Hello! [Info on Covid vaccines for foreigners staying in India]

Hello everyone,

As the title states, I have been looking everywhere to find out if foreigners can get vaccinated against Covid here in India.

With the critical nature of the pandemic in India, I am looking to get vaccinated here as I cannot return home for some time. I am a Canadian citizen married to an Indian and living in Bangalore since 2015; I possess an entry visa that I renew yearly. I have not returned home since January 1st of 2018 so have been here for over 3 years consecutively. 

I reached out to my embassy and was told that they do no provide any vaccination campaigns for their citizens here and to consult with local medical authorities.

What I would like to know is, has any foreigner living in India gotten the vaccine here? Shouldn't there be some kind of provision for the foreign spouse of an Indian national to get the jab here? If anyone has any information at all, I would very much appreciate it. 

Everyone around me has gotten the vaccine and given that there are so many foreigners living in India, I would think that some have successfully gotten the jab in the country.

Thank you in advance for any information!

The problem is, particularly for Americans is that Covaxin is available here, but FDA in America will not approve it for usage by the Indians who have had it here and then went over there.  There have been NO SUBSTANTIAL studies done to determine the mixture of different vaccine brands based on different technologies with unknown short-term and long-term side effects.