Which British school would you recommend?

We are probably moving to Kuwait from Dubai in October. I have been researching the British schools for my 7 year old; am down to a list of three - KES, TES and BSK. Which one would you choose?
By the way, are there long waiting lists for schools? Is there any hope of getting a place this coming term? All very last minute unfortunately.
Thank you so much for your help.

Hello uknomad.

Welcome on the forum! :)

Hope other members will soon recommend some British Schools.

Thank you,
Aurélie

BSK is the best

Bsk and  new English school

from year 1-8, TES. Hands down. classes are small, majority of school is British.

you go over to NES after year 8 for IGs, kids will have picked up proper English, and they'll need it, coz NES the mix is different, its more Kuwaiti & Egyptian students. British teachers still tho. top notch.

that was my school path, altho i jumped ship from TES early, did year 8 in NES itself.

both schools are in Salmiya too. Score.

Thank you so much for your replies. From just looking at the websites (which obviously is not the best way) I was swaying towards TES but now will also look into BSK as some of you think that is also a good choice. Legacy, I as was thinking about TES because it seemed smaller and friendlier.
What about waiting lists? In Dubai I can list the best schools but there is no hope of getting in them (long waiting lists). Is the situation easier in Kuwait?

pretty much the same with waiting lists.

the best thing about TES is the little village feel you get from the small numbers, back when i was there, the whole school, from KG to year 8, had about 360 students.

NES, i hope you are good at maths, for their upper school (year 7 - 11):

6 sets - X (smartest), X1 (second smartest), A (third smartest), A1, B, B1 (not very smart). 25-30 students per set. the naming of the sets may have changed, heck i think they added a few extra sets here and there, but ur basically talking about a heck of a lot of students.

That sounds worrying if the waiting lists are just as bad, need to get the company to make a final decision fast so that I can start emailing the schools. Oh expat life...
Thank you for your help.

New english school is ranked as the best for the past few years. Bsk WAS good, but has gone down lately.

Thank you Pishi, will also look at New English School. Bad timing at the moment because schools are shut. Just hoping we can get a place as we are trying so late in the day:(

any 2012 experiences folks?

i very much think the best school in kuwait would be KUWAIT ENGLISH SCHOOL it is beacause you don't g down a year and that they acept great students and believe it or not but i hope you believe it that KUWAIT ENGLISH SCHOOL has over 69 different nationalitys and this school had a varity of learning techneqs and this school was rated the best and on sunday this school will be on the radio in the morning for signing the national anthem (the whole school will sing) not only is it good for subjects but it includes traveliing tips with the school like to paris or france or germany or belgium or swizerrland or washington or thailand and many more. i hope you do eventually come to this school and if you do have a great time there . i am a studen there so i hope i would see you and help you around

i would like to correct you that KUWAIT ENGLISH SCHOOL  is ranked the best out of all schools in kuwait :)

TES > NES > KES.

thats just common sense.

In the end my daughter got a place in TES. She is very happy there.

TES is the best, she is very lucky :)

I am moving to kuwait next December. The following schools are already having long waiting lists for the 2nd term : TES,  NES,  BSK and KES so I am stuck with only one choice: The English School for girls
Can anybody give me a feedback on this school?

I am an expatriate educator. I have worked in three private schools in Kuwait. I am leaving, because I find it incredibly difficult to work in Kuwait. The Kuwaiti students are extremely challenging. The only private school that I would send my own children to is the New English School in Hawally. It has been in existence since the 1960s and it enjoys a great reputation. It is a not-for-profit institution. They have great teacher retention. I would strongly encourage educators to explore other opportunities outside of Kuwait.

Hi , is the secondary good in NES as my son will go to yr9? Because yr11 is very important  . How is the BSK?