Teaching English in Morocco...?

Hi,
I would like to teach English in Morocco and I just wanted to know about what this experience was like for anyone who has done this?
Also are there any culture shocks that I should be aware of?
Any other tips/advice would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

Online presently i do feom maroc in the country in my region inland
They dont have much surpluss cash to spend on private lessons and if they do you cant expect much per hr 50-120 dh per hr
Volunteering would be i suspect welcome but would need go face to face to a
and speak to Patron. In french or arabic
I have flyered shops and schools also there is a wish for it
I am awaiting private clients passed from a language college in a city here when they get them to return and also have a school who will pay per student taught per block of hrs of 16 per month class of 12.
You need to do face to face or have patience and networking with new friends with locals who you make
And it will develope and evolve but there is great anticipation
Many language colleges and classes privately run here have closed or have not many clients, but they are hopeful of a return contact them that are still trading
Or do what i am and going door to door and advertising in shops where students go to photcopy and print docs for school
Good luck

If you're a native English speaker they'll be falling over to get you to work for them. I'm in Tangier. Arrived late on a Sunday at the beginning of the month, was at interviews all day Tuesday, working by Thursday. Culture shocks depend on where you are from. I've been having a great time. Even if you're a non-native speaker there seems to be plenty around. It's the only country on the planet you can currently work teaching English and get paid decent money (since all of Asia is still with closed borders)

A post script - as I said, there's heaps of work. I got offered another 20 hours of work today, after writing my comment yesterday.

Hi - was just wondering if you need any TEFL qualifications for teaching English in Morocco?   I am a University educated Australian currently undertaking TEFL instruction but am just wondering if needed.  Thanks

To work anywhere as an English teacher, definitely advisable, and most places essential. Seeing as it's for learning how to do it, I'd have thought you'd want to anyway. There are many different quality ones - a minimum of a 120 hour course is generally required. If you want to teach English I'd look for a better quality one that actually gives you some tools that are helpful. The better qualified you are, generally the better paid and easier to find jobs.

The only country on the planet to get paid decent money? Where do you get this? Please don't mislead. Teaching jobs or any jobs pay little in Africa. For good wages and serious contracts, try the Middle East, Korea and Vietnam.

i m with norcal opinion , im moroccan and i give you the same advise
but if you have idea for small project you will succes you will need a small capital

Hello Norcal. Interesting reading your comment.
Any ideas what it's like teaching English or engineering courses in Spain?

Not much. I believe the pay is fairly basic, but I believe it's not hard to get sponsored to teach English once you've got a job. Big advantage - you're just across the water from Morocco.  :D

On the contrary, Norco, I am not misleading at all. I am very up to date. If you look it up and check what's happening now, my information is spot on (including a lot of information you can't look up). I said in my original comment - currently. Right at the minute you can't get to Asia because borders are all closed. I've been needing work for the last year, and been trying to get to China since March.

Normal times, yes - the best places to save money are South Korea, China, Taiwan and Japan, (you missed some) and also the Gulf territories, but the Gulf state schools are all international schools and not English schools, depending whether that fits or not - for them you need 2 years recent work experience in a similar situation. That is followed by good options being possible in Vietnam, Kazakhstan and Morocco, all countries were starting to have some decent money options into 2019. I can vouch for Morocco because I had one of those jobs.

But right at the minute - which is what I said - none of those countries are accessible, so the only country on the planet where there are jobs you can get to and where you can currently get paid decent money is Morocco. Not misleading information, but exceedingly current information, as of March 2021.

Like I said, everywhere else has still got closed borders. That leaves Morocco - which is actually not bad. You can save quite a bit - decently around $1000 a month. Anywhere else with open borders only pays just enough to live on. Are you a near-native/native English speaker with qualifications and experience who teaches English? I am, and I've got work in Tangier having just arrived here, and I'm saving. Nowhere else is currently available. There's been a world wide lockdown on travel - or haven't you heard.

Sorry, but i have no information for Spain. Have you tried through a TEFL site there? Good luck to you.

Nadine

Hi, seen your messages and it seems there are jobs available for English speakers, I was enquiring for my sister in law who is fluent in English and Moroccon, is 26 years old but would like to work from home. Do you know of any jobs available like that, I hear many call centres are working from home during the lockdown. Let me know. I am also coming to Morocco from UK i. 2 weeks. to finalise my marriage with my Moroccon fiancé. I would mind speaking and networking with people like yourself, as it can get isolating not speaking much of the local language. Thanks