Residency in Malta

Hi everyone. I just thought I'd update you with the process of obtaining residency. As will probably remember, I moved from the UK to Malta in July 2020.
In October 2020, I made contact with Identity Malta to apply for residency. I received an appointment to attend their offices on 16th December 2020, when they examined all of the documentation that was requested by them. On the same day, I received a paper 'receipt' saying that I was allowed to reside in Malta.
A couple of days ago, I received by post a letter from Identity Malta telling me that I could collect my ID card from their office in Msida.
I have now collected my ID card.
So all in all, the process from initial appointment to obtaining the actual ID card for me was around 5 months.
I hope that this may be of help to people.

Our ten year card took from September to April, seven months.

I went to ID Malta in.march 2020, and got 10year card
TODAY. !!!!!!!!

Thanks for updates, I am moving to Malta from uk in July but Im not british national. Hope it won't be problem with applying.

romanovajana wrote:

Thanks for updates, I am moving to Malta from uk in July but Im not british national. Hope it won't be problem with applying.

If you were british you would not be able to apply for the ten year card anyway.

Hi Andrew, thank you for your post. We have only just been able to return since leaving last October but following an E Mail we now have an appoint Later this week. Hopefully it will all go well.

Thanks once again

Brian Jones wrote:

Hi Andrew, thank you for your post. We have only just been able to return since leaving last October but following an E Mail we now have an appoint Later this week. Hopefully it will all go well.

Thanks once again

According to your profile you actually live in Wales and have a 'residence' in Malta. If that is the case you will not be able to obtain residence here as you are not a permenant resident. You need to have been residing here before Decemberr 31st, 2020. Having a holiday home here does not entitle you to a residence card.

My application here is under the ‘Self Sufficiency' category as I would like to spend more than 90/180 days over here. We were granted a residence card under these circumstances previously.

Brian Jones wrote:

My application here is under the ‘Self Sufficiency' category as I would like to spend more than 90/180 days over here. We were granted a residence card under these circumstances previously.

Good luck. Hopefully you will be able to provide them with sufficient paper work to convince them you are resident and they will give you the 10 year card. If not, self sufficiency is still an option, but as a TCN., but that is on a yearly basis I believe.

Thank you once again. I have bank accounts, pension details, services costs etc. If that's not enough then I will revert back to the 90 day allowed. What is TCN by the way, thanks

Brian Jones wrote:

Thank you once again. I have bank accounts, pension details, services costs etc. If that's not enough then I will revert back to the 90 day allowed. What is TCN by the way, thanks

Third country national

My email ***
Nomber ***

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
bholatiwaribhola wrote:

Dear respected sir I am Bhola Tiwari From INDIA I am interested your country me job requirements me electrican mall maintenance ITI MST Experience only India'7 year's please Sir any help me

This has nothing to do with this topic, why not look on the jobs section.