Leaving my car uk registered

Hi
I am just wondering if I leave my U.K. Registered car in Bulgaria can I fly back to U.K. Without taking my car ?
Is it allowed to go to another country leaving my car in Bulgaria

Also if anyone can help me to find tourist guide there with the flexible hours
Thanks

I see no problem in leaving your car here in Bulgaria and flying to the UK. No one keeps a record of your belongings and asks you to carry everything with you. Besides you can sell the car, or it might need some repairs, or you can just park it somewhere.

As for the tourist guide with flexible hours - not sure what you mean by this?

Thanks for kindly information.i only wondered after brexit if anything changed between U.K and Bulgaria this is why. I think I need to sell it because I already exported from U.K and can't take it but or not worth to take it back.
Thanks again.

osman uk wrote:

Thanks for kindly information.i only wondered after brexit if anything changed between U.K and Bulgaria this is why. I think I need to sell it because I already exported from U.K and can't take it but or not worth to take it back.
Thanks again.

You will need to import it on your return if you wish to drive it.

I have three uk registered cars on my driveway in Bulgaria. After the glorious Brexit - I will need to pay import duty on all of them, that is if I decide to put bulgarian reg on them.  Who would pay £400 to register an old banger van? XDD
Now - I use bulgarian insurance (based on car's vin number - same procedure in some other EU countries), bulgarian MOT, only without oficial certificate stamp and BG vignette.
Insurance in uk was £1350 a year for a minibus, now its £250 a year in BG. And it includes a green card for other eu countries.

Hi. Thanks for giving me informations which would give me some idea.
Let me explain my situation little bit and you might give me some advises.i declared this car to dvla as export because of taking it two years abroad ( it was necessary by law )and it is not recorded there anymore.
I kept this car 2 years with me in Turkey and have to leave it to Turkish custom without getting any money or take to other country with me.
I need to go back to UK and bring my other car to Turkey but I have to enter to Bulgaria and stay there 10 days before I fly back to the UK.
This is why I thought if I take my vw Passat ( it is still good condition with some small problems) 2010 and automatic , I could sell it in Bulgaria even for drive or scrap.
This would be great if I can get some money for my travel costs and to bring my another car.
Can I sell it to someone who to drive or even for scap it?
Thanks

@PubCrawler

I registered my UK car here this year and I didn't pay import duties/VAT. I showed the e-vignette I bought when I first arrived with it in 11/2019, so they accepted that it had been imported... but levied a small penalty for not registering with 6 months. Not sure if it had to be 2019 or if 2020 was OK too. So maybe you've had them here a while, so you can avoid the duty too.

Not sure about your cunning VIN insurance. Are you sure it's OK? My agent gave me the same VIN insurance so I had cover to drive it to Plovdiv to get it registered. But she said it would only be valid for one week, and within that time I would need to get the registration done, and update the insurance with the new Bulgarian plate.

@osman uk How did this workout? I'm considering leaving my car at Sofia's airport and flying to the UK too so wondering if there's an issue with leaving without my UK car
Also with regards to bringing your other car to Turkey did that work? I thought you had to stay outside Turkey for 6 months to be able to bring a car again

Dear Friends,

I got my residency last month in Varna and trying to set up the life nowadays.

But I have a different question today; I have brought my TR registered motorbike here to Varna since I had an emergency on my car engine in TR. And tomorrow I need to return TR with bus only 4 days. Is this a problem on the customs? May they ask, where is the motorbike?

@aybarssurucu

Congrats on your residence, hope you enjoy your new life in Bulgaria!

Just my uninformed opinion, but I'd be shocked if anybody anywhere (apart from you) is concerned about your motorcycle! :-)