Studying in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Kuwait?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Kuwait?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

Hello,

Its not a good idea to study in Kuwait.There are not much universities here & the cost of living is much higher. It is difficult to get a good part time job to support your living expenses. I would recommend going to Dubai, Malaysia where the cost of living is low & universities are well known.

Hello .... I totally agree to your quote & fact that Kuwait is not that comfortable & prof. place to persue a higher education .... well from my side, i was searching for prof. institutes and business school ... but i had rather travel out or do online education rather than getting any from Kuwait .....  morever, Dubai & even Qatar would be good place for Education maybe .... but if we talk about Singapore & even Far east countries i.e Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand ....etc i think they would be good choice ...

studying anywhre is appreciable why only kuwait , kuwait is nice place for education and better i guess i myself studied in india a distorted syllabus and twisted history as those days congress want their leaders always portrayed as heroes and others as villains . kuwait students study inbetter conditions and saftey woise too .
when i compare me as student in india and my kids student in kuwait , i surely know they are more better students and know crystal clear what they are studying and smart thinkers .
comparison is harmful every individual are different , individuality to b e celeberated
never compare a child with other

Hello,

Totally not . I do not recommend it at all.
Kuwait is not a country where you want to go to college specially if you coming from abroad. 
The country is expensive to live in. There is no college towns , no decent universities and there is no fun in Kuwait . I can go on and on with many more reason not to go to college in Kuwait .

Wolff1970 wrote:

Hello,

Totally not . I do not recommend it at all.
Kuwait is not a country where you want to go to college specially if you coming from abroad. 
The country is expensive to live in. There is no college towns , no decent universities and there is no fun in Kuwait . I can go on and on with many more reason not to go to college in Kuwait .

Totally agree with you.

Hello

I would encourage anyone to study abroad to learn different cultural experiences.  The primary language here in schools is English. As far as tuition goes...not really sure.

Hi dear,I totally agree with all those that replied studying in Kuwait is very expensive. I myself I want to upgrade in some courses which I searched some of their universities and their tuition fee is so much plus the cost of leaving is also very high so it advisable to study in other country rather than Kuwait.I made up my mind either to go back or search other countries.

absolutely i  agree with you and all other factors of cost depend on financial s and circumstances of the parents and their work regards

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please avoid diffamatory comment.

mr fahad your reply is the best and you mention it it simple and nicely thanks and regards

Hi, every one
I am Indian., i Studied in Kuwait University. the education in Kuwait is no bad but depend what you want and who want to study?
If you are looking Kuwait University or Training Institutions run by Govt. it is mostly free of charge but for Kuwaitis and the students are studying through the program of Scholarship. this only through Embassies. and most of the courses are in Arabic mainly and English as second language.

and if you are looking by fee, there are more than one Western Universities like AUK and Australian University. But this good only for Kuwaitis or families who stay in Kuwait with very high income. bcz its soo expensive.

And also in future may it will be a strong hub for education. Bez now One of the  biggest University is under construction.

I am working one of the American school as teacher.
Good luck for every one
thanks

Get your education online. Live anywhere. Get your degree while you gain work experience and explore a new culture.

This is not possible for everyone. I was lucky enough to get a job In Kuwait at the International school my wife teaches at, so we can support each other as I finish my degree online.

Hello

I don't recommend at all
universities  in Kuwait have one of the lowest ranking in the middle east
And it doesn't worth the money they take from you