Graduate Studies at Kuwait University

Hello everybody,

Did you know that you have a chance to get your masters degree from kuwait university almost free of cost, it's open for kuwaiti citizens as well as expats. Also most of the programs (medicine and biological sciences are not included) are offered for part and full time students.

You can find the admission rules here
graduate.edu.kw/english/topics/current/index.php?cat_id=3

Keep in mind that you should start the equivalency procedures before October, for more information read this link

graduate.edu.kw/arabic/news/details.php?data_id=144

You can apply at December for fall 2012 semester.

would a post-grad from KU be recognised and endorsed abroad? I heard otherwise from certain folks.

that is the question; there is a reason people go to KMBS for MBA in Kuwait.

This is absolutely not true, many of my colleagues who got their post graduate certificates from KU were admitted for PHD programs outside (Canada, US, UK). So kuwait university certificate is recognized, you know kuwait is a rich country, it can't leave its only national university unrecognized.
But I shall tell the truth here, it's not easy to get into MBA program in kuwait university since so many applicants are received every year and as usual they have a limited quota for non-kuwaitis. So being admitted there is possible but it's not guaranteed, for other programs, it's easy to get into them. Other problem about MBA program in KU is that if you weren't a BA graduate they gave many prerequisites courses from undergraduate which prolongs the time to graduate to minimum 3 years.

thanks for the info FL :)

will definitely look into that, i had it on authority from a Kuwaiti in my company studying at KMBS that the KU MSc was not as internationally recognised.

If I am not graduated from Engineering college , have I to finish the 6 pre-request courses in the first year ?

Ok I'll tell you, If you want to study masters in the engineering college you should have a degree in a related major for instance
If you were computer science graduate you may be admitted to computer engineering, Physics may be admitted to electrical engineering, Geology to petroleum.
But If you don't have a related degree you won't be admitted there.

I am a nurse employed in the ministry of health here in Kuwait. I have AM duty always as I am assigned in the quality and accreditation department. I am interested in taking up a master's degree and having read your post regarding being able to take up graduate studies here at a low cost really got me. Can you enlighten me on this? I have already read the requirements for admission and any further information you can share would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

i am graduated from geology for my bachelor, any info about master geology in KU, for partimer guy like me. i worked in rotation in kuwait but  i want to continue my study while working in rotation in Kuwait. thanks

Regrads,

eri

Hi all,
  I am an african. I read chemical engineering, can I be admitted into Petroleum Engineering in Kuwait University.

Hi, please I will really want to discuss with you bcos I have been trying to submit my application for Masters . Please can you alert me or call me with +2347035151289

Can someone in africa apply

hai dearest:
since 1979 my family living in kuwait..so I also completely studied in Kuwait ,now I am thinking about to join kuwait university for higher study...how to apply to join kuwait university ..pls give helpful information about that ......thank you

Hello askerthadathil.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope you'll get some prompt feedbacks soon.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hello,
I applied for the Excellence scholarship in March this year, and was wondering when / how we will be informed of the result? They don't answer any emails. Is there a number I can call?
Thanks!

I'm also in the same shoe as yours. expecting from them as well but as for my own case, i already had a skype interview  3 weeks ago.

Let's hope the update come soon.

Hello, i want to apply for Kuwait University excellence scholarship next year to study for PhD in History. Th e issue i have now is information, but i am glad to come across you guys who have already applied, please share information and your experience with me plsssssss.......................... i can be reached on whatsapp +2348038848764 and by mail [email protected]. Thanks

bojesomo wrote:

I'm also in the same shoe as yours. expecting from them as well but as for my own case, i already had a skype interview  3 weeks ago.

Let's hope the update come soon.

Hi, I was unaware that they take skype interviews. Didn't a list already go up on their website a month ago? I could see no foreigners in that list....May I please PM you  to talk further? Which country are you from?
Thanks!