Affordable rent?

My wife and I keep reading about how affordable Argentina is for retirees. We keep finding these very high rents (higher than where we live in USA). Is there anywhere you can find rent in the 500 or so area? Where would you suggest in renting a casa?

Bill

The "affordable" days in Argentina, at least in Buenos Aires, are no longer.  From about 2001 to 2006, there were deals galore, but everything has tightened up.  To rent a fairly nice place in Buenos Aires, we are paying much more than what we paid in Portland, Oregon.  Retiring from Birmingham, where prices are even cheaper than Portland, Oregon, you will experience an even bigger price differential.

This could change over the next 24 months as global economies implode, but for right now, housing isn't that cheap and inflation is jacking up the price of food and gas.  No bargains here, I'm afraid.

The last 3 or 4 years has seen a boom in other areas outside of Buenos Aires as well, so they are relatively expensive too.

Good luck!
micheleandtom.com

Thank you for your reply. We had come to same conclusion ourselves. I hate that, but with so many other options globally to choose from we'll have to mark BA off the list.

Bill and Sharon