EP Rejection

Hi guys,

I just heard from HR that my application was rejected. The reason is about to give chance for Singaporean instead of recruiting a foreigner.

Is there any chance to appeal as i am not in Singapore.

For more info; i am from vietnam and applying for a FMCG company
Thanks.

When did your company applied application?

After the company goes through the Jobs Bank posting (one month) without finding any suitable local candidate, they can apply again for a work pass to hire you.

Is it new EP for a new job, or renewal of an existing EP?

How much is the salary your company have offered you? I once checked on SAT site that a Vietnamese should have around 6k5 to apply for an EPass, which is quite high.
P/s: I'm a VNese too and I am waiting for my SPass to be applied. :)

anhtu96 wrote:

I once checked on SAT site that a Vietnamese should have around 6k5 to apply for an EPass, which is quite high.

This does not depend on your nationality, only on your education and work experience - and of course on the job and industry.

It's a new job

Hi SocolaH

Here's what I've been through :
- My employer applied an EP for me in October, got rejected because of missing documents.

- They applied again in november but got rejected again. The MoM told us to try a new application when the restrictions in Singapore would be eased.

- They applied again at end-december as the government would start the phase 3. This one got rejected too. Like you SocolaHn the Mom told us that they didn't tried to give chance for Singaporean instead of recruiting a foreigner, and they had to publish a job offer for Singaporean citizens.

- Early january they published a job offer on the MoM career website but it seems that they have not found candidates. After that they made another EP application 2 weeks ago (and I think this is the last time) and now my application is still pending.

I'll try to keep you update.

Hi, quick reply.
My last EP application has been rejected. MoM claimed that my company had not furnish my educational certificats, which were submited.
I think that's a lot now, maybe it's time to stop as I get rejected everytime.

Hi,

My employer made an appeal to the rejected EP application before 1 week. Bt current status still shows as Rejected. After appealing, what should be the status of the EP application? Will it take more time.

Thanks for answering.

@beppi

Imdbsoni: Did you try to find the answer to your question in the existing forum discussions? You should, before posting it, as all the information you need is there and available to those who know how to help themselves!

Hi beppi,

Thanks for your advice.

I heard from HR that they have not yet sent my application, they just checked and got advice from MOM.

I think there is no chance to work in Singapore if my position level is quite low (Finance Analyst)

Alias954 wrote:

Hi, quick reply.
My last EP application has been rejected. MoM claimed that my company had not furnish my educational certificats, which were submited.

Hi Alias954,

Sorry to hear that. Why don't you appeal and check with them on educational certificates which you submitted

So the company first told you they applied and it was rejected, now they say they didn't even apply?
I think you should try again with a more honest employer!

SocolaH wrote:
Alias954 wrote:

Hi, quick reply.

Hi Alias954,

Sorry to hear that. Why don't you appeal and check with them on educational certificates which you submitted

Hi SocolaH

Actually that's what my company did. But it's been 2 weeks since they asked MoM to review the application again.

I'll keep you informed of any update.

Hi everyone, I have news.

As I said above my last application has been rejected and we appealed in june. Fortunalty this time my application was approved last monday, even though I'm currently based in France. Now I'm waiting for the entry approval so I can fly to Singapore.

Alias954: Congratulations, on the approval.

Congrats to you! Hope this starts a positive trend for all appeals waiting for results.

Hi Shekhz!

Need advice on this.
Currently, I on EP, and got a new offer from another company  they have raised the EP on 07/06/2021 and after 10 working days application got rejected with 2 reason
1. You have not indicated your company turnover. we will require this information as part of the overall assessment. please update your company's turnover in EPOL before you submit a new application/appeal.
2. The Salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials.
My employer has appealed the case with turnover details and also added some comments and rationales why this candidate is selected and also adjusted the salary to 1k in allowance.
also provided my education certificates to them.
any chances on the approval on my EP ..

GoodLife108: As you may have read on other threads, approvals are subject to several factors, namely company profile, job being offered and why you over local talent, salary thresholds, job posting on jobs bank, fair hiring process and so on, just to name a few.

If your company has done well in terms of providing a good justification as to why you for the role, over others, have resorted to fair hiring practices, offering you a salary that qualifies per the SAT tool, your credentials are good (including educational qualifications) - you would see the approval.

A rejection doesn't imply they don't want to approve EPs, there is additional scrutiny as I have called out in my posts. Your employer needs to righteously give accurate info and ensure a strong cover letter, after a thorough check on the pre-requisites to employ an expat under the relevant permit category.

Finger Crossed  :thanks:
I Will update the group once I receive anything from Them.

Hi Shekhz
Still, my Application is in a Pending state
The employer has done a re-appeal on 22/06/2021.
just wanted to give an update.
any advice from your end so that I can ask my employer to expedite the process.

@GoodLife108 I too am in a similar situation as yours. Did you get an outcome yet? What domain are you from? years of experience?

My ep was rejected and the reason was salary, HR didn't mention high or low.
They have made an appeal 1 week back with eduational certificates etc

HI Guys,

I am Shri and I had received the job offer on 01 July in Singapore. I currently stay in Vietnam. below is my time line for EP process:
01 July: Received Job offer
07 July: EP Application submitted by the employer
08 July: EP status shows pending
16 July: EP Approved & IPA received.

My EP was approved in about a week period of time. The following things matter and if the documents are in good order then it doesnt take long:

1. Your position in the new offer or new role
2. Your salary
3. Your education and qualifications
4. If you have global experience then it does add value
5. Salary offered
6. Your Employer's revenue and financials
7. Your Employer's ratio of local to foreign hiring
8. Your Employers reputation with MOM
9. All documents to be submitted clearly and in proper manner

When above requirements are met, then honestly it doesnt take more than 2 weeks to get EP approved.

Have someone extend short term visit pass using case by case basis? and if approved , how long did ICA give? 1month? or we can ask for 3months? thanky you

Tella TTan: An STVP issued by ICA can be extended, IF you have valid reasons for staying that long, by max. 30 days at a time and max. 89 days altogether.

my pass was rejected after 4 weeks  of being pending, my employer has withdrawn the application and applied for a new application. I'm not sure about the reason behind it and why did they not appealed the rejected application. But I'm afraid my waiting is wasted and need to wait another 4 weeks for the result. sad.

My Pass was rejected after 4 weeks saying with reason "the work pass is for the foreigner to work as an employee for the direct employer only and not to work for another company/client"
@beppi

GoodLife: This wording is used when MoM suspects that your employment contract is with another company than where the actual work will be done. This could be to overcome internal headcount restrictions, because the actual workplace cannot hire foreigners (e.g. due to quotas), or (very commonly) because an agent screwed things up. In any case, MoM does not like it. You better look for another employer!

Hey!
Any update on your application ?
My renewal got rejected twice on the “turnover reasons” even though company had updated MOM post it was rejected first time.

Hi, 

Good day!

I have recieved a job offer and they have applied for Employment pass on 19th March 2022 where I requested to apply S pass. It's got rejected. They haven't informed me that they doesn't have S pass quota and they applied again for Work permit two times. It got rejected both times.

Now only they informed me what happened clearly. They informed me that they will apply for S pass again next month as they will get S pass quota.

What I could see is the company complicated my application process. I am looking for another employer. Please let me know what else I could do?  I am worrying my future pass process would have affected by the above rejections.
@rakshikaravi
I couldn't track my application in EP online platform and company only informed that my applications got rejected.
Hi, 

Good day!

I have recieved a job offer and they have applied for Employment pass on 19th March 2022 where I requested to apply S pass. It's got rejected. They haven't informed me that they doesn't have S pass quota and they applied again for Work permit two times. It got rejected both times.

Now only they informed me what happened clearly. They informed me that they will apply for S pass again next month as they will get S pass quota.

What I could see is the company complicated my application process. I am looking for another employer. Please let me know what else I could do?  I am worrying my future pass process would have affected by the above rejections.
- @rakshikaravi

Look for another employer who keeps this clean. Rejections because company didn't have quota don't have an adverse impact on you as a candidate in your future endeavours.

My employer applied for EP on 2nd Sept 2022, still the status showing as pending. Does anyone know how much time it will take to get this approved.

@ShBhardwaj Did you try to find the answer on your own? This has been discussed numerous times on this forum - and there are even dedictated threads about the topic. So I recommend you read those!