Entry from Spain to France

Good evening

I will be visiting Spain from France (where i am resident,  but with uk nationality and passport). I have been vaccinated twice.

I understand that people travelling between EU countries do not need to show a negative covid test.   On the other hand i am not sure if this applies to nonEU nationals, or if I will be required to provide a test,  as is the case for  people entering France from the UK .  Is it where you are coming from or your nationality that is the deciding factor?.   

If anyone knows I'd be now grateful to hear from them

Thanks

BB

Good question @BAHRAMB!

I don't believe it matters where you're coming from, or what your nationality/residence country is.

What matters is that you got both vaccinations in the same country, and they issued you with some kind of "Covid passport".

The EU's concept of the covid passport was that it was proof of your status as EITHER vaccinated (two jabs) OR recovered from covid (antibody test) OR recent negative PCR test. So, yes, if you've been fully vaccinated, you shouldn't be required to take a PCR test.

I did mine in Bulgaria, and they gave me an "EU Digital Covid Certificate" which has a barcode that can be scanned (by immigration officials at exit/entry) to verify my vaccinated status.

I don't know if all EU countries have already implemented this, but I believe they have.

I assumed that, as a resident of France, you got the vaccinations there. As an EU country, they should issue you with an appropriate covid passport. If, instead, as a UK citizen, you did in the UK, then you should have the NHS app to prove vaccination. But I'm not sure how many EU countries accept the NHS app. (As of this writing, I believe the UK is not yet exempting fully-vaccinated holders of EU Covid Passport from need for PCR/isolation.)

Thanks, Gwynj.  Very helpful.   I have the vaccinations and the NHS app.   Keeping my fingers crossed that that will be sufficient.

My son arrives from UK to Santander Saturday ( I live Barcelona Province) and we are to meet up in France Sunday South of Lourdes for the Tour de France. He will have had a lamp test to cover 72 hrs to allow him into Spain and France. My wife and I have a PCR test here tomorrow morning to allow for result in 24 hrs and go into France Friday. All of us have had 2 jabs and have vaccination certificates on our mobiles. We will all have the required paperwork, plus, for the French, proof of residence (where we will stay) and proof that we have enough money to cover the costs of our 7 day stay. Bloody French. We lived for 12 years in the South of France and had enough of them. France is the only country in Europe not to allow EasyJet and Ryanair to have hub airport facilities to protect Air France, the airline  that brought Concorde to an end. Go to Girona and Barcelona airports and 75% of passengers are French.