Serbian mobile number

Hello,

I hope this is not too OT for this forum.

I'm trying to procure a Serbian mobile number that would work to receive Serbian calls and text while in Serbia and in other EU countries. I would appreciate if anybody in the group could help me find a solution for this.

Many thanks,
Claudio

Any of the Serbian mobile operators should be able to do this....  and you can pick up a pre-paid sim card in any of their stores. Telenor for certain.

Hi.
All mobile providers have prepaid cards. These can be purchased at almost any kiosk. I recommend you visit a Telenor shop and use them. Very good packages available. If you have a permanent residence and employment you can obtain a post paid contract. Without that you can only use prepaid cards.

Hope this helps.

Dale

I was led to understand the same with Telenor and permanent residency but it's not actually true. The following is an extract from an email their customer service team sent to me:

All persons who are not citizens of the Republic of Serbia and hold a residence permit for one-year period are eligible to enter into a contract/annex without purchasing a device.
In the even that you choose this option, documentation you need to provide includes the Temporary residence permit issued by Administration for Foreigners of the competent Police Directorate at the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia with validity no less than 6 months, and the travel document that contains registration number.

In my case, although I had less than 6 months remaining on my temporary residents visa, as I have been here almost 5 years and had all my previous visas, they were willing to make an exception.