Suggestions and Guidance on my new employment opportunity

Dear Friends,

I have been working as a software consultant from last 2 years on deputation for an indian MNC and I got a job opportunity to work with a Belgian employer recently,who is providing sponsorship to me to work as a software consultant with a financial bank in belgium with gross monthly salary around 4400 euro including benefits.I have a undefined employment contract with my employer however they are providing 1 year work permit which will be renewed every year as long as there is requirement.

I have below queries in my mind and need some guidance from experience guy who have gone through similar scenarios.
1.How much net salary will i receive monthly from 4400 gross monthly salary ??
2.How safe is the profile of software consultant in belgium??
3.How many years do I need to work to apply for work permit A ?? Will it include my 2 years of experience as a deputy from Indian MNC.

Thanks
VAIBHAV

Hello VAIBHAV,

it's a pretty nice salary, for the exact number I'd propose to look for a recent gross-net online calculator. Figures might vary depending on your family situation.
Again, it depends on your specialization. In some areas demand is high and you won't have any issue changing the employer. You may check Linkedin for open positions as a reference.
I am pretty sure these two years you have been working in India, won't be taken into account.
It's also worth checking if MNC going to put you on "expat tax exemption" status.
In this case, they don't pay social security contributions for the first few years. But on the other hand, I heard it's common that after 3-4 years such companies might cut employment contracts (to avoid paying social security contribution for this period).

Hello Vaibhav
Congratulations for the job offer first. Pls see my answers for your questions.
You didn't say how much your total experience ? Is it 2 only ? Or you have more exp back home ? It might not matter actually so,

1.How much net salary will i receive monthly from 4400 gross monthly salary ??
A: it depends on your personal situation. Try to use online calculator which still gives approx.
IMO, if you are bachelor (not married/no dependent) then it will be heavily taxed. You may get nearby 2500-2600

If you are married and wife as dependent, you might get little bit extra( say 2700-2900).
With 1 kid, you can add 150 more or so as well.

2.How safe is the profile of software consultant in belgium??
A: Very safe. It seems you are going via permanent contract(indefinite), usually companies doesn't fire here like you see in US,India.
Labor department rules are strict so firing employees is expensive and they have to notify with reason and compensate you properly.

3.How many years do I need to work to apply for work permit A ?? Will it include my 2 years of experience as a deputy from Indian MNC.

A: I think you are talking about PR? (Right to unlimited residency where you don't need work permit /sponsorship anymore.
On expat status, you cannot take it. You need to contribute to Social security. So if you are on indian MNC for 5 years then you can not get it. (New rule in 2020).
But if your 2 years will be counted ? I think yes. As you are still resident in Belgium and at the time of applying for PR, you are paying social security (with local Belgian contract).
It might become more clear in some future,maybe.

Good luck...if any questions, feel free to pm me.

Dear ,

I have total 7 years of experience .I worked 5 years in india and 2 years in belgium for an indian MNC .will those 2 years of working in belgium is not count??

Sorry if I didn't write it well in my first question :)

Thanks alot for your guidance on the above topic.

Best Regards
Vaibhav

Dear Raddit,

Thanks for your wish and guidance .I have total 7 years of experience including 2 years work experience for Indian MNC in belgium.
My new employer requested me for health insurance so I took appointment with pertnamut and they say health insurance subscription will start only when you join new company and immigration service is asking my employer to have insurance subscription valid too.I had my health insurance from Indian firm which doesn't work in this scenario.

So can you please guide me based on your experience if you also encounter such situations.

Thanks
Vaibhav

PartenaMUT is subsidized one and valid for local employer.

Till the time you join local company, insurance provided by indian MNC' will be valid.
While applying for work permit for new vis local employer, your international insurance (via indian MNC) is ok and will work. Just go to website of insurance , and download the certificate of insurance

You cannot give PartenaMUT insurance as that will start when you JOIN local employer and HR will sign on the form to get you enrolled for PartenaMUT.
Hope it's clear.

Thanks Reditt,

Same thing was informed to me by Partenamut during my video call with them.They say we can only start your subscription once you join the local employer in belgium not before that .Thanks it is very much clear now ..

Best Regards
Vaibhav

Good luck... And hope your process goes smooth.
If any problems or questions, you can message me privately. I have gone through same process recently. ;)