Any cool place to visit in russia ?

any cool place to visit in russia ?
aside from the crowded western areas of russia (moscow , saint petersburg)
some place in the east or middle
not so cold and have good nature mountains and valleys   
and when is the best time of year to visit this place

Okay, hold my beer! :lol:

So, these places became almost a hell during this pandemic, but I hope the situation will get better sometime.

Here on the Black Sea, we have Sochi, the most European city for customer service along the coast. But it's also the most expensive and crowded place. But there are smaller towns with lovely beaches and cozy hotels, for example, Anapa, Archipo-Osipovka, Alushta.

The Sea of Azov is the reflection of Soviet service. Here you feel like you live in a small village. But there you can both swim in the calm sea or move further and try surfing. Beware of jellyfish! Not all of them do any harm but are yucky.

Both these destinations are better to visit in May-September. It's warm, sunny, but muggy sometimes.

My TOP 1 is the Altay region. The service has improved since 2008, and there are so many hotels to choose between for all tastes. Pros:
- Mountains are mind-boggling! You can reach some of them by car, but the others need some special equipment.
- River Katun is cold as hell. But it's beautiful. In September - October, it's turquoise.
- The Chuya Tract leads right to Mongolia and crosses two mountain passes. It's in the top-10 of the most beautiful roads in the world.
Cons are basic:
- The farther you go, the worse the service is. No surprise that you wake up in the morning and look out of the window - a cow is right over there.
- There are problems with mobile telephony.