same - Dokki, Heliopolis, Nasr City, Garden City, Maadi, you will see the same type of behavior, no matter which suburb you are in.  I did not say that all people were bad, I said that the behavior seems to be a common element among the population.  Americans are shallower and I am embarassed by a huge percentage of the population right now, as well as my government for allowing the takeover of Afghanistan by animals who rape young children.  Americans may be shallow, but at least they are authentic.  For example - many Americans are stupid enough to take the vaccine that they know nothing about, just because they were told to or more likely, they want to be part of an in group.  Egyptians don't follow the rules, never wear masks, but then throw a family member off a balcony for catching coronavirus.  Wow.  Quit telling women what they can do, wear, say, or think and work on yourself - I am sure it is needed.

You have a right to what you want to wear ,  Covering your body for some husbands recommends to cover from another mans gaze,
It is not a necessity .... a man should trust his wife and a woman should trust his husband. As an etiquette women women covers their head with scarf and body to please their body to their husbands, preserving their beauty for their husband eyes only. There is no religious requirement for Hijab and Niqabi  it is up to the woman to dress modestly in covering herself.

first of all iam not judging you,i didn't told you that you are good or bad person iam sad for you because wearing veil or hijab is not personal issue in Islam ,
but an order belongs to god
Allah who ordered Muslim women to wear hijabs and veils not anyone else and you have to know that Allah will punish you in life and hereafter because of that and you should ask yourself why you accept Islam from the first and why you wears the veils and now you wearing it off.
and why you over reacting no one threaten you or even think to do that for you, we all are here for talking and trans informations

Your reply is very none judgemental and is of a true Muslim man in Islam.

I think what is sad mostly is the fact that many Muslim men in Egypt do not follow correctly the teaching of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)  treating their wife and children kindly.  I do find that men who are highly educated and come from a good family are far more respectful and caring for their wives and children.  Men need to look at their own souls first, do you treat your wife with respect? do you give her money to care for the house, do you welcome her parents into your home,  Your wife is the mother of your children and Jenna lies at the feet of the mother.  There are good and bad men everywhere, just as there are good and bad women regardless of how they dress.  Look to your own conduct first before making judgments on others.

Dear sister, I read and fully understand how you feel.  I myself am Muslim and always will be please with god.  When I first became Muslim I was so very very very happy, I wore hijab proudly and encouraged other sisters to wear it also.  I only wore the hijab at the time because it made me proud and happy to be close to Allah.  I meet a Muslim man from Egypt and we married, all was fine until I had our daughter.  Then things changed very quickly and my life became hell.  I was told where I should go when I should be back.  My work money was taken and I was left with very little to take care of my home and children.  Nothing I did was good, even though I always helped in our local mosque and done a lot of charity work with the poor and old people.  I was well respected in the local community. Years passed and I put my trust in Allah, my family was heartbroken to see me being emotionally and mentally destroyed.  However thank god, I had good patience and I know I was a fool to stay.  Now my daughters are grown up and married,  I no longer wear Hijab, and as you say the freedom and pure love for life that Allah wishes for us was there.  My husband is very ill now and cannot do much for himself,  but I care for him and make sure he is comfortable.  Now in my heart, I feel no love or respect for him, but I do love Allah and for him, I will take care of my husband.  Many women would have left years ago.  Dear sister, do not look to the answers of others, especially when it is to do with Hijab, to me, it is between me and my god,  Many men will try and belittle you for your choice, other's will say it is entirely up to you, which it is.   Follow your inner soul light, since I removed my Hijab I feel so much happier and free.  I think and I am sure if my husband had been practicing Islam as it should be, such as respect in the home, caring for his wife, instead of being taken all the time, I would be still wearing a hijab.  Our husbands will have to stand in front of Allah on judgment day and will be asked why he treated his family harshly and so unforgiven.  I am not afraid to meet my god on judgment day, I shall happily run to him with open arms and no hijab.  That is only a tiny seed compared to what my husband will have to answer.  I don't think men truly believe they will face such a day as judgment if they did, not a  bad word would leave their mouth towards their family.  Outside the home, my husband is the helper of all people, smiling and kind.  At home, it's dull and no spirit or feeling of peace.  I know many many good Muslim men, who are very good and loving to their wives and children, their home is bright and a beautiful feeling of peace and harmony prevails.  So my dear sister please believe me and do what makes you happy.  Dress nicely and stay close to Allah, do your good deeds and prayers.  All will be well for Allah says  "WHOEVER THINKS OF ME I WILL THINK OF THEM AND WHOEVER RUNS TO ME I WILL RUN TO THEM".   To me that's the only answer I need, I am as close to Allah as my own breath and he will judge me  WITHOUT MY HAHAB AND IN ALLAH I HOLD MY TRUST.   Be will and for god's sake, live you're free in a beautiful Islamic life.  You may message me if you so wish.

Every Muslim girl has the right to decide whether she will wear the hijab or not. Of course, wearing hijab and abaya is conditioned by her family and other relatives' family traditions and religious views. I think that to stop wearing hijab, a Muslim girl with relatives should first consult her father, brother, or mother. I think they can advise her of a great solution. I know many girls who know how to combine the hijab and abaya with modern clothing. My friend buys jeans and [link under review]. Of course, she wears jeans with the color of the abaya.