Moving to Warsaw Wilanow

Hi,

We are moving from Scotland to Warsaw (Wilanow area) but with covid it has been a long journey.

I am a UK citizen my partner and child are both Polish citizens and uk residents. we are hoping to get out for 2 weeks at end of June (covid permitting) to look for a property to rent (unfurnished) for 12 months while we find the house we want, we are looking for unfinished house so we can finish to our tastes or should I say Monika's taste!!, we are not looking for work. but any help on bank accounts etc would be most appreciated. we will also need to buy a car so any information will be great, both our salaries will be getting paid into a UK bank account in pounds whish I hear is difficult to get a bank account in Poland !!!! so anyway any help from anyone would be as I said most appreciated. builders everything. Is it ease to get a new car finance etc!!!!

thanks in advance

I am in the same boat you are, we are moving to Krakow from the US as soon as COVID allows the borders to open. Good questions to ask, will be anxious to see the replies as those are questions that we want answered as well

Hi Kenny,

I'm in the same boat it seems - my wife is Polish and is based in Warsaw (she's a pilot and there's no work in the UK for her) and I shall move over there around September time. I'm just opening a bank account with HSBC and plan to do the same over there, since there's no charge to transfer money between HCBC accounts internationally. Rental income and pensions will be paid into my UK account, and I'll set up a standing order to my Polish account.
Incidentally, do you have any information or experience of private health/dental insurance? Someone recommended joining my wife's, but she doesn't have a private account.

All the best,

Tony